Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon & 3rd Party Sellers

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-10, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just found out that Amazon does not stand behind their 3rd party sellers. Mind you if you buy something and its bad they do stand behind that and will take the item back and make them give you a full refund. I guess that is good in its self. But if you buy something and it FURB your FURB (ok you do get your money back, still).

Why the bitching. I have been buying used disc as of late from 3 of their top sellers. So far so good till two of them send me disc without art. WTH? In the end they told me to keep some and some went back. All I asked for is what I paid for. Again maybe not much of a bitch as I really did not lose anything other then time and now I have to go out and buy the sets again.

I would post the names of the sellers but I'm not sure if its within the rules of this board?
Old 11-04-10, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Amazon & 3rd Party Sellers

Originally Posted by drq2
But if you buy something and it FURB your FURB (ok you do get your money back, still).
So Amazon does help you. I don't get the complaint.
Old 11-04-10, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
So Amazon does help you. I don't get the complaint.
More of a I cannot believe it kind of post. All they do is give your money back to you.
Old 11-04-10, 12:17 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

All they do is give your money back to you.
What more could they possibly do?

Do you expect Amazon, or even the third party sellers, to stock extra parts of a used product?
Old 11-04-10, 01:23 PM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

More of a I cannot believe it kind of post. All they do is give your money back to you.
This is probably the most unwarranted complaint I've ever read.
Old 11-04-10, 04:07 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

There are too many individuals in the world selling DVDs, a few of them sell on Amazon Marketplace. I have only ever purchased 1 or 2 DVDs via Amazon Marketplace and learned very quickly that their Marketplace is not the marketplace for me. Most of their sellers have 90% to 97% positive feedback, if I saw that kind of feedback rating on Ebay, I'd run away.....very fast. If any one of those sellers ever sent me a DVD without art, and without any kind of notice of this absence of art, I'd demand my $$$ back and never buy from them again, simple as that. To expect anything more is to expect more than is deserved.

There are too many individuals in the world selling DVDs, move along please... -kd5-
Old 11-04-10, 06:07 PM

This all happen to me in one week, 7 order all going back. The sad part is the order that came so far this week (placed before the problem) are all new discs.

My bitch was if you buy something you should get what you paid for. I had no idea why I had so many people asking about where my Lobsters Tails where from. They are marked Maine and that is what I sell. What if I sold Canada ones (that is why people where asking there was a new report the day before). If you buy something you should get it. I learn I just buy all new ones now. I save the problems.
Old 11-04-10, 11:08 PM

I've haven't had that many problems with sellers. Also if I am slighty worried I will contact them before buying it. That way if it comes to you damaged you can file a claim and get your money back.
Old 11-05-10, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So these were just movies copied to blank disks (AKA bootlegs)? Or is it a regular disk without the cover? I've seena few legit DVDs that are pretty much blank unless you look close & it has tiny white letters around the edge, practically invisible at a glance.
Old 11-05-10, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyDaBull
I've haven't had that many problems with sellers. Also if I am slighty worried I will contact them before buying it. That way if it comes to you damaged you can file a claim and get your money back.
The problem is, you do get your money back.
Old 11-06-10, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 362 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyDaBull
Exactly, I have brought over 175 Blu-ray and HD-Dvd's from Amazon.com Marketplace. I have had about 5 problems total. 4 of the 5 orders I was sent a dvd instead of the Blu-ray. The other order someone sent me a Blu-ray without cover art and the case was ripped to hell. The description said like new. In all cases I contacted Amazon.com and was a refund for all five orders and told to keep the items.
Old 11-08-10, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

As a marketplace seller, I can tell you that the system is greatly stacked in favor of the buyer. A buyer can buy an expensive item, file a claim, Amazon takes the money away from the seller and gives it back to the buyer while the buyer can keep the item! That is stealing, IMO. The only protection I have is to purchase signature confirmation on each shipment.

Also, if a seller is caught doing bootlegs or anything suspicious like having two accounts on the same computer, they are banned for life.