Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DD - Coming Soon: The New and Improved DeepDiscount.com

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DD - Coming Soon: The New and Improved DeepDiscount.com

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-10, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: DD - Coming Soon: The New and Improved DeepDiscount.com

DD is just a horrible website with awful customer service.
Old 02-19-10, 12:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Yeah, got my wishlist back, too, and it's full of items that I've either bought or removed from it.
Same here. And I didn't notice any way to check a box and delete a bunch of DVDs at once. You have to delete them one by one.

And after deleting about a half dozen, it signed me out and I had to sign in again just to look at my wishlist!

Last edited by Marvin; 02-19-10 at 12:28 PM.
Old 02-19-10, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

All these weeks later, I still can't believe that DD took an already bad website design and made it a thousand times worse. Retarded monkeys could have done a better job. Their previous search function sucked, but the new version is totally worthless. On top of that, almost nothing is in-stock, and their prices are barely competitive. I can usually find an equal or better deal at Amazon with far less hassle. They used to run some pretty good sales throughout the year, but not anymore. DD = total suckage.

Last edited by SkullOrchard; 02-19-10 at 12:40 PM.
Old 02-19-10, 05:23 PM

Awww, Come on!

I must have spent 2 hours the other day deleting all the old items from the wish list that were added back. And like someone else stated any new items you added were gone.

Now all the old items (the ones I deleted) are back again as well as the newer ones I added after.

That's going to be another 2 hours of deleting.

Come on DD. This is getting ridiculous!

James
Old 02-20-10, 04:36 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SkullOrchard
All these weeks later, I still can't believe that DD took an already bad website design and made it a thousand times worse. Retarded monkeys could have done a better job. Their previous search function sucked, but the new version is totally worthless. On top of that, almost nothing is in-stock, and their prices are barely competitive. I can usually find an equal or better deal at Amazon with far less hassle. They used to run some pretty good sales throughout the year, but not anymore. DD = total suckage.
Totally agree! Everytime you place an order now, you have to re-enter all your info like address etc. It doesn't remember a thing even though there is a save button on the page where you enter everything! Yes...Totally SUCKS!!!
I am taking my buisness elsewhere-
Old 02-20-10, 09:28 PM

Received 73 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by smurr05
Totally agree! Everytime you place an order now, you have to re-enter all your info like address etc. It doesn't remember a thing even though there is a save button on the page where you enter everything! Yes...Totally SUCKS!!!
I am taking my buisness elsewhere-
Yeah, I'm having the same problem with having to enter my address each time I order, HOWEVER, it somehow figured out how to save a previous address of a friend I sent a DVD to a couple of years ago. THAT I can one-click on without typing everything in again. Incredible.
Old 02-21-10, 03:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

They still had my address when I checked out. I don't think I've used a different address with DD. Could the problem be that people who have entered more than one address are confusing the "new and improved" site?

The new checkout's a pain in the ass. Six steps that load slowly. If I wasn't getting Blade Runner Blu-ray for $13.99, I don't think I would have bothered finishing.

And, a note to DD: If you guys really want to improve your site, you would be wise to get rid of that rewards/loyalty crap that you offer every time I buy something.
Old 02-21-10, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

does anyone have any experience in dealing with DeepDiscount with an order being lost in the mail ? I am thinking that is the case with an order of mine that shipped on the 8th of February. As I have never had an order take nearly this long to receive. I am going to wait one more day and see. But, then I figure I need to give them a call. Are they good about sending out a replacement shipment ?
Old 02-21-10, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Piazza
does anyone have any experience in dealing with DeepDiscount with an order being lost in the mail ? I am thinking that is the case with an order of mine that shipped on the 8th of February. As I have never had an order take nearly this long to receive. I am going to wait one more day and see. But, then I figure I need to give them a call. Are they good about sending out a replacement shipment ?
The couple of times I've not received orders, they've reshipped them without a problem.
Old 02-21-10, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SkullOrchard
The couple of times I've not received orders, they've reshipped them without a problem.
Thanks Skull, that is good to hear. I hard part for me is trying to figure how long is long enough to wait before trying to determine package is lost.
Old 02-21-10, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Thanks Skull, that is good to hear. I hard part for me is trying to figure how long is long enough to wait before trying to determine package is lost.
They will want you to wait 30 days following shipment before declaring the package lost. This is especially true if you used free shipping as it is sent using Media Mail which can be *very* slow due to the way this material finds its' way on the trucks.
Old 02-21-10, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
They will want you to wait 30 days following shipment before declaring the package lost. This is especially true if you used free shipping as it is sent using Media Mail which can be *very* slow due to the way this material finds its' way on the trucks.
You should call them after 10 business days. I had a shipment shipped from DVD Planet on the 9th and if I don't receive it after Tuesday-I will let them know about it.
Old 02-22-10, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

