Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DD - Coming Soon: The New and Improved DeepDiscount.com

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DD - Coming Soon: The New and Improved DeepDiscount.com

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-10, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: DD - Coming Soon: The New and Improved DeepDiscount.com

No foreign section anymore?
Old 02-01-10, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,732 Likes on 1,885 Posts

DeepDiscount.com - Now more useless than ever!

Were you annoyed that there weren't enough buggy scripts on the site to eat up your system resources and crash your browser? We listened, and now we've packed each page with enough java to take down even the most sophisticated browsers.

Your wish list is now history! Your wishlist made it fast and convenient to check for price increases, but now that it's gone you won't be wasting time and bandwidth complaining on message boards about our prices getting up before big sales.

We've also made it more difficult for you to place orders, forcing you log in over and over until the cookies finally take. When you quit trying to order in frustration, it will save you even more money than ever.
Old 02-02-10, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Amusing. I checked, and my wish list is either gone or not there yet.. Amazon seems to be beating them more lately anyway (at least what I've been looking at).
Old 02-02-10, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by SkullOrchard
I thought the old search function was lousy, but this newer one is far worse, almost worthless.
I *finally* found out how to "get around" the new, almost worthless, search and get true results.

Put what you want in the top right search but *DO NOT* select a category 'cause if you do you'll get few, if any, results! Leave the drop down set for "All Categories". *THEN* when you get all those extraneous results select "DVD" (or whatever format you're searching for) from the "Format" box on the left side. You'll then get just what you wanted to start with. It seems that very few items have a category associated with them.

Of course, this is assuming that you're willing to go through the ordering process as it's been reported...
Old 02-02-10, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
DeepDiscount.com - Now more useless than ever!

Were you annoyed that there weren't enough buggy scripts on the site to eat up your system resources and crash your browser? We listened, and now we've packed each page with enough java to take down even the most sophisticated browsers...
FireFox with "NoScript" is your friend. Block all that bandwidth hogging, browser crashing, targeted marking/advertising/usage tracking java junk.
Old 02-03-10, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by reverie
Amusing. I checked, and my wish list is either gone or not there yet..
I was greeted with this perky message:
Where's my old Wish List? We're currently working on migrating your wish lists from our previous system into our new system. So, if you don't see your wish list below, don't fret, we'll send you a quick email once we're done migrating all those 1's and Zero's over... Thanks for your patience!
Old 02-03-10, 08:09 PM
Cool New Member

I can't even log in since the site change. Is anyone else having this problem?

Old 02-04-10, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

What a fucking buggy ass site. I placed my first order since the overhaul and it would not allow me to use my cc. I wound up having to use paypal. This morning I get an email that they could not obtain authorization from paypal. It is showing as pending in paypal. Good grief.
Old 02-05-10, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

I thought anything would have been an improvement over the old layout, but the new site is an even bigger mess. My entire wishlist is also gone. Anyone having problems with orders in the last month not being delivered, or is it just me? Over the years DDD had successfully delivered every single order of mine through Media Mail. But in the past month or so, two out of three orders just never showed up at all. I have a suspicion they never actually shipped them out, considering I have a very good relationship with my Postal worker and he says nothing is missing.

I am gun shy about ordering anything from them now. The whole operation appears to be sliding into irrelevancy or even bankruptcy, given many of the public moves they have made in the last year.
Old 02-06-10, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Placed an order the other night, shipped the next day. No problems here.
Old 02-06-10, 10:14 PM

I haven't had problems checking out, but has anyone received bing cashback without contacting bing? I always get it from deepdiscount orders within 15 minutes, but since the site overhall I haven't. I've contacted them for 1 order, now I have 2 more I have to wait 48 hours before contacting them about it. Seems like they've had plenty of time to work out the kinks, but nothing is improving on my end.
Old 02-08-10, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well you can forget what I said about "select "DVD" (or whatever format you're searching for) from the "Format" box on the left side" to refine your searches. The idiots *removed* the "Format" box! You're now stuck with "Category" choices only - which are *not* accurate at all! You'll not find *lots* of items if you choose a category following a search. I'd complain and let them know just what all is royally screwed up but the "form" to do so is absent as well! I doubt a CS rep. would understand anything via a call...
Old 02-09-10, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Got my order quicker than normal from DD w/ free shipping (and during a blizzard that shut down the post office for a day) and everything was perfect. No problems with the site overhaul, they'll continue to get my business
Old 02-11-10, 07:36 AM
Cool New Member

