Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

The complaining about Amazon thread

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

The complaining about Amazon thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-20, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,244 Likes on 855 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

Knives Out is up on Amazon Prime today.
Old 06-13-20, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

My bad.I might have checked it too soon about 20 hours ago or so or I just messed up. I see now it is front page on prime.

The promotional credit thing is still screwing me up. I bought and had to return a digital movie I believe was going to under $5.
It should have been free as I have about $10 in credits. But I thought it was weird it ended up trying to charge my CC,because the movie was really $15 to start.
Might be a way to change it in settings, Now i see they cross out the price and put $0.00 if you have enough promotional credits on some movies for rent or sale.Now I'm not even
sure if they changed it.I need to sleep on it for a week or two.
Old 06-13-20, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
Worst case was worse ... I screwed myself. I took out two packs of pens and the credit dropped to $1.00. I thought “Still 4 times is $4” and I took out the third at it dropped the credit altogether. I went to add the pens back in ... and the price went from $5/pack to almost $12/pack.

No pens, no credits ... I got greedy.
Well that stinks! I've had that happen myself at times when trying to milk the credits.
Old 06-13-20, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JoeySeven
Not sure if this has been posted before or when it changed.
But the promotional credit being applied to digital rentals or purchases that you are looking at the cost without doing anything is causing some confusion.
Like on slickdeals
Knives Out is listed as a free rental today, but in reality the person and others with promotional credits have them showing the discount
price when it is really not free. Hope I got this right.
Originally Posted by JoeySeven
My bad.I might have checked it too soon about 20 hours ago or so or I just messed up. I see now it is front page on prime.

The promotional credit thing is still screwing me up. I bought and had to return a digital movie I believe was going to under $5.
It should have been free as I have about $10 in credits. But I thought it was weird it ended up trying to charge my CC,because the movie was really $15 to start.
Might be a way to change it in settings, Now i see they cross out the price and put $0.00 if you have enough promotional credits on some movies for rent or sale.Now I'm not even
sure if they changed it.I need to sleep on it for a week or two.
They've been doing this for a couple of months.

I was browsing one day a few months back and noticed lots of "Free" to purchase product (price marked out and replaced with zeros as if it were a promotion) so I started snagging some of it - all of it being stuff I'd watch but wouldn't waste credits "purchasing". I watched one of them and went to spend my expiring credits only to find my credits were almost gone! That's when I realized what they were doing and immediately cancelled those purchases. All the credits came back except for what I'd already watched. I complained to them that it was misleading to mark prices that way without indicating that the "$0.00" price was with existing credits applied (I'm quite capable of keeping up with it without their help). They removed those purchases I'd watched and returned the credits saying they'd pass my concerns along to the right department (sure you will...). They're still doing it and I still fume about it as it's misleading and disingenuous.

There's no current way to change the setting to what it should be - showing the true price with or without credits. So... if the price is crossed out you have to assume they're going to pull credits up to the original cost of the product.
Old 06-13-20, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
There's no current way to change the setting to what it should be - showing the true price with or without credits. So... if the price is crossed out you have to assume they're going to pull credits up to the original cost of the product.
I have seen a "price includes credits" notice on items lately. It's in a tiny font underneath the price and is easy to miss (presumably intentionally so).
Old 06-13-20, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Here's what I'm seeing on all of them. I've not yet seen a "price includes credits" notice - anywhere on the screen:

Old 06-13-20, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Here's what I'm seeing on all of them. I've not yet seen a "price includes credits" notice - anywhere on the screen:

Interesting. I know I've seen "price includes" warnings on Kindle ebooks, because of the slow shipping digital credits.
Old 06-13-20, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts

This is probably a postal service complaint more than an Amazon complaint, but I ordered Top Gun on 4k on Sunday. It was Prime eligible and supposed to be delivered on Tuesday. I haven't received it. The tracking says Your package may be lost. I have never had that happen before. It was easy to ask for a replacement online. My replacement shipped today. It's supposed to arrive on Monday.
Old 06-13-20, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

