Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon.com and T2 UE pre-order... upgraded to 1 day ups?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon.com and T2 UE pre-order... upgraded to 1 day ups?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-00, 06:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got shipping confirmation and it says its been shipped via 1 day ups. I only ordered it via regular shipping method. Do they automatically upgrade u sometimes with pre-orders? Personally i think it would be better for them to just ship the dang thing a few days earlier...than upgrading my shipping. But im not complaining!

------------------
trae My DVD Collection
Old 08-28-00, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wish mine would ship out with this upgrade.. still says Item(s) on Preorder. Hasn't changed from "Item Availability: 1 to be released: August 29, 2000 " to "1 on hand" like some others have reported yet.
Old 08-28-00, 09:44 PM

Me too pantala, It just says "Item has not yet shipped" If they don't get their act together like most online retailers than I might just cancel it and order of express since I hear alot off people have been getting theirs already.

-Marty

[This message has been edited by Marty_Mcfly (edited August 28, 2000).]
Old 08-28-00, 09:58 PM

The actual order history screen no longer seems to be updated. To see if they have a copy on hand then hit the cancel order button and the next screen should say '1 on hand' If it doesn't then you will have a wait for it. Make sure to press the back button so that you don't accidentaly cancel the order though
Old 08-29-00, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Nope, my order just shipped via UPS Ground.
No complimentary upgrade for me, but I am happy it shipped. Maybe it'll be here by
Saturday!
Old 08-29-00, 03:16 AM

I wonder why the hell they're shipping UPS ground? Everything I've ever got from Amazon, including shipments of 5+ DVDs, has come priority mail which is 3 days or less. Damn UPS will take at *least* 5 days, which puts it over the weekend, pushing it to next Monday at the earilest! Man that sucks.
Old 08-29-00, 04:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My T2: UE, Braveheart, and North By Northwest order shipped priority mail.
Old 08-29-00, 04:27 AM

Mine was "Complimentary Upgraded" to Priority mail (2-3 days).
Didn't even notice that the first time through the notification.

*Edited due to spelling errors...

[This message has been edited by S-D-Z-C (edited August 29, 2000).]
Old 08-29-00, 05:05 PM

Just an update, my DVD came today...woohoo.

------------------
trae My DVD Collection
Old 08-29-00, 06:17 PM

Yo Trae,

Is Amazon shipping the 1 disc or 2 disc version of T2U??

Thanks!
Greg
Old 08-29-00, 06:27 PM

2 DISC Well at least on my order... and i got mine on the DATE it was released which is when Amazon almost always ship by. So I think people who got it even a lil before me got the 2 disc version too maybe?

------------------
trae My DVD Collection
Old 08-29-00, 07:00 PM

Thanks Trae,

Mine shipped yesterday from Amazon as well, I'll post when I receive mine. Although my shipping wasn't upgraded so it'll probably be a couple of days for me ! My gut feeling is since ours both shipped the same day I'll probably get the 2 disc'er as well. We'll see...
Old 08-29-00, 08:13 PM
Banned

They sent mine regular UPS ground, which from Christina, DE to Maryland is overnight. I ordered regular standard shipping. I'd prefer USPS, but I should have this one tonight or tommorrow sometime!
Old 08-29-00, 08:56 PM

Trae and Austin Powers,

A word of caution, within the last couple of weeks I placed and received an order from Amazon, opting for the basic worldmail option.
The disc arrived in a couple of days by UPS courier and about a week later I got a bill from them for £48 / $73.
This was for the courier service and then the uk customs because the additional delivery charge then pushed the value into the duty payable area.

The fact that that my invoice stated the basic carriage charge was of no importance to Ups, their account stated by courier so they insisted I was liable.

To cut an even longer tale short I did manage to get it sorted out but it took a lot of hassel.

So if the disc arrives early, great but keep an eye out for the Ups envelope's a few days later.

Smiler
Old 08-29-00, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

if they weren't free I would be ticked off majorly. My 4 preorders (one order) have not shipped. Abbott&Costello Meet Frankenstein still says "1 to be released 8/29" while the other 3 say '1 on hand'
Old 08-29-00, 09:08 PM

The spine on my Metal Case is rubbing off where the Terminator 2 logo is. Ugh...since this is a supposed collectors edition this really bugs me. Im sure the DVD itself is fine but im kinda anal. I hope amazon takes it back.

------------------
trae My DVD Collection
Old 08-30-00, 05:49 PM

As a followup to my previous post. I just received my copy of T2 from Amazon and it's the 2 dvd9 version.

[This message has been edited by Nightfly (edited August 30, 2000).]
Old 08-30-00, 11:45 PM

t2 (dvd-18 version), braveheart, and sound of music all shipped monday and arrived from amazon yesterday via ups 1-day. i chose regular shipping.
Old 08-31-00, 05:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Dude, Amazon has impressed me. I had originally preordered American Beauty and T2 together. I had chosen to have them ship together. Yes, I know, I'm stupid. They automatically shipped the T2 anyways, at no extra cost. That f-in rocks!

------------------
Stand up, turn and face me! Believe what you believe. Don't just stand there suffering, talking about your freedom.
Old 09-01-00, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Deftones17:
Dude, Amazon has impressed me. I had originally preordered American Beauty and T2 together. I had chosen to have them ship together. Yes, I know, I'm stupid. They automatically shipped the T2 anyways, at no extra cost. That f-in rocks!

<HR>

That is basically hit and miss. I mistakenly ordered Braveheart with Men In Black. My order says 1 in hand WRT Braveheart but estimated delivery says Sep. 8th to Sep. 14th. Which means they will ship it with MIB and not before.

------------------
MY SHORT BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

"The earth does not belong to people; people belong to the earth. Everything that happens to the earth happens also to the sons and daughters of the earth." -Chief Seattle.
Old 09-01-00, 02:34 AM

Amazon is taking back my T2...and is going to attempt to send me the DVD18 version. Btw, im sending it back because the case is damaged.

------------------
trae My DVD Collection
Old 09-01-00, 03:39 AM
DVD Talk God

quote:<HR>Originally posted by cloud:
That is basically hit and miss. I mistakenly ordered Braveheart with Men In Black. My order says 1 in hand WRT Braveheart but estimated delivery says Sep. 8th to Sep. 14th. Which means they will ship it with MIB and not before.

<HR>

True, but Amazon impressed me even more after what happened to my disc. I got it today, and it was the 2 disc version. The first disc had come off the spindle and got scratched to all high hell. They are sending me another one, 2 day USPS priority mail, and including a return label. That's sweet.

------------------
Stand up, turn and face me! Believe what you believe. Don't just stand there suffering, talking about your freedom.
Old 09-01-00, 04:59 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Deftones17,
Don't get me wrong. I am not criticising or complaining just making an observation.

------------------
MY SHORT BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

"The earth does not belong to people; people belong to the earth. Everything that happens to the earth happens also to the sons and daughters of the earth." -Chief Seattle.
Old 09-01-00, 06:12 AM
DVD Talk God

quote:<HR>Originally posted by cloud:
Deftones17,
Don't get me wrong. I am not criticising or complaining just making an observation.

<HR>

hey man, screw you, ok????

j/k buddy

------------------