Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Best Buy Reward Zone Dining....

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-09, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Looks like a new program. Link a CC to them, get points for dining at participating restaurants. Looks like there are a few places I go to regularly.

http://www.rewardzonedining.com/
Old 10-09-09, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
Re: Best Buy Reward Zone Dining....

I signed up for it, but there aren't a whole lot of places that are part of the program around here.
Old 10-09-09, 07:03 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Is this for their Credit Card or their free Rewards card?
Old 10-09-09, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Is this for their Credit Card or their free Rewards card?
free rewards card. you sign up for this site, add credit cards to the account, and when you dine at participating places, you get RZ points.
Old 10-09-09, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

I have Reward Zone for Best Buy and was interested in this dining program but in order to earn points you have to register credit/debit cards on the website.

So if you don't use the credit/debit card(s) registered on the site, no points. Since I never use my credit card for restaurants or gas, I never finished registering.

As for my debit card, I learned a valuable lesson from other people's mistakes. I was at a party with a large group of people from work at TGI Fridays and the wait staff was either so upset or just stupid that they charged people who handed a debit card the entire amount fro everyone's meal rather than the amount they really owed. So people were finding amounts in excess of $200 taken from their accounts. Now, I just take enough cash out to handle the meals OR I only use my debit card at fast food joints by myself.

If they let you register your points another way like receipt number or special member card, I might consider it again.
Old 10-09-09, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by emachine12
I have Reward Zone for Best Buy and was interested in this dining program but in order to earn points you have to register credit/debit cards on the website.

So if you don't use the credit/debit card(s) registered on the site, no points. Since I never use my credit card for restaurants or gas, I never finished registering.

As for my debit card, I learned a valuable lesson from other people's mistakes. I was at a party with a large group of people from work at TGI Fridays and the wait staff was either so upset or just stupid that they charged people who handed a debit card the entire amount fro everyone's meal rather than the amount they really owed. So people were finding amounts in excess of $200 taken from their accounts. Now, I just take enough cash out to handle the meals OR I only use my debit card at fast food joints by myself.
I would have been PISSED
Old 10-09-09, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The people who used their debit cards were completely pissed off. I was glad that I chose to use cash that night as I was about to just hand over my debit card. When I heard what happened the next day from people coming in, I stopped using my debit card for non fast food places.
Old 10-16-09, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by emachine12

If they let you register your points another way like receipt number or special member card, I might consider it again.
Wouldn't they have seen the erroneous charges before they signed for them?
Old 10-16-09, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, that story doesn't make sense.
Old 10-17-09, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It does make some sense. Some places have the new credit process where if its under a certain amount, you no longer have to sign for it. You just hand them the charge/debit card and its done.

That's why there was the report of people being overcharged at KFC. Since they don't need legally need your signature for small charges now, you just get a receipt back.

Also, you have to remember that even if the wait staff printed the seperate checks, most places still have to consolidate those seperate checks into the system to make the payment. Its not difficult for someone to accidently do the whole charge despite the check saying something else.

The Reward Zone Dining is a good program but they need to offer an alternative to storing your credit card on the Reward Zone site. Especially if you forget to use the right one for the tab.

Last edited by emachine12; 10-17-09 at 12:18 AM.
Old 10-17-09, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk God

dude, if it's a credit card and there's fraud, you can get a charge back with almost no work at all. don't be so paranoid.
Old 10-17-09, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm talking about a debit card where the funds take longer to get back.

Anyways, lets move on. I wanted to see what places participate in this, I did a location search but I get a long list of places. Is it only the places with the "JOIN/LOGIN NOW TO SEE REWARDS!" banner?

I'm guessing, yes but I want to make sure.