Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

The complaining about Amazon thread

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

The complaining about Amazon thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-19, 09:37 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler
That happens when Amazon cannot locate an item in their warehouse. They pulled from an FBA-stocked unit. In very rare cases, they will generate an order from a "Fulfilled by Merchant" product.
I wish they'd do that with my Doctor Who...
Old 01-29-19, 06:13 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Finally shipped today, January 29th, I'm supposed to have it tomorrow. Hopefully, the case won't be cracked this time...
Old 01-29-19, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 551 Likes on 343 Posts

Had three CDs delivered today and only two of the three jewel cases were shattered. Amazon is improving.
Old 01-30-19, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by stvn1974
Had three CDs delivered today and only two of the three jewel cases were shattered. Amazon is improving.
Old 01-30-19, 10:59 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kd5
Finally shipped today, January 29th, I'm supposed to have it tomorrow. Hopefully, the case won't be cracked this time...
Well, it arrived today, no cracks in the case, and it actually came with a slipcover this time! I'm well pleased, even if I did have to wait a month and a half for it, I'm no longer complaining about Amazon...
Old 01-31-19, 05:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by kd5
Well, it arrived today, no cracks in the case, and it actually came with a slipcover this time! I'm well pleased, even if I did have to wait a month and a half for it, I'm no longer complaining about Amazon...
Your last version was probably one that had been sitting on the shelf for a while in the warehouse, while this one (as evidenced from the fact you had to wait on it) was brand-new stock that just arrived.
Old 02-01-19, 01:32 PM

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,131 Posts

Not a complaint, just a weird thing. Ordered a Prime item on Monday, but it won't arrive until next Monday. Not in a big rush for it, so it's fine. But I got a notice today that delivery will be delayed because of the weather. Makes sense, I didn't leave the house for at least 48 hours this week. But that struck me as weird since it won't get here until Monday, anyway. I look up my order. Shipped Tuesday, arrived at a local facility Wednesday, but still "may be late." The weather has calmed down and it's one step from being "out for delivery." Maybe they're backed up, I don't know, but it's weird.
Old 02-04-19, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know what the deal is with pre-orders now? I added two CDs to my cart (to be released this coming Friday, 2/8). Since we're still quite a few days out, I assumed they'd be delivered to me on release date, but in checkout it shows the delivery date as Tuesday for Prime or Monday for paid one-day shipping. Pretty annoying.
Old 02-04-19, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I am Prime and placed an order at 9 am today but it shows as being delivered on Thursday. So much for two day delivery.
Old 02-04-19, 08:46 PM
Banned

I am Prime and placed an order at 9 am today but it shows as being delivered on Thursday. So much for two day delivery.
They're doing that a lot lately. Seems it's only 2-day if it's in a warehouse close to you or some shit.
Old 02-11-19, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Amazon stopped caring about CD customers 3-4 years ago. After wiping out other CD retailers on the net, they just don't care.

It amazes me that Amazon never designed a custom package to ship their CDs in.
Old 02-11-19, 07:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Amazon stopped caring about CD customers 3-4 years ago. After wiping out other CD retailers on the net, they just don't care.

I'd say most people stopped caring about CDs, not just Amazon. :P
Old 02-12-19, 12:23 PM

I've received CDs in CD-sized, easy-open cardboard mailers so they do have appropriate packaging for them, they just choose not to use it very often. They're designed similarly to their vinyl packaging.

Side rant:

I placed an order for a Christmas album on vinyl in December. There was a hairline scratch covering the last two tracks on side A that caused a popping noise when played. I requested a replacement and was told the item was out of stock with no restock date available. I used the chat option with customer service (since apparently email isn't an option anymore on Amazon ).

I asked if there was a way to extend my return window and send it back when they had a restock date - it was the holiday season and the other 12 tracks on the album played without issue. The CS rep told me that there was no issue and that I wouldn't even have to worry about sending back the damaged copy I received.

Finally I got my replacement in mid-January and I thought the transaction was done. Well, last week I got an e-mail reminding me to return my damaged vinyl to avoid being charged for the replacement they sent me. Luckily I held on to the damaged one (although it's packed away with my other Christmas vinyl, CDs and DVDs/BR), since I was told I wouldn't have to send it back and there was no estimated restock date for the replacement at the time. Confused and frustrated, I went to print out a return label for the damaged item and I get an error message saying "You've already requested a return for this item".

After trying different ways to access this return label I finally gave in and contacted Amazon once again via their oh-so-wonderful chat feature (), asking why I was even asked to return the damaged item when I was told a month and a half ago that I wouldn't need to. All the guy said was that he had taken care of it and that I wouldn't have to return the damaged vinyl after all. I wasn't buying it this time so I asked why I got an e-mail reminding me to return it and he gave me some BS excuse about the previous CS rep not making note of that. Not sure if he went back and saw my chat history or what the deal was, but it looks like I'll have to keep an eye out in hopes that I don't actually get charged. Seems sketchy to me.
Old 02-12-19, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I placed two separate orders five days ago, one was 8 cases of cat food and the other for 3 CDs. They shipped one of the CDs with the 8 cases of catfood in an oversized box so naturally the case was only held together by the plastic wrap. Also the other two CDs haven't shipped yet. Once again Prime is useless.
Old 02-13-19, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,302 Likes on 946 Posts

Once again Prime is useless.
Stop paying for it. Unless you just do it to complain about it.
Old 02-13-19, 04:43 PM

