Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

A thought on buy.com's variable shipping

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

A thought on buy.com's variable shipping

Old 08-19-00, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is just a humble thought on buy.com's shipping and why some (like myself) are happy with their orders and some seem to always find themselves waiting.

Buy ships from multiple warehouses across the country, and while one may be able to fill orders quickly, there may be one out there that's not nearly as good. Are orders for the same title going out to multiple places for fufillment and one is able to quickly get the title while one isn't?

As for their customer service in terms of email response, etc, I never had to deal with them and it may not be so good, I don't know. But this was just a thought on why some people seem to get a specific title who may have just ordered it the day before while someone who pre-ordered it a month ago has to wait on their order.

Again, just a thought. It's 6am on a Saturday, so it may be a little bit messy, but it's just a thought I had.
Old 08-19-00, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
There's a hub in California, which is close to my home state in AZ. It only takes 2 days for the package to get to me.

As for customer service, their's is a nightmare. I've emailed them 3 times to cancel an order and it has yet to be cancelled or even ackowledged.

------------------
Stand up, turn and face me! Believe what you believe. Don't just stand there suffering, talking about your freedom.
Old 08-19-00, 03:22 PM

I'm currently in NC and buy.com's shipments take two days to get to me regardless of which location (warehouse) it is shipped from. Of course, I always use their USPS shipping option which now offers tracking.

[This message has been edited by HappyFunBall (edited August 19, 2000).]
Old 08-19-00, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i found out that buy.com has a shipping hub in NJ now so i get my stuff in 1 day

capt