Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

The complaining about Amazon thread

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

The complaining about Amazon thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-21, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

Originally Posted by The Cow
Only US Mail is allowed in a mailbox. Amazon folks should NOT be putting packages in there.
Yes, it is illegal to leave things in a mailbox if you're not a postman. So UPS, FedEx, and Amazon's "gig" couriers can't leave things in your mailbox. You also can't walk up to someone's house and leave a birthday card in their mailbox.
Old 02-17-21, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 899 Likes on 723 Posts

Hey, is it also "illegal" to drop off things in a mail slot (eg, built into the front door) if you're not a postman?? As in, you don't have a traditional mail box. In the stupid and foolish things dept, WHY THE HELL DOES IT MATTER??
Old 02-17-21, 09:31 PM
Premium Member

Received 700 Likes on 466 Posts

Mail slots in residential doors are not covered under postal policy or the statute, because they provide direct access into the home itself.
Old 02-21-21, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Yes, it is illegal to leave things in a mailbox if you're not a postman. So UPS, FedEx, and Amazon's "gig" couriers can't leave things in your mailbox. You also can't walk up to someone's house and leave a birthday card in their mailbox.
Anything that is left by someone else for delivery can be picked a mail carrier and required postage be paid for its return.
Old 02-22-21, 10:04 AM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Not really a complaint but I ordered three items from Amazon late last week. Two showed Sunday delivery and one on Monday (today). I was given the option to have them all show up Today so i selected that. Nope, two items, in separate packages, showed up via USPs Sunday afternoon. I felt like a celebrity having my own personal Mail truck deliver my goodies! I have to admit this may have been the first time I've had delivery on a Sunday.
Old 02-23-21, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 350 Likes on 269 Posts

No complaints from me this time:

Ordered three items on Sunday, Feb 21. Scheduled delivery was for Saturday, Feb 27. I don't have Prime.

Received them today - Tuesday, Feb 23. Shipping box/packaging was fantastic and the delivery person hid the box in a good spot on my patio.

Old 02-25-21, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 552 Likes on 344 Posts

A preorder that has been open for three months has always shown a release day delivery of Feb 26 on the order page. Just got an email that it has shipped and will be delivered March 1.
Old 03-04-21, 05:09 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts

Staying in an RV resort for two months, so using a temporary address. I'm not really sure what the point of having delivery instructions or phone numbers on the order page if their delivery guys don't use them. I've had 3 out of 4 packages get returned as undeliverable, yet the address I'm using pops up perfectly on google maps, and I left detailed instructions just in case. And trying to use their Customer Service to clear this up has been a joke. They just reattempt the delivery without changing a thing and it still gets sent back.
Old 04-28-21, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

What happened to the two-day delivery guaranteed(well almost guaranteed) with Amazon Prime?

My shipments lately have taken many more days than expected.
Old 05-12-21, 08:01 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 914 Likes on 774 Posts

What the hell happened to sorting orders by open orders?? I can do it on pc but doing an extra step now, but not through app on phone. Wth?
Old 05-12-21, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

It's no longer a simple button on the computer either. I had to cobble the proper code to get the function back.

Amazon Amazon
The following users liked this post:
OldBoy (05-18-21)
Old 05-14-21, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 552 Likes on 344 Posts

I am still not sure why I keep Prime since I don't stream. The days of release day delivery seem to be over. Not a single preorder that I have pending shows that it will be delivered within two weeks of release date.
Old 05-15-21, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Anyone else experiencing issues when searching items? Using just one example, yesterday I searched for CSI: NY Complete Series DVD and it showed up. Did this today and just came up with a whole bunch of other CSI: NY individual releases but not that one (and it is there, I found it using my search history). Same thing for The Final Countdown 4K, that one just came up with some bulbs (and it was searching within Movies & TV.
Old 05-16-21, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Amazon's search function has been fucked up for years.

