Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

is hotmoviesale legit?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

is hotmoviesale legit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-09, 03:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is hotmoviesale legit?

i came across a site called hotmoviesale.com while searching for dvd deals and saw a bunch of stuff i wanted with a flat rate for shipping but i dont wanna enter my bank card unless i know its legit
Old 10-18-09, 04:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: is hotmoviesale legit?

dont do it!!!

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/HotMovieSale

i dont have any first-hand experience with em, so maybe i should not chime in. but i think ive seen them mentioned here somewhere not too long ago. i think its one of them "membership" services that charge you monthly to be in the program.
Old 10-18-09, 09:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know if anything's changed since then, but when I purchased through them (last year about this time, I think), they were having a sale. You could purchase something at like $10 off, but you had to cancel 2 memberships before the free trial was up or you would get charged. I ordered a few times and canceled before my free trials were up and never got charged for the memberships. It was a good deal, but just make sure you read all the fine print to make sure you know when to cancel and what you are getting in to.

Edit: If you choose to do this, don't forget to enter "freeship" in the coupon box to get free shipping. Hope this helped.

Last edited by blueseraphtears; 10-18-09 at 09:34 AM.
Old 10-18-09, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

use a vc too if possible. Glad I did the one time I used them. They tried to charge me despite having cancelled those memberships. Plus they add in $1 charge on top of your order too if I remember correctly.
Old 10-18-09, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used the deal earlier this year or a year ago, whenever it was, and everything went through fine. I got a couple of BDs for a buck or two each.