Just got 3 separate packages delivered to me by amazon - none of them were mine - they were each for different houses on my street - they all had different number and names on them, none of them mine. Shambles!
Old 06-13-20, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by lwhy?
This is probably a postal service complaint more than an Amazon complaint, but I ordered Top Gun on 4k on Sunday. It was Prime eligible and supposed to be delivered on Tuesday. I haven't received it. The tracking says Your package may be lost. I have never had that happen before. It was easy to ask for a replacement online. My replacement shipped today. It's supposed to arrive on Monday.
I've had a similar order with delivery by the USPS of a MP vendor order. It took 3 weeks for a package to arrive from south Florida. Another, from deepdiscount, took 2 weeks *in the USPS system* to arrive in Memphis from PA (something that's normally a 24-36 hr trip). Both of those showed zero movement from injection until they arrived at the Memphis, TN depot (the last stop on the way to my home town). This is the worst service I've ever seen from the USPS. Normally their tracking is very granular and packages arrive quite quickly.
Old 06-14-20, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 915 Likes on 675 Posts

Originally Posted by Noonan
No current complaints about my orders but I am not a fan of their new App design at all.
I must not have been the only one. Today the app is back to it's former self.
Old 06-14-20, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Amazon's app support on FIRE tablets ranges from mediocre to poor. The eBay app no longer works on Fire tablets.
Old 06-21-20, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts

I guess I could complain about an order arriving 2-days late but another arrived 3-days early.
Old 07-14-20, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts

Has anyone had a seller harass you to remove a review? I bought a alexa compatible 3 way light switch, and it worked, but had some issues so I gave it 3/5 stars. A fair review, I thought. Since then, I've gotten emails almost every day from the seller asking me to remove it. First the bribe was $20, then it went up to $30, and then the person even tried to pull on my heart strings, saying it is their job to get these bad reviews removed, and if I don't remove it they will be fired. Well tough titties, because not only am I not removing it, I reported them to Amazon, who says it's completely against their rules and they are opening up an investigation on the seller. I don't even know how the seller got my damn email address!
Spoiler:
Hi,
This is the boss confessed to my task.
If you don't mind, could you help me remove the review? We will give you a $30 amazon gift card as a refund
I really appreciate your help.
I guarantee that after you delete the review, I will definitely refund it. You don't have to worry, it doesn't cost you anything, why not?

If you see the information please return to me, let me know your thoughts, If you don't want to, I won't bother you anymore
Looking forward to your reply.
Good day!

On Sun, Jul 12, 2020 at 8:32 PM Janet Cox wrote:

Sorry,
please,
this is my job! If the review is not deleted, I will be fired,
Please give us a chance to mend our ways
I will give you a $30 Amazon gift card. Can you delete the bad review?
Looking forward to your reply
Grateful.

On Sat, Jul 11, 2020 at 12:34 AM Janet Cox wrote:

If you have seen the information, please reply to me,We'll satisfy your needs as well as we can.please,if you can delete the review I will give you $30 amazon gift card as a compensation.
looking forward to you reply
Thank you

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 9:05 PM Janet Cox wrote:

I'm sorry to bother you all the time. We contact you with the attitude of solving the problem and hope to get your understanding. It would be appreciated if you could delete the bad review. We will give you a gift card of $30 as compensation.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions, looking forward to you reply

Best wishes

On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 10:17 PM Janet Cox wrote:

Standing in your point of view I understand you, and I know it from my own experience too,When you buy something on amazon in anticipation and it doesn't work out.Are you willing to help me to delete your review?Because the reviews are always outdated.We are a growing company but the reviews are static.So I beg you to give us a chance.Or do you have any idea that we will try our best to satisfy you
I'm sorry to bother you,looking forward to you reply .

Thank you

On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 9:23 PM Janet Cox wrote:

To Whom It May Concern:

From your comments, we know that our products have problems. We appreciate your raising the issue and we will try our best to improve,We will give you a $20 amazon gift card as a compensation.We would appreciate it if you could delete the bad reviews

we want to know your requirements and satisfy you, then we can have better improvement.you reply is very helpful to us.After our products are improved, we will give them to customers randomly, To show our sincerity

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions, looking forward to you reply

Best wishes

On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 3:08 AM Janet Cox wrote:

letter of apology to my dear Amazon customer friend
Dear John Smith
Thank you for your recent purchase of
Customer reviews are important to us and we value your response. Please let us know how we may assist you to resolve the issue you have experienced.
Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for giving us the opportunity to rectify the matter.

Could you please delete the bad review?
We will give you a $20 amazon gift card as compensation
You can reply to the sms to ask for your request.

Customer Service Team
Thank you

If it is convenient, we hope you can delete or update the review. Your help is of great significance to us. Thank you for your help. Every good review is an encouragement and recognition of our work, and I hope that every transaction will be successful. Hope you can give this opportunity to change it.

