Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

The complaining about Amazon thread

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

The complaining about Amazon thread

Old 02-12-22, 10:27 AM
  #1801  
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 42,963
Received 300 Likes on 212 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

Went to get the amazon-exclusive of the new Spoon album, and they have it in stock, but Prime delivery for it is in 12 days? What the fuck is this shit? And they're increasing the cost of Prime? WTF?
This is something they have in stock, why is Prime delivery, which should be 2 to 3 days, going to take almost two weeks? I nded up getting it from the record label and I should have in 3 to 5 days.
Old 02-12-22, 12:32 PM
  #1802  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
BobO'Link's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 9,107
Received 201 Likes on 170 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

I currently have 4 lost packages - where an Amazon "carrier" is involved. I'm at a point where I see a vague "carrier" is involved and automatically assume there will be issues. Things worked better when Amazon's "carriers" were not involved - just give it to UPS or USPS and let them do it. At least with them you have tracking that can actually be followed.
The following 2 users liked this post by BobO'Link:
DiggityDawg (03-23-22), Norm de Plume (02-12-22)
Old 02-22-22, 03:08 PM
  #1803  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 4,780
Received 136 Likes on 119 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

Originally Posted by BobO'Link View Post
I currently have 4 lost packages - where an Amazon "carrier" is involved. I'm at a point where I see a vague "carrier" is involved and automatically assume there will be issues. Things worked better when Amazon's "carriers" were not involved - just give it to UPS or USPS and let them do it. At least with them you have tracking that can actually be followed.
I have two problem packages with Amazon, and both involve UPS. I had a pre-order for today, and to my surprise I got a shipping notice saying I would get it today via UPS. However, the Amazon site says there's a "delivery appointment scheduled" and UPS doesn't recognize the tracking number provided. My second package was part of the Buy 2 Get One Free. I got the first two right away. The third was sent by UPS Surepost (where they hand it off to the USPS) and was due Friday. Amazon says they gave the package to UPS but UPS says the label has been printed and they're awaiting the package. I'm afraid if they give me a refund, it will screw up the deal and I'll be paying more for the other two items.
Old 02-22-22, 07:44 PM
  #1804  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Norm de Plume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Toronto
Posts: 19,513
Received 750 Likes on 530 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

Has anyone here ever been banned as a buyer? I have not. I'm just curious.
Old 02-22-22, 07:45 PM
  #1805  
DVD Talk Legend
 
JeffTheAlpaca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 18,394
Received 311 Likes on 265 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

Usually I don't have any problems but twice in the last 3 weeks I got my packages delivered and the person put the packages in the weeds and grass

Is it that hard to put them near the front door or the mailbox?


That person went out of their way to do it and it is a nice neighborhood with big houses and maybe jealous or ticked off?

I emailed customer service and not going to put up with that shit.

I will probably reorder the Three Amigos blu-ray since that person does not respect that golden trio of comedy,
Old 02-22-22, 07:46 PM
  #1806  
DVD Talk Legend
 
JeffTheAlpaca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 18,394
Received 311 Likes on 265 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

Originally Posted by Norm de Plume View Post
Has anyone here ever been banned as a buyer? I have not. I'm just curious.

I think if you are constantly returning a lot of items they will ban you
Old 02-22-22, 08:05 PM
  #1807  
DVD Talk Legend
 
andicus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 10,490
Received 458 Likes on 348 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca View Post
Usually I don't have any problems but twice in the last 3 weeks I got my packages delivered and the person put the packages in the weeds and grass

Is it that hard to put them near the front door or the mailbox?


That person went out of their way to do it and it is a nice neighborhood with big houses and maybe jealous or ticked off?

I emailed customer service and not going to put up with that shit.

I will probably reorder the Three Amigos blu-ray since that person does not respect that golden trio of comedy,
​​​​​​​Amazon does not give a shit. I googled to see if it was worth my time to complain about a delivery I had, but the consensus was that they just don't care.

If the forum allowed video uploading, I'd drop the delivery clip, here. Basically, the douchebag walked about 12 feet from his delivery van, and threw the package the additional 15 or 20 ft into my garden.

The topper was the delivery was listed as 'Package was handed to resident.'
Old 02-22-22, 10:21 PM
  #1808  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 6,957
Received 519 Likes on 418 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

Originally Posted by andicus View Post
​​​​​​​Amazon does not give a shit. I googled to see if it was worth my time to complain about a delivery I had, but the consensus was that they just don't care.

If the forum allowed video uploading, I'd drop the delivery clip, here. Basically, the douchebag walked about 12 feet from his delivery van, and threw the package the additional 15 or 20 ft into my garden.

The topper was the delivery was listed as 'Package was handed to resident.'
This is truly one of the reasons why I prefer to shop locally. Mangled packages, stolen packages, porch pirates, unknown and unexpected delays, security issues, et al. Amazon doesn't give a shit, and they know most customers won't complain, even if it's a legitimate complaint, as you obviously have. And, if you do complain, they'll probably send you a canned reply about it not being their fault since they're not responsible for carrier / shipment damage, so take it up with the carrier instead...