I placed two separate orders five days ago, one was 8 cases of cat food and the other for 3 CDs. They shipped one of the CDs with the 8 cases of catfood in an oversized box so naturally the case was only held together by the plastic wrap. Also the other two CDs haven't shipped yet. Once again Prime is useless.
Have you tried complaining to customer service? You get the same outcome as you would requesting a return but at least you have the issues on record. The more they are held accountable the more likely they are to do something. Then again, I would have just placed a separate order for the CDs since nonsense packaging practices is nothing new with Amazon.
Old 02-13-19, 05:34 PM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by TomOpus
Stop paying for it. Unless you just do it to complain about it.
This is almost 100% the correct thread for his comment. Yours on the other hand...
Old 02-13-19, 05:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rjh_54
Have you tried complaining to customer service? You get the same outcome as you would requesting a return but at least you have the issues on record. The more they are held accountable the more likely they are to do something. Then again, I would have just placed a separate order for the CDs since nonsense packaging practices is nothing new with Amazon.
He DID make the CDs a separate order! They combined the shipping anyway. Read much?
Old 02-14-19, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by rjh_54
I placed an order for a Christmas album on vinyl in December. There was a hairline scratch covering the last two tracks on side A that caused a popping noise when played. I requested a replacement and was told the item was out of stock with no restock date available. I used the chat option with customer service (since apparently email isn't an option anymore on Amazon ).

I asked if there was a way to extend my return window and send it back when they had a restock date - it was the holiday season and the other 12 tracks on the album played without issue. The CS rep told me that there was no issue and that I wouldn't even have to worry about sending back the damaged copy I received.

Finally I got my replacement in mid-January and I thought the transaction was done. Well, last week I got an e-mail reminding me to return my damaged vinyl to avoid being charged for the replacement they sent me. Luckily I held on to the damaged one (although it's packed away with my other Christmas vinyl, CDs and DVDs/BR), since I was told I wouldn't have to send it back and there was no estimated restock date for the replacement at the time. Confused and frustrated, I went to print out a return label for the damaged item and I get an error message saying "You've already requested a return for this item".

After trying different ways to access this return label I finally gave in and contacted Amazon once again via their oh-so-wonderful chat feature (), asking why I was even asked to return the damaged item when I was told a month and a half ago that I wouldn't need to. All the guy said was that he had taken care of it and that I wouldn't have to return the damaged vinyl after all. I wasn't buying it this time so I asked why I got an e-mail reminding me to return it and he gave me some BS excuse about the previous CS rep not making note of that. Not sure if he went back and saw my chat history or what the deal was, but it looks like I'll have to keep an eye out in hopes that I don't actually get charged. Seems sketchy to me.
I've seen this complaint about Amazon fairly often before. A CS rep will say keep the damaged item, only for their automated system to shoot out an email about shipping it back. It's never happened to me, but Amazon almost always makes me return the actual item.

Old 02-14-19, 08:51 AM
Banned

I've seen this complaint about Amazon fairly often before. A CS rep will say keep the damaged item, only for their automated system to shoot out an email about shipping it back. It's never happened to me, but Amazon almost always makes me return the actual item.
Amazon France pulled that shit and cleared it when I bitched that I already tossed the item. Return shipping would've costed more than the damaged item (blu-ray), so it made zero sense for them to want it back.
Old 02-15-19, 12:52 PM
Banned

What the fuck. Now Amazon is demanding a new payment method for a $20 PSN card. There is nothing wrong with this card. I've been ordering on it all fucking week. Every time I try to buy a fucking PSN/Xbox card, they fuck with me. This is the last time. I need to find a better place to buy digital codes. I can't even cancel this fucking order.

Edit: Wow. It wasn't Amazon this time. Fucking Bank of America red flagged my shit and started blocking everything without bothering to call me. I've only placed a few sub $20 order the past couple days. Fucking assholes.

Last edited by Viper187; 02-15-19 at 01:16 PM.
Old 02-20-19, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Has anyone ever seen a product listed as an Amazon Prime item that wasn't shipping directly from Amazon?

I was looking at a collector statue and was about to pay a few dollars more to buy it from an Amazon fulfillment seller because the listing had the Prime logo next to it. I figured it would save me the potential headache if there was a quality issue and I needed to return it. I got to the checkout screen and noticed there was no option to select Two-Day shipping and no mention of Amazon Fulfillment. It appears this statue ships directly from the seller, despite still showing as Prime eligible on the product page.
Old 02-20-19, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts

Originally Posted by joe_b
Has anyone ever seen a product listed as an Amazon Prime item that wasn't shipping directly from Amazon?

I was looking at a collector statue and was about to pay a few dollars more to buy it from an Amazon fulfillment seller because the listing had the Prime logo next to it. I figured it would save me the potential headache if there was a quality issue and I needed to return it. I got to the checkout screen and noticed there was no option to select Two-Day shipping and no mention of Amazon Fulfillment. It appears this statue ships directly from the seller, despite still showing as Prime eligible on the product page.
I've seen that before, but usually there's another listing that has Prime shipping, though that listing may be out of stock.
Old 02-20-19, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

^ It's weird, because I don't think there was ever another listing from this seller. I've checked the product page almost daily for about a month and that particular "Prime" listing popped up last week showing just one in stock. Nothing appears to have changed since then. Maybe it's a glitch.
Old 02-20-19, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have seven CDs due on Friday from amazon so I went ahead a picked up some extra jewel cases from Staples today.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.