Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

How's your netflix going?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

How's your netflix going?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-00, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All in all ,I'm deciding to stay with it for now. Received The Grandfather on Friday, and today received cider house rules, holy smoke, and the boiler room today! With the drought in on-line purchase deals the renting is staying my fix.
Old 08-14-00, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I decided to do it for one month starting on July 20 and I'm going to wind up with 11 movies for $19.95. So better than Blockbuster (much), but I'm still likely to call it quits at the end of the week. Not enough time for that many rentals...
Old 08-14-00, 08:42 PM
Banned

I still have several of my **free dvd rentals from blockbuster that came with the purchase of a dvd player.

Can you rent adult dvds on-line?

Jonathan

------------------
Less than 5 bucks a disc, check out the list!
Old 08-14-00, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 388 Likes on 246 Posts
quote:<HR>Originally posted by bdots48:
All in all ,I'm deciding to stay with it for now. <HR>

I'm just wrapping-up my 2nd month (1 free, 1 pay), and I've only seen 20 titles. Being in Maryland (they ship from California) doesn't help much, but their titles ALWAYS arrive at least a day later than they claim. Even though I turn the DVDs around in 1 day (in tonight, out tomorrow morning), I'm still averaging 12 days for every 4 flix.

I know they don't control the mails, but I *really* wish this was quicker.

-Ken

------------------
The beginnings of my puny little collection

[This message has been edited by kenbuzz (edited August 14, 2000).]
Old 08-14-00, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 388 Likes on 246 Posts
quote:<HR>Originally posted by TdHtXs:
Can you rent adult dvds on-line?
<HR>

Actually, yes you can. When I was trying to decide whether Netflix was a good deal or not, I went to Yahoo and did a search on "Netflix", hoping to find the category Yahoo had filed them under, and to see if there were others listed there as well.

It turns out there are a couple of adult rental outfits listed there. I've not rented from any of them, but a couple of them stand out:

Site - Terms

BlueDVD.com - $3.59 per movie + $0.60 s/h, 7 day max rental (OR $17.99/month + $0.60 s/h per title for unlimited rentals, max 4 out at a time). Ships from WA.

DVDOvernight.com - $3.00 per movie + $3.00 s/h per order (max 5 DVDs per order), 7 day max rental. Add 6% sales tax in PA. Ships from PA.

XRentDVD.com - $3.99 per movie + $2.99 s/h per order (max 4 DVDs per order), 7 day max rental. Ships from CA.

Which one is best? I guess it depends on your viewing habits and their inventory. There are probably other vendors out there, these are just the three that came up at Yahoo.

-Ken

------------------
The beginnings of my puny little collection
Old 08-14-00, 09:28 PM

quote:<HR>Originally posted by kenbuzz:
I'm just wrapping-up my 2nd month (1 free, 1 pay), and I've only seen 20 titles. Being in Maryland (they ship from California) doesn't help much, but their titles ALWAYS arrive at least a day later than they claim. Even though I turn the DVDs around in 1 day (in tonight, out tomorrow morning), I'm still averaging 12 days for every 4 flix.

I know they don't control the mails, but I *really* wish this was quicker.

-Ken
<HR>

Hopefully when they IPO they will have the capitol (and brains) to set up multiple distribution centers, which would solve the problem for you non west-coasters. I had a couple of problems with them not shipping DVD's for more than 24hrs(supposed to be within 4-6) but that seems to have gotten better in the last week. I think they may have worked out the bugs they were having the last month or so...
Old 08-15-00, 02:25 PM

Mine is going great. They are upping my 15.95 rate to 19.95 next month, but it is still the best deal going for DVD rental, with the best selection. Far cheaper than blockbuster, with many films that are impossible to find at any b&m rental store.
Old 08-18-00, 04:56 AM

Still the best deal in any town, but they have stopped shipping as fast as they used to. They used to ship out another title when you clicked "mailed it back" Now they wait until they actually get it back. I'm down 3-4 titles a month with this new policy. Also, they now offer 3 levels of rentals: 4, 6, or 8 titles at a time.
Old 08-18-00, 11:02 AM

I'm surprised that people are having east coast delivery problems with NetFlix; I live in NJ, and always get my movies from them one day before they're scheduled to arrive.

While the cost works out well, I really stay with them (3 months now) for the selection. There's not much in the DVD stores by me, and NetFlix has just about everything.

------------------
GreggBert
Old 08-20-00, 04:56 PM

Has any one noticed that Netflix has pushed back the release dates of several new releases that I think have *not* been delayed? For example, Ghost Dog shows a release date of 8/22, but didn't this get released last week? Other examples: Netflix shows a release date of 8/29 for Beyond the Mat, Simpatico, and Supernova, all of which should be released *this* week as far as I can tell.
Old 08-21-00, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I am such a sucker! I rent in waves - one month 12, the next 4.

I plan to rent this last wave of August releases and call it quits in September.

Netflix a great idea, but I am too busy to make it worth all the money that I can use elsewhere (namely on a couple more DVD purchases).
Old 08-22-00, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 426 Likes on 301 Posts
The odd thing is Netflix did at one time have at least one distribution center on the East Coast, up the road from me in Wouburn, MA. I don't know if it was a warehouse or a drop point but I got stuff so qucik then. Of course that was back in the day before unlimited rentals so I couldn't take advantage... I'll stay with them for the short run way better than lurking the isles of BB for a title in stock and scarmbeling to get it back in time to avoid late fees. Als excelent for titles like sex in the city which is sevral hours of stuff. Try to watch that in two nights
Old 08-22-00, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
quote:<HR>Originally posted by jpcamb:
The odd thing is Netflix did at one time have at least one distribution center on the East Coast, up the road from me in Wouburn, MA. I don't know if it was a warehouse or a drop point but I got stuff so qucik then. Of course that was back in the day before unlimited rentals so I couldn't take advantage... I'll stay with them for the short run way better than lurking the isles of BB for a title in stock and scarmbeling to get it back in time to avoid late fees. Als excelent for titles like sex in the city which is sevral hours of stuff. Try to watch that in two nights <HR>

I also used to get my DVDs shipped from the same city I live in. Not sure what happened?