Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

BestBuy.com Nightmares

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

BestBuy.com Nightmares

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-00, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I placed my Pre-order for "Supergirl" LE at BestBuy.com on 7/14/2000. I used the $20 new customer gift cert. I checked on the status of my order on 7/25/2000. My order had been canceled. I emailed BestBuy and received the following reply:

We apologize for the inconvenience, but an error occurred on your order so
our warehouse could not get it out to you. We have canceled this order to
restore your gift certificate to it's
full value. If you would still like to order the movie, please place another
order for it, or if you would like for us to place the order for you, call
us at 1-888-BESTBUY.

I then placed the order again that day. On 8/10/200 I checked the status of my order and it said it was on back order. I had trouble believing that BestBUy would not receive enough copies of this DVD to fulfill their pre-orders. especially since both Buy.com and Amazon.com had the DVD in stock. I called customer service. After being told that they had some in stock I asked to be transferred to a supervisor. He also told me there had the DVD in stock and would work to get this cleared up. He told me they would look into it and give me a call or email within 48 hours.

When I checked my email on 8/11/2000 I received the following from BestBuy:

We got word that you were concerned about the length of time it is taking
for your order to arrive. This item is a special edition and is available in
limited quantities. We apologize that it is taking a while to get to you,
but it should be sent out soon.

I then checked the status of my order and it was canceled! I called BestBuy.com they told me that my order was canceled because my credit card declined. I know I had enough to cover the DVD. She told me they authorize the total amount of the order without applying the gift certificate, a $20 difference! I asked to speak to the same supervisor I had spoke to the day before. He was not in the office yet. I told he I would call back.

I called agin on 8/11/2000 and asked to speak to the same supervisor I had spoke with on 8/10/2000. He told me that I would have to place the order again and start the process all over. I then asked to speak to a manager. The first thing she say when she get on the phone is that the "Supergirl" LE DVD has been delayed. I told her I knew that not to be true because I know people who have received their DVDs. She placed me on hold to "research". While on hold I confirmed the release at Anchorbay's website and also confirmed they both Amazon.com & Buy.com were shipping the DVD. When she came back to the phone she then told me it was on back order. I told here that I was told less than 24hrs ago that they had them in stock and my order was being held up by a computer problem. She then told me that I would have to place the order and be at the back of a waiting list. I then asked her if they were out of stock why was my credit card authorized, if not to send my DVD. After explaining to her how unhappy I was with the service I placed the order again and gave her the order number. She told me she would try to expedite the process but could promise nothing. I expressed my lack of faith in her and her company. She then offered me free shipping on a DVD that already has free shipping that I should have had on 8/8/2000! I told her the shipping was already free, she said then all she could do was try to get it out as soon as possible. As of now my order is still "In Process" at the BestBuy.com website. Which I have learned means nothing.

------------------
May it ever be so humble

[This message has been edited by rickwalz (edited August 11, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by rickwalz (edited August 11, 2000).]
Old 08-12-00, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Hell, for some reason I can not get the website to beleive that my home address is a real place. All I want is a movie!
Old 08-12-00, 12:55 PM

I'm I the only one who never received their sign up GC and Substitute/Substitute3 screw-up GC?
Old 08-12-00, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You want a nightmare? I made a purchase and the same thing happened to me with the cancellation and all. I lost my gift certificates since they would not put it back to my account and said they would "investigate". My credit card bill comes and I was assessed the charge anyway. Very curious since this is the same credit card that was declined. Needless to say I called my credit card company for a dispute and they said "no worries taken care of." My advice is to check your credit card.
Old 08-12-00, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I feel fortunate since I did receive my $20 GC even though I waited awhile and they shipped my movie which I ordered fairly quickly!!!