Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Columbia House FVT ALERT! or Fluke?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Columbia House FVT ALERT! or Fluke?

Old 08-23-00, 01:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
**** FVT ALERT ****
I recently fulfilled an HMA acct and opened a new FVT acct. This was just after Armageddon was removed as an enrollment selection.
The CSR asked if I wanted to order the 4th and 5th selections for $6.95 and I said "Yes". I ordered 3 Bonds, Apollo 13 and The Thing.
However, only 4 DVDs arrived and only 4 were listed on the receipt. I called to investigate and explained that I ordered 5, but only received 4. I was put on hold, etc, etc then told that this was a better deal because I only had to buy 2 more at $19.95..etc...FVT is only for overseas customers...

I had to ask for a supervisor. The supervisor, Darby, also explained that CH does not have ANY enrollment offer that allows a future commitment of only 1 purchase and that the best offers are all for 2 future purchases, unless you are an overseas customer (Alaska, Hawaii, PR). I explained that this issue was never mentioned when I signed up. In fact, my initial sign up with FVT went flawlessly in less than 5 minutes.
She apologized and offered one more at $6.95 now with 2 more to buy. Unacceptable, I said. Eventually, she offered one at 6.95 now, one credit and 2 more to fulfill. The math works out about the same as the original offer.

I have seen no one else with any problems using FVT. Will then suddenly arise now?? Please post if anything unexpected happens to your enrollment. I was looking forward to only buying one from the $19.95 list with the FVT offer, but now I must choose 2. This was a big pain in the arse. If this was a fluke, why in the hell did I get singled out!?!
This has also been posted under the CH thread.

FVT ALERT or FLUKE?

------------------
would you say I have a plethora?