Amazon may as well ban me, for I pretty much blackballed myself voluntarily from the site. Its only good feature is it serves as a good "research" site when you're shopping around for and / or comparing items to purchase. Even then, Amazon eliminated user-comments on reviews, so that's a lot less useful now because customers can't add information and / or call out as bullshit what some obviously shill reviewers have posted.
Old 02-23-22, 12:43 PM
  #1809  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
stvn1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 5,556
Received 114 Likes on 77 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

Originally Posted by Norm de Plume View Post
Has anyone here ever been banned as a buyer? I have not. I'm just curious.
I returned several copies of the extended LOTR box sets because I kept getting duplicate discs and they banned me. I just opened up a new account with a different email address and used a different credit card and they haven't caught on yet. The new account has been open for several years now.
The following users liked this post:
Norm de Plume (02-23-22)
Old 02-23-22, 07:27 PM
  #1810  
DVD Talk Legend
 
JeffTheAlpaca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 18,394
Received 311 Likes on 265 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

I used the Amazon chat and told them about the guy who threw the packages into the weeds and they said they will take note of it and investigate it

I also rated the delivery as bad and unprofessional and hope they can link those comments to the driver and fire him and all the bad guys we talked about in this thread.

These are Amazon drivers and not UPS or USPS who took over the delivery.

I got one package today and it was opened which was a first for me
The following users liked this post:
Norm de Plume (02-23-22)
Old 02-23-22, 11:08 PM
  #1811  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 1,809
Received 246 Likes on 135 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

Originally Posted by Norm de Plume View Post
Has anyone here ever been banned as a buyer? I have not. I'm just curious.
Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca View Post
I think if you are constantly returning a lot of items they will ban you
For some reason, I remember this old thread started by nickdawgy from 9-10 years ago:
https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk...hammer-me.html
The following users liked this post:
Norm de Plume (02-24-22)
Old 02-23-22, 11:15 PM
  #1812  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 6,957
Received 519 Likes on 418 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

Originally Posted by stvn1974 View Post
I returned several copies of the extended LOTR box sets because I kept getting duplicate discs and they banned me. I just opened up a new account with a different email address and used a different credit card and they haven't caught on yet. The new account has been open for several years now.
I'm sure you got lucky. Surely, their current AI algorithm would have "caught" you by now. That the Amazon cops are vigilant bastards, I've no doubt.

I once got a "warning" canned e-mail from them because I had returned three books (contained in one order), all of which had sustained heavy damage during shipment. The books were not inexpensive. The packaging was an insult, and all of the books were received in a mangled condition, with bent corners, scratched covers, and bent pages, all supposedly sold as "New" items. So, after that unfair canned e-mail, warning of a ban "for abuse of return privileges" I quit buying books on Amazon. Problem solved. If Amazon thought of me as too much of a "devil" customer because I very rightly returned three damaged books, then they don't deserve any more of my cash. Problem solved.

Last edited by zyzzle; 02-23-22 at 11:20 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Norm de Plume (02-24-22)
Old 02-26-22, 12:11 PM
  #1813  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
stvn1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 5,556
Received 114 Likes on 77 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

Oh look, my third straight amazon order isn't going to be delivered on time.
Old 02-27-22, 09:53 AM
  #1814  
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 42,963
Received 300 Likes on 212 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

Talking to someone at amazon in useless - they once shipped a big heavy book to me, packaged with one of those air-pouches, on top of the book, in a way too small box with no other padding - suffice to say that the book was all fucked up when I got it - they excepted the exchange, but I made sure to point out that was due to their poor packaging, and to make sure the package the replacement better - the assured me that they would. They didn't. The replacement arrived packaged the same, and all beat up again. Returned it for a refund because another exchange would go the same. They don't listen, they don't care. It costs them to much to do so.
Old 02-28-22, 08:02 AM
  #1815  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 6,957
Received 519 Likes on 418 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
They don't listen, they don't care. It costs them to much to do so.
And that, my friend, is the current Amazon in a nutshell. Fuck 'em. May Bezos rot in the effluvia of his festering, toxic greed.
The following users liked this post:
Norm de Plume (02-28-22)
Old 03-09-22, 03:40 PM
  #1816  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Galt's Gulch
Posts: 3,668
Received 280 Likes on 203 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca View Post
I used the Amazon chat and told them about the guy who threw the packages into the weeds and they said they will take note of it and investigate it

I also rated the delivery as bad and unprofessional and hope they can link those comments to the driver and fire him and all the bad guys we talked about in this thread.

These are Amazon drivers and not UPS or USPS who took over the delivery.

