Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

After reading all the negative Buy.com posts...

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

After reading all the negative Buy.com posts...

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-00, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I still used the $30 off $150 there. I have had good luck with them to this point and will just have to cross my fingers. Express and Amazon are just too expensive now. Including the $30 coupon I spent $50 less than the same DVDs would have cost me at Express. I just have to hope for the best. The Reel.com change over was a pain, but Buy.com has sent everything they were supposed to and honored my coupons and GCs.

------------------
"Know wha I mean, know wha I mean. A nods as good as a wink."
DVD Laserdisc
Old 08-17-00, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I've bought so many times from buy.com I can't count. I'm sure it's well over 100 DVDs. And through it all, I've had almost no problems. I once received the wrong DVD (around Christmas '99) and had it replaced with in a month. Only once did I have to wait longer than what they mentioned on their site (Raging Bull, also Christmas '99), and I've gotten great deals. I even got two Goldfingers from them, when I accidently thought the mail lost the first copy (it didn't, my copy came quick but was misplaced before I came home). I realize a company will have screw-ups, and the reel.com process was difficult, but what can you expect.

Now if they could only program coupons

------------------
I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Old 08-17-00, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had my first problem with them this week with preorders.....I will still buy from them as long as they continue to offer coupons and low prices!!!!
Old 08-17-00, 04:24 AM

I had one serious problem regarding a short shipment of Howard's End a year ago, which was positively resolved after much complaint.
Since then, they have performed like champions, including the transfer of 6 Reel.com orders consisting almost entirely of pre-orders. When prices were wrong, they were promptly fixed. I'm truly shocked by those who have had serious problems.

I am a Buy.com fan.

------------------
Do you see what a can of worms this portal is? I don't think I can go on living my life as I have lived it.
Old 08-17-00, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

--crossing fingers--
No problems with my buy.com purchases yet. I just placed my first pre-orders with them so I'm interested to see how close they come to the DVD release date on the titles.

No complaints thus far.
Old 08-17-00, 06:25 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by indianajdp:
[B] I'm interested to see how close they come to the DVD release date on the titles.

Mine almost always arrive before Magic Tuesday, usually the Saturday before. Nashville, Cider House Rules and Erin Brockovich all arrived last Saturday. Hope things go as well for you.

------------------
Do you see what a can of worms this portal is? I don't think I can go on living my life as I have lived it.
Old 08-17-00, 06:32 PM

I've never had a problem with buying from BUY. I've always received on time orders with the correct order in the box and no damage.

I will say that 25% of my BUY business has been DVD's and the other 75% has been hardware. For DVD's, I stick with the other guys, for the most part (ex-REEL, Amazon, Bigstar and Columbia House-FVT).
Old 08-17-00, 07:58 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Buy.com has the LOWEST prices (6.99 VHS movies that go for $13.99 on Amazon) and are FAST on shipping. My only beef is the %40 of $500 process....
Old 08-18-00, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I too have had nothing but great results my dozens of orders with Buy. In fact, in my last experience they gave me TOO MUCH of a good thing! I used the $10 off $30 and $6.50 in old credit. When the order went through I realized that my CC had expired. So I called the CS in order cancel that order and use the coupon and credit on a repeat order. Not only did they merrily credit me with $16.50 on a new order, BUT they credited me with an extra $10 today to make up for this "mistake" and the hassel it caused this valuable customer. Huh? Wait a minute. It was my mistake, not theirs!!! Wow. Here's hoping there are more of these "mistakes" in the future.
Old 08-18-00, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have a couple of buy problems.

Pet Shop Boys: Somewhere in Concert came 1-month after the street date.

Jaws arrived a week late

Planet Of The Apes set went on back order and they havent sent mine yet

~~i hope all the limited edition tins i ordered come through okay.

------------------
"I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS!!!" -- Better Off Dead

In the beginning...there was ATARI!
My ever Increasing DVD list
My massive ADULT DVDS!!!
12 INCHES of LOOOOOOOVE!!!