Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

ugh - Amazon is so slow!!!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

ugh - Amazon is so slow!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-11, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: ugh - Amazon is so slow!!!

Well I did the online chat and it sounds like there was a glitch with the order in the system. I used a gift card, so it was charged when it entered “shipping soon” status, so they refunded that and I placed another order and it already shipped out. I don’t know why it took them this long to figure out the problem, but I guess at least now it’s fixed.
Old 09-29-11, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Drake
And a couple weeks ago I ordered an Item late Thursday night and did not receive it till the following Tuesday ....I thought it should have been Monday?...right ?....Friday is a business day that's 1 and then Monday is a Business day that's 2.
So the point is , that saying "you get what you pay for" is not always true.
If you ordered it late Thursday night then for purposes of shipping you ordered it on Friday. The day you order doesn't count as a shipping day, so two business days later would be Tuesday.
Old 10-08-11, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

It's taken over a week for my last two orders to ship. Both were ordered from the Marketplace with Amazon fulfillment. Not that I'm in a hurry, but they've always processed things faster than that, even with FSSS.
Old 10-08-11, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by danwiz
Patience is a virtue.
Seriously.

I order stuff I want, I get free shipping, and I don't really think about it until it arrives, which is almost always in a couple days.
Old 10-27-11, 01:26 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by clckworang
Yep. Sorry. Get Prime. It's worth it.
No. It used to be worth it. I loved Prime when everything I ordered came UPS. Problem is they started using unreliable 3rd rate carriers like A1, Lasership, and Prestige. I'd gladly pay $100/year for Prime if I could get guaranteed UPS.
Old 11-21-11, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

I used to place orders with Amazon using their free shipping, and it would ship the next day - sometimes arriving at my door 24 hours later.

Now it's just getting ridiculous. I had the Harry Potter Blu-ray collection on preorder. For two weeks prior to its release date, I was wondering why everything I bought was in a perpetual "Shipping Soon" status.

Well waddaya know - when Harry Potter eventually arrived, it was boxed with everything I had been ordering for the past two weeks.

Same thing is going on now. Multiple orders which haven't shipped in a week. Something tells me when Arkham City for PC is finally released, I'm going to get a very big box with that game I preordered along with everything else.

Thing is - you can't cancel once it's in Shipping Soon status. And if you call, they'll tell you the same thing. But it seems a little disingenuous to tell you it can't be cancelled as it's now entered the packaging stage when you can place orders after this which eventually end up in the same box.

Last edited by rennervision; 11-21-11 at 08:02 PM.
Old 11-22-11, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

I finally had to break down and call them about this, as I've had orders sitting there for over a week now as "Not Yet Shipped." The lady apologized and after I got off the phone, half my orders finally updated to "Shipping Soon."
Old 11-24-11, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few years back a UPS guy at a local watering hole confessed to me that they go the extra mile to deliver Prime shipments on time. They'll sometimes throw out other Amazon packages at the warehouse to be shipped another day if they're overloaded (or tired) but Prime always gets a space on the truck.

Ever since I've been a Prime guy and I love it.