I got one package today and it was opened which was a first for me
Aren't all Amazon drivers still subcontractors? So Amazon really has no control (by design) over them.
Old 03-11-22, 02:44 PM
  #1817  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
BobO'Link's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 9,107
Received 201 Likes on 170 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
Aren't all Amazon drivers still subcontractors? So Amazon really has no control (by design) over them.
I'd think if they get enough complaints they'd just cancel the contract with that driver.
Old 03-17-22, 11:11 AM
  #1818  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 648
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

Compared to others, I've had minimal issues however, it seems more lately when I add something to my cart it indicates a delivery date (well, expected delivery anyway). After checking out and sometimes within a few minutes I'll check the order, OK I guess I'm a bit OCD, it shows a later delivery day. Tuesday I added two items to my cart. One showed Thursday delivery and one Friday. OK, not a problem I can wait one day but both on Thursday would have been nice. Nope, both Friday by 10 PM. As of right now neither have been shipped. I do admit, my last order was delivered by USPS, a sub $10 item, on a Sunday when ordered on Friday.
Old 03-19-22, 01:41 AM
  #1819  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Somewhere in the boonies, MA
Posts: 9,748
Received 321 Likes on 249 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

I have a permanent access code setup so the Amazon drivers can leave my packages inside my building. It’s easy stuff, they just need to punch in the 4 digit code, that’s it. They never do. Had my stuff stolen a few times over the years
Old 03-19-22, 09:21 AM
  #1820  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 648
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

Originally Posted by rduncan View Post
Compared to others, I've had minimal issues however, it seems more lately when I add something to my cart it indicates a delivery date (well, expected delivery anyway). After checking out and sometimes within a few minutes I'll check the order, OK I guess I'm a bit OCD, it shows a later delivery day. Tuesday I added two items to my cart. One showed Thursday delivery and one Friday. OK, not a problem I can wait one day but both on Thursday would have been nice. Nope, both Friday by 10 PM. As of right now neither have been shipped. I do admit, my last order was delivered by USPS, a sub $10 item, on a Sunday when ordered on Friday.
AND it was delivered mid-afternoon.....to my neighbor! I heard the Amazon delivery truck and noticed it left. i went outside and nothing. Saw a message from Amazon indicating it was delivered. Picture not my front door so looked at neighbors. yep, on neighbors porch. I did ring their doorbell, and let them know I was there to retrieve my package. I decided to let them know when I saw their Ring doorbell. I guess they do work!
Old 03-20-22, 07:08 PM
  #1821  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
stvn1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 5,556
Received 114 Likes on 77 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

Just had a package delivered by amazon to a residence 45 minutes away. Stupid automated chat said if it doesn't arrive tomorrow I can get a refund or replacement.
Old 03-22-22, 11:37 AM
  #1822  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
stvn1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 5,556
Received 114 Likes on 77 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

Surprise, surprise. Another late package. Was supposed to be delivered today by the USPS but it wasn't with today's mail. Guess it is time to cancel Prime again and shop elsewhere.
Old 03-28-22, 09:07 AM
  #1823  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Galt's Gulch
Posts: 3,668
Received 280 Likes on 203 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

Originally Posted by BobO'Link View Post
I'd think if they get enough complaints they'd just cancel the contract with that driver.
Amazon hires independent companies to handle deliveries. Those companies are the ones that employ the drivers and make hiring/firing decisions. All those Amazon branded Mercedes vans you see driving around are owned by the other companies. So at the end of the day, its not up to Amazon whos delivering packages.
Old 04-18-22, 03:40 PM
  #1824  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 1,476
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

In March I ordered a $400 steering wheel for the PS5 to play Gran Turismo (with $350 in gift cards I had saved). I ordered a new one, and Amazon shipped me a used one from their Amazon Warehouse inventory instead. It had huge scrapes and gouges all over the top and was generally beat to hell.

I immediately started a return and replace. Amazon says they can't get me another until the end of May. Whatever.

I sent the used one back and it was delivered to Amazon April 7 per UPS. It's now been 11 days and they have not yet indicated in any way they received my return. I'm not sure what their time frame on returns are now (I remember them being faster last time) but I am really nervous they'll fuck this up somehow and I'll end up getting charged in full for the replacement due to "not returning the original item".
Old 04-18-22, 03:51 PM
  #1825  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Triangle, NC, USA
Posts: 9,261
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

This may not really help you, but I returned something via Kohl's drop off between 3 and 4 weeks ago, and I just received confirmation that they got it and processed the return a couple days ago. (They were able to send me a replacement when I submitted the return.)
So maybe between shipping and return processing, they're just backed up. Good luck with yours!

It's not 100% up to Amazon who does their deliveries, but I think an argument can be made that they are partially responsible for the behavior of their subcontractors. They "should" require certain standards of their subcontractors because even if they're not Amazon, they are representing and working on behalf of Amazon. Amazon's the big name/big pockets if something goes bad.

I do think they're "too big to care", really.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.