The following users liked this post:
zyzzle (07-17-20)
Old 07-14-20, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by joeblow69
Has anyone had a seller harass you to remove a review? I bought a alexa compatible 3 way light switch, and it worked, but had some issues so I gave it 3/5 stars. A fair review, I thought. Since then, I've gotten emails almost every day from the seller asking me to remove it. First the bribe was $20, then it went up to $30, and then the person even tried to pull on my heart strings, saying it is their job to get these bad reviews removed, and if I don't remove it they will be fired. Well tough titties, because not only am I not removing it, I reported them to Amazon, who says it's completely against their rules and they are opening up an investigation on the seller. I don't even know how the seller got my damn email address!
Spoiler:
Hi,
This is the boss confessed to my task.
If you don't mind, could you help me remove the review? We will give you a $30 amazon gift card as a refund
I really appreciate your help.
I guarantee that after you delete the review, I will definitely refund it. You don't have to worry, it doesn't cost you anything, why not?

If you see the information please return to me, let me know your thoughts, If you don't want to, I won't bother you anymore
Looking forward to your reply.
Good day!

On Sun, Jul 12, 2020 at 8:32 PM Janet Cox wrote:

Sorry,
please,
this is my job! If the review is not deleted, I will be fired,
Please give us a chance to mend our ways
I will give you a $30 Amazon gift card. Can you delete the bad review?
Looking forward to your reply
Grateful.

On Sat, Jul 11, 2020 at 12:34 AM Janet Cox wrote:

If you have seen the information, please reply to me,We'll satisfy your needs as well as we can.please,if you can delete the review I will give you $30 amazon gift card as a compensation.
looking forward to you reply
Thank you

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 9:05 PM Janet Cox wrote:

I'm sorry to bother you all the time. We contact you with the attitude of solving the problem and hope to get your understanding. It would be appreciated if you could delete the bad review. We will give you a gift card of $30 as compensation.

Best wishes

On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 10:17 PM Janet Cox wrote:

Standing in your point of view I understand you, and I know it from my own experience too,When you buy something on amazon in anticipation and it doesn't work out.Are you willing to help me to delete your review?Because the reviews are always outdated.We are a growing company but the reviews are static.So I beg you to give us a chance.Or do you have any idea that we will try our best to satisfy you
I'm sorry to bother you,looking forward to you reply .

Thank you

On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 9:23 PM Janet Cox wrote:

To Whom It May Concern:

From your comments, we know that our products have problems. We appreciate your raising the issue and we will try our best to improve,We will give you a $20 amazon gift card as a compensation.We would appreciate it if you could delete the bad reviews

we want to know your requirements and satisfy you, then we can have better improvement.you reply is very helpful to us.After our products are improved, we will give them to customers randomly, To show our sincerity

Best wishes

On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 3:08 AM Janet Cox wrote:

letter of apology to my dear Amazon customer friend
Dear John Smith
Thank you for your recent purchase of
Customer reviews are important to us and we value your response. Please let us know how we may assist you to resolve the issue you have experienced.
Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for giving us the opportunity to rectify the matter.

Could you please delete the bad review?
We will give you a $20 amazon gift card as compensation
You can reply to the sms to ask for your request.

Customer Service Team
Thank you

If it is convenient, we hope you can delete or update the review. Your help is of great significance to us. Thank you for your help. Every good review is an encouragement and recognition of our work, and I hope that every transaction will be successful. Hope you can give this opportunity to change it.

It would be interesting to see what their Fakespot rating is: https://www.fakespot.com/

If you haven't seen the site, it tries to determine the legitimacy of the reviews on Amazon and other sites. Just copy the URL from the product page and paste it into the box at the top, and hit 'analyze.'
Old 07-14-20, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The thing that sucks is, obviously they have my email address to harass me about this review, but also to use alexa devices, you have to log in to their app to register it. So technically if they cross referenced those, they could control my light switch to fuck with me if they figure out that I reported them to amazon.
Old 07-14-20, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The thing that sucks is, obviously they have my email address to harass me about this review, but also to use alexa devices, you have to log in to their app to register it. So technically if they cross referenced those, they could control my light switch to fuck with me if they figure out that I reported them to amazon.
They may not necessarily have your email. When you do a MP purchase from Amazon they obfuscate your email address as long as all communication to the vendor is done via Amazon. That means the seller has to go through Amazon to contact you. Even if you reply to their emails it still goes back through Amazon so they still don't have your email address. You can see all those communications in your Amazon account (under "Communication and content" - "Messages from Amazon and Sellers" - when there click the "Buyer/Seller Messages" tab. To see what you've sent select "Sent Messages" on the left). However - if you contact them directly through an email address they've provided (outside replying to those funneled through Amazon) then they have it that way.

