Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Ever recieved an order twice?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Ever recieved an order twice?

Old 08-20-00, 03:46 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On Tuesday I received Halloween, Halloween 4, and I know what you did last summer / I still know what you did last summer.

....and today I received another copy of I know what you did last summer / I still know what you did last summer.

which stores offer exchange w/o a receipt

Thanks *******!

Jonathan

------------------
Less than 5 bucks a disc, check out the list!
Old 08-20-00, 06:40 AM

You could either take it to Fry's or take that and another dvd and use it at EB to get a new dvd.
Old 08-20-00, 10:57 AM

I once received two copie of the Nightmare on Elm street box set. Told the store, the told me to keep it.

I sold it on an online aution for more than I paid for the first set.

sweet
Old 08-20-00, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I recieved two copies of Twister SE from Reel, 2 days after Reel died. I called and they told me to keep it (I guess cuz of the mess that was going on)..... but I ended up giving it to my parents (since they had just bought a DVD player), cuz that's what kind of good guy I am.
Old 08-20-00, 03:13 PM
Banned

quote:<HR>Originally posted by WildcatLH:
I recieved two copies of Twister SE from Reel, 2 days after Reel died. I called and they told me to keep it (I guess cuz of the mess that was going on)..... but I ended up giving it to my parents (since they had just bought a DVD player), cuz that's what kind of good guy I am. <HR>

Guess I'm not a cool guy. Mine is sitting in my room waiting to be traded or returned somewhere But, my parents don't own a dvd player. My brother does, but he just borrows my dvds. ....I can't bring myself to write the store who sent the dvd twice. I mean it's not my fault. ....and the way I see it: would they contact me if they charged my cc twice? ...I doubt it!

Easiest dvd I've gotten!

Old 08-20-00, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Not that I have tried it myself but you might want to try Suncoast/Sam Goody/Media Play. If you do then ask for a gift cardthat can be used on their online retail sites.

------------------
MY SHORT BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

"The earth does not belong to people; people belong to the earth. Everything that happens to the earth happens also to the sons and daughters of the earth." -Chief Seattle.
Old 08-20-00, 05:44 PM
Banned

quote:<HR>Originally posted by cloud:
Not that I have tried it myself but you might want to try Suncoast/Sam Goody/Media Play. If you do then ask for a gift cardthat can be used on their online retail sites.

<HR>

Media Play is about 5 minutes away. One of the Suncoasts closed down here. But, I believe there is one more in the other mall.
I think I'll first check out both sites and see who has what I want cheapest. It will be free..........I'm still CHEAP

...trying to get the most out of it

------------------
Less than 5 bucks a disc, check out the list!
Old 08-22-00, 06:13 PM

Reel sent me 2 copies of EdTV to replace my defective copy. I called and they supplied the return postage so I mailed it back. I wouldn't feel right if I had not let them know.
Old 08-22-00, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

quote:<HR>Originally posted by WildcatLH:
I recieved two copies of Twister SE from Reel, 2 days after Reel died.<HR>

Same here. I sold mine on eBay.

------------------
DVDjunkie21's DVD List l My Pic
Go Bucs!
Old 08-22-00, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have got the wrong dvd before from an online dealer and they sent an rpl right away. They were suppose to send labels for shipping back the incorrect dvd, but they never showed up. Soooooooo, I called them a second time and said "are you sending the labels?" They said yepp. Still never showed. I'm not calling them a 3rd time. I consider it mine at this point. I still haven't opened it. Maybe in a couple of months.
Old 08-23-00, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I used to order alot from CDNOW (when I had alot of credit)...sometimes as much as 10-20 DVDs a month. Well they recently they started cancelling orders that were over 60 days old, and since I do alot of preordering, quite a few of mine were cancelled. When I called to complain, they told me to simply reorder the DVDs since my credit was returned. Unfortunately, the coupons I used for those orders were gone...I guess if I whined enough I could've probably gotten them reinstated. I ended up just reordering them all from various sites. Well guess what? Their warehouse never got those cancellation requests because I got them anyway -- All of them. We're talking ALOT of DVDs here (over 10) What did I do with them? I'll never tell.

P.S. - I have 3 copies of Sleepy Hollow :-)

[This message has been edited by fantasia (edited August 22, 2000).]
Old 08-23-00, 01:35 AM

Well, Here's a real deal! I ordered a Toshiba SD-3109 from an online retailer at the lowest price tier and with 20% off.

I received 2 for only $215!!!!

Sold the second for $300.

Love that deal!

------------------
would you say I have a plethora?
Old 08-23-00, 01:39 AM
Banned

quote:<HR>Originally posted by fantasia:
I used to order alot from CDNOW (when I had alot of credit)...sometimes as much as 10-20 DVDs a month. Well they recently they started cancelling orders that were over 60 days old, and since I do alot of preordering, quite a few of mine were cancelled. When I called to complain, they told me to simply reorder the DVDs since my credit was returned. Unfortunately, the coupons I used for those orders were gone...I guess if I whined enough I could've probably gotten them reinstated. I ended up just reordering them all from various sites. Well guess what? Their warehouse never got those cancellation requests because I got them anyway -- All of them. We're talking ALOT of DVDs here (over 10) What did I do with them? I'll never tell.

P.S. - I have 3 copies of Sleepy Hollow :-)

[This message has been edited by fantasia (edited August 22, 2000).]
<HR>

I don't understand how anybody could return the extra discs. It's to much of a hassle

Old 08-23-00, 01:41 AM
Banned

quote:<HR>Originally posted by QuanTum:
Well, Here's a real deal! I ordered a Toshiba SD-3109 from an online retailer at the lowest price tier and with 20% off.

I received 2 for only $215!!!!

Sold the second for $300.

Love that deal!

<HR>

You got that $hit right! Damn, what a deal!

...makes we wanna try