They won't accept my shipping address (APO). I called and they said they still ship APO. The new site however doesn't have AE as a state in the drop down selection. I guess I will have to place orders over the phone.
Old 02-11-10, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

I can't login. Wheres the enter button on the login page?
Old 02-11-10, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by marald
I haven't had problems checking out, but has anyone received bing cashback without contacting bing? I always get it from deepdiscount orders within 15 minutes, but since the site overhall I haven't. I've contacted them for 1 order, now I have 2 more I have to wait 48 hours before contacting them about it. Seems like they've had plenty of time to work out the kinks, but nothing is improving on my end.
I never had to contact Bing before the "upgrade", now I have to contact them about every transaction. I'm never automatically credited like before.
Old 02-11-10, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Did actually do an order recently.. and it came very quick.. but my wish list is still MIA..
Old 02-11-10, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My wishlist finally showed up today... but no notification email. And the wishlist is also a kludge... no order (it's not even in the order the migrated one was in), no ability to sort on *anything*, and if you should want to delete an item or move it to the cart you must do it *ONE AT A TIME* and then wait for the entire wishlist to reload before you can continue. Plus it conveniently drops you at the *top* of the wishlist instead of where the move/delete occured.

A quick count shows ~100 titles I'll have to delete *ONE AT A TIME*!!

I've *never* seen a site redesign done so poorly. It's almost as if they want you to go elsewhere.

EDIT: I just discovered that there are items in my wishlist that were deleted *long* ago. Some over TWO YEARS ago!! And "editing" your wishlist is *slooooooooowwwwwwww*. PLUS... the "total" of the entire list is gone as is the number of items on the list.

And since my wishlist is back I decided to move some items from my cart to the wishlist. It now loads the wishlist following the move instead of leaving you in the cart! AND THE ITEMS YOU "MOVED" STAY IN THE CART!!?!! Can someone explain just *why* I'd want to "add selected items to my wishlist" and *LEAVE* them in the cart?

Did anyone actually test this? Did anyone look at it first? It looks and feels like it was left in the hands of a "designer/programmer" who thinks they know what they are doing! It totally smacks of inexperience in both design and function... Almost like it was built with a "web design construction kit" and not by real programmers.

Who do we contact to get the old *better* site back?

Last edited by BobO'Link; 02-11-10 at 08:32 PM.
Old 02-12-10, 09:08 AM

Holy Mackerel, my wishlist also has at least a 100 items that need to be deleted. Things I either purchased or deleted a long, long time ago are now back. And as Bob said, it's extremely tedious to delete them one by one. Wow, DD hasn't gotten much business from me in the last 6 to 8 months, and this move only makes me less inclined to give them my money.

Gary "absolutely horrible web design" O.
Old 02-13-10, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,732 Likes on 1,885 Posts

Yeah, got my wishlist back, too, and it's full of items that I've either bought or removed from it.

The whole design for the wishlist is a clunky mess. It's awkward to look at, a pain in the ass to navigate, and drops a lot of useful information like retail price.

Jesus Christ, we're in the middle of a fucking RECESSION and they're spending money to redesign their website in a way that's going to drive away business. The fuck, dude?
Old 02-16-10, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
FireFox with "NoScript" is your friend. Block all that bandwidth hogging, browser crashing, targeted marking/advertising/usage tracking java junk.
holy crap. i just installed this and WOW. what a huge difference.
Old 02-16-10, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Yeah, got my wishlist back, too, and it's full of items that I've either bought or removed from it.
Yikes, me too! *sigh* Well, at least it's back..
Old 02-16-10, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

worse yet.. this doesn't even have the stuff I put in recently.. unreal....
Old 02-16-10, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

and it seems like the prices of most of my wishlist are MUCH higher than I remember......
Old 02-18-10, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SoSpacey
holy crap. i just installed this and WOW. what a huge difference.
OK... now add "Adblock Plus" and watch lots of other crap disappear! Not so much at DD but other sites will be lots less cluttered.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.