For example - here's a from address on a MP vendor for a product I purchased (I removed some letters/numbers just in case): [email protected]. I have no idea what their true email address is. The one the MP vendor has for you is similar.

Old 07-14-20, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

For example - here's a from address on a MP vendor for a product I purchased (I removed some letters/numbers just in case): [email protected]. I have no idea what their true email address is. The one the MP vendor has for you is similar.
Ah, that's good to know! Anyway, if you're in the market for alexa light switches, I recommend a different brand.

*err, actually, I think they DO have my email. The return address is a gmail one, and those emails are not listed in the "Messages from Amazon and Sellers" section.
Old 07-14-20, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ah, that's good to know! Anyway, if you're in the market for alexa light switches, I recommend a different brand.

*err, actually, I think they DO have my email. The return address is a gmail one, and those emails are not listed in the "Messages from Amazon and Sellers" section.
That stinks! It sounds like they may have linked the device MAC or SN from your registration email to the record of who it was sold to via Amazon.
Old 07-17-20, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Lately I got the following message on two orders:
"Unfortunately, a problem occurred during shipping and we had to cancel your delivery. The package is being returned, and we will issue a refund within 3 - 5 business days after the return is processed. We’re very sorry for the inconvenience."

In both cases by the time the email came the prices for the items went up from when I ordered them. There was no offer to replace the items such as when an item is lost ie the tracking says delivered and you never received it. In one case I was able to request an exchange of a defective item even though I never received it. In the second case that was not an option and I had to spend nearly an hour and speak to 2 customer service people before I could get them to ship a replacement item at the price I originally paid. They wanted me to buy at the higher price and then they would credit the difference, I wanted then to issue the credit to the account first as a gift card and then I would order as I didn't trust them to credit after the fact. They finally agreed as a "one time special arrangement". I had to remind them to credit the difference in tax as would be charged tax on the current price. I think the original message was BS and the item never actually shipped. The delivery in both cases was Amazon's own delivery service instead of USPS or UPS.

Last edited by Classic Films; 07-17-20 at 08:12 AM.
Old 07-17-20, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

^ I got one of those a couple of months ago. It had shipped from the midwest somewhere but instead of coming to me it somehow got rerouted to Miami, FL, then I got the notification of cancellation.
Old 07-18-20, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 196 Likes on 168 Posts

If you buy a lot of stuff/junk directly from amazon (ie. not third party), this is bound to happen by random chance. This has happened several times already for me a few times.

One time the package was already in town, indicated as "out for delivery" on the delivery service's tracking data web page (ie. postal service, fedex, ups, etc ...). Though it was abruptly "returned" back to amazon later that same day. The delivery service's tracking page mentioned the package was damaged, and never bothered with delivery to my front door.
Old 07-24-20, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 551 Likes on 343 Posts

Oh look, two more orders shipped using amazon's delivery service are late. If you aren't going to deliver them the next day don't state you will on the fucking order page.
Old 07-24-20, 04:58 PM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by stvn1974
Oh look, two more orders shipped using amazon's delivery service are late. If you aren't going to deliver them the next day don't state you will on the fucking order page.
I ordered a runner rug that was sold/shipped by Amazon. It had an estimated Prime shipping time of 2 to 19 days. I ended up getting it in 2 days, but I wonder why they couldn't narrow down the estimate before it shipped, that's a huge range.
Old 07-24-20, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts

Originally Posted by morriscroy
If you buy a lot of stuff/junk directly from amazon (ie. not third party), this is bound to happen by random chance. This has happened several times already for me a few times.

One time the package was already in town, indicated as "out for delivery" on the delivery service's tracking data web page (ie. postal service, fedex, ups, etc ...). Though it was abruptly "returned" back to amazon later that same day. The delivery service's tracking page mentioned the package was damaged, and never bothered with delivery to my front door.
I have never had this happen to me after buying a ton of things from amazon prior to this year, and it's happened twice already.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.