Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Will Criterion replace cases and inserts?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-10, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering if Criterion replaces cases w/ artwork and/or inserts and who I would contact. If they do is there a cost to it.
Old 07-26-10, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Will Criterion replace cases and inserts?

It is $5 and I believe you just send an e-mail to Criterion and they will give you the info you need.

EDIT:

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
My Che Part 1 case had a tear in it. You can buy a replacement case + cover by sending $5 to the Criterion store via paypal.

[email protected]

just tell them what you need in the message box and your address and they will ship it out.
Old 08-05-10, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Quake1028
Thank you for your email!

Unfortunately, we do not have the facilities to offer replacement DVD cases. They can, however, be purchased for low cost at DVD stores and at online retailers such as this one:

Can't put in urls

We are, however, able to assist in replacing paper packaging elements. The cost for a replacement packaging is $5 per packaging item, this includes the cost of shipping. To order three cover art inserts, simply make a payment of $15 to the email address [email protected] through PayPal, providing your name, mailing address and item(s) needed in the message field. As soon as we receive notification of payment, we'll send out the materials!

I hope this is helpful! Feel free to let me know if you have any more questions about Criterion!

Best,

Jon
Think it's kind of ridiculous to have to pay $5 for a piece of paper, but to each their own.
Old 08-05-10, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They have always sent me coverart and inserts for free. Has that recently changed as well? They last did it for me just a month or two ago. Heck, I received the M BD from B&N not too long ago that had a cracked case, and I emailed Criterion about it and they even sent me a clear case for free. Then again, I did also place a $20 order for various other replacement cases for the cardboard releases as well.

But yeah, for coverart and inserts they have always shipped what I needed for free as long as they had it.

Last edited by Brent L; 08-05-10 at 12:58 PM.
Old 08-05-10, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by movieman35
Think it's kind of ridiculous to have to pay $5 for a piece of paper, but to each their own.
I think it's ridculous that they don't have a DVD replacement program, where you send in a damaged disk with some cash and they replace it.
Old 08-06-10, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 213 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Brent L
But yeah, for coverart and inserts they have always shipped what I needed for free as long as they had it.
I think their protocol is to charge but they can be easily talked into waiving the fee.
Old 08-06-10, 03:06 PM

Second E-mail response goes into a little more detail:

Thank you for your e-mail!

To order the artwork and inserts, simply make your payment to the email address [email protected] through PayPal, providing your mailing address and item needed in the message field, and we'll send it out to you!

Replacement packaging items are $5 each.

Please note that we are only able to offer cover art and booklets/inserts, but not plastic keep cases to put them in, as we ship all packaging replacement orders from our production offices, and not our warehouse.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thank you for supporting the Criterion Collection!

Cheers,

Giles
The Criterion Collection