I just had an order show up after nearly a month. Of course there was an item shipped the last week of 2009 that has never shown up. The plastic mailer they use for single items now is getting lost in the media mail roulette more often than the cardboard packaging of old.
Old 02-25-10, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Anyone else having trouble with Bing cashback since DD "improved" its website? I've made a couple orders, but so far there is nothing pending in my Bing account
Old 02-25-10, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
Anyone else having trouble with Bing cashback since DD "improved" its website? I've made a couple orders, but so far there is nothing pending in my Bing account
You have to email them about it. It won't go through otherwise. Although now I've got a cs rep who won't accept the asked for cut/paste of the confirmation email, saying they need it in .pdf format???
Old 02-26-10, 03:23 PM

Received 73 Likes on 50 Posts

They now have a button you can click to "Cancel" a previous order, but when I tried doing this I got no confirmation that the order was indeed canceled. The item was listed as "Out of Stock" so I thought I was in the clear, but a few days later, the item showed up in my mailbox.

Am I correct in assuming that the only way to cancel an order is the old way of calling them up or e-mailing them?
Old 02-26-10, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Franchot
They now have a button you can click to "Cancel" a previous order, but when I tried doing this I got no confirmation that the order was indeed canceled. The item was listed as "Out of Stock" so I thought I was in the clear, but a few days later, the item showed up in my mailbox.

Am I correct in assuming that the only way to cancel an order is the old way of calling them up or e-mailing them?
Yeah, you need to call them.
Old 02-26-10, 05:09 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Had a great deal on the Planet of the Apes Blu-ray box set, so I am giving them a chance to dazzle me with the new site and service.
Old 02-27-10, 04:19 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

I just visited the site for the 1st time since last summer and checked out my wish list and it's fucking awful. The prices suck and the fact that a shit load of titles that I already purchased re-appeared on my Wish List pissed me off. It was so tedious deleting all of the duplicate titles that I already bought.
Old 02-27-10, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

I *finally* got my wish list cleared up... but every time it loads it's in a different order! There's no way to easily track what's on it and/or compare prices from week to week. I'm still amazed that the glaring issues on the site have not been corrected. Does DVD-Dave no longer read threads about DD? Is he still there? Does *anybody* at DD care?
Old 02-27-10, 10:07 PM
Cool New Member

I was finally able to log in tonight. My wish list is going to take forever to clean up. It's full of items I've bought or deleted over the years like everyone elses.

What a piece of garbage!

Last edited by Kirk76; 02-27-10 at 10:10 PM.
Old 03-07-10, 06:58 PM

Is DD charging immediately now instead of when they ship your order?

I preordered some DVDs and just checked my online statement and there is already a pending charge on it. The DVDs aren't coming out for a couple months.
Old 03-07-10, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sandman007
Is DD charging immediately now instead of when they ship your order?

I preordered some DVDs and just checked my online statement and there is already a pending charge on it. The DVDs aren't coming out for a couple months.
That is most likely just a pre-authorization for the total amount of your order. It shouldn't actually post until your order ships. Look for it to drop off your statement after a few days.
Old 03-08-10, 11:03 AM
Cool New Member

it seems they are competing with amazon... if so that will be a good deal to sell and to save money. this seems to be good but i tried that link its too slow i was waiting merely for 15 minutes but was not able to get it...
Old 03-10-10, 03:13 PM
Cool New Member

I have found that their service is pretty poor. I had an order that just sat there and did not process-all was in stock. They created a new order for me, as they could not figure out what was wrong. Well a month later I got the original order after getting the replacement order, they did not cancel the first order, as they said that they would do!

I had to call to initiate the return. I then never got the postage paid label, after waiting for 2 weeks. I had to call again. Then they sent me the wrong return authorization order number in the email. Had to call again. The cust service reps sound like robots, they do apologize but it sounds aloof and not sincere, kind of like an "oh well" attitude. They just keep rushing me off the phone. I am not too happy at all with the service. I realize things can go wrong, but we are talking about 4 different service failures with just one order of dvds!!

I will think twice about ordering again. The prices are not so "deep" discounted anymore. If they have some good sales, I may reconsider.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.