Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Best Buy: Why I Hate Them

Old 01-10-09, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Best Buy: Why I Hate Them

Last edited by LosingMyMind; 03-22-14 at 07:05 AM.
Old 01-10-09, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Best Buy: Why I Hate Them

One time I walked into a Best Buy with a little backpack because I had walked there from home while running errands and was told I had to leave my bag by the door... they actually had me leave it on the floor right next to the exit near the receipt-checking guy.

I just left after a couple minutes because I had valuable stuff in that bag and couldn't risk someone grabbing it on the way out while the receipt guy wasn't looking. Unreal. I saw other people with bags and purses walking around so I decided I wouldn't buy anything there for treating me like a criminal.

If they had an actual policy and a secure bag-check set up that would have been different. Making me leave my stuff unwatched on the floor by the exit was just unacceptable, so they lost my business.
Old 01-10-09, 06:27 PM

Never been accused of stealing in any store... besides the annoying 50/50 chance the alarm goes off when I am leaving the store at my local walmart... happens way too much there and many times I get stuck with someone who is (literally) retarded or disabled and moves very slow. Not they're fault but also not mine, the alarm should not go off every other time I visit and pay for my goods.
Old 01-10-09, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Never been accused of shop-lifting, but I hate Best Buy because I feel their prices on most things are too high.
Do 99% of my DVD shopping online.
Old 01-10-09, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow. People hold on to stuff for a long time, eh?
Old 01-10-09, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's pretty obvious what's going on here. The guy was too embarrassed to buy Backyard Babes with his mom right there so he nicked it.

I'm totally kidding man, that is fucked up what they did to you. I would have told them to show me the security video footage of me walking into the restroom with the DVD or go fuck themselves. And the least they could do was give you a complementary copy of Backyard Babes for yor troubles.
Old 01-10-09, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Best Buy carries Backyard Babes? I call bullshit.
Old 01-11-09, 01:30 PM

I hate them because 6 years ago they advertised a tv for $999, I went to buy it the day the paper came out, they didnt have any, wouldn't be getting any, but did not stop trying to sale me a $3000.00 plasma from the start.
Old 01-11-09, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Best Buy took a poop in my mouth. I hate them more then you.
Old 01-11-09, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

hmmm... i thought it was agreed upon a long time ago that no one any longer needed to justify or give any reason to hate bestbuy.

EDIT: maybe that was just in my head
Old 01-11-09, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
Best Buy took a poop in my mouth. I hate them more then you.
You hate Best Buy more than you hate the OP?
Old 01-11-09, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DarthVong View Post
Never been accused of shop-lifting, but I hate Best