It seems like every time I search for a movie, it returns a bunch of digital downloads/rentals and foreign/non-region 1/A stuff.

A while back I was looking for a American release of a blu-ray of a movie and couldn't find it on Amazon using the search function; I had to look it up on another site, copy the ISBN number, and use that to find it on Amazon. Ridiculous.
Old 05-16-21, 01:39 AM

Received 1,921 Likes on 1,133 Posts

They'll show you whatever gives them the best margins first. I would assume that's the digital content.
Old 05-16-21, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've found that US titles I'm looking for is often one of the alternate choices or subsets of those foreign listings. If all I see are those I'll pick one and what I'm looking for will be there as well. Amazon's brain dead way of combining all products of the same/similar name. One particular DVD product had the TV movies and TV series listed under the same thing. You had to know the disc counts to get the right one. Total stupidity.
Old 05-16-21, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Since Amazon is a company that literally monitors every single step their warehouse workers take, it's safe to assume that their shitty search function is doing exactly what it's supposed to do.

It's still frustrating as hell when I can't find something amid all of the noise. There's just so much clicking and hunting involved to track down what I'm looking for that it's easier to go to another site, find the ISBN, and just look that up on Amazon.

I'm also a bit baffled by the proliferation of non 1/A imports on the site. I've known a lot of people who unwittingly order those, then can't play them. Few people are savvy enough to know about things like region codes and PAL, or whether or not they're ordering from Amazon or some sketchy third-party seller.
Old 05-16-21, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
I've found that US titles I'm looking for is often one of the alternate choices or subsets of those foreign listings. If all I see are those I'll pick one and what I'm looking for will be there as well. Amazon's brain dead way of combining all products of the same/similar name. One particular DVD product had the TV movies and TV series listed under the same thing. You had to know the disc counts to get the right one. Total stupidity.
Precisely.

I've encountered that, as well, where you have to click on an import DVD or blu-ray title, then click through two dozen or so of the "additional options" to find the actual US release.

And they also have some US DVDs and blu-ray erroneously marked as non-region 1/A in the listings, even including the cover photo of the foreign edition even though it's listed under the American UPC.
Old 05-17-21, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

What gets me is the day after the search results come back normal as before.
Old 05-18-21, 06:52 PM

It's no longer a simple button on the computer either. I had to cobble the proper code to get the function back.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/order-...derFilter=open
that’s fucked up. Can I do that easily in my app? Not use ur link or just save link? Thx btw.
Old 05-20-21, 05:53 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I see this has been brought up. Let me bring it up again. What the hell happened to Prime delivery? The bulk of what I order takes (sometimes much) longer than 2 days. I don't know why I keep Prime, because I hardly order anything from them anymore because the deals have been drying up. (Oh yeah, I get a special rate on Prime, which was a nightmare to get). I tried ordering 4 things today: One is coming Saturday (ok so far), one Monday, one is delayed 2-4 weeks, and the fourth one I cancelled. It says "in stock," no sign of delay, and the delivery date was June 1.
The following users liked this post:
OldBoy (05-26-21)
Old 05-20-21, 06:00 PM

As far as their search engine, I've encountered quite a few items I can't find in their app/on the site. But if I go to Google, type the title plus "Amazon," there it is. It's idiotic. I encounter it primarily when I'm trying to do a movie review (which also worries me that I'm wasting my time with a review that can't be found).
Old 05-20-21, 06:36 PM

Also adjusted a subscribe & save today, which is going to take them 8 days to fulfill. For a lousy 5%. I used to like Amazon.
Old 05-21-21, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by OldBoy
that’s fucked up. Can I do that easily in my app? Not use ur link or just save link? Thx btw.
I have no idea - I don't use "apps" at all...
Old 05-26-21, 06:27 PM

I have no idea - I don't use "apps" at all...
you can't and it blows. but, thanks for that link. only works on internet, so i'll bookmark it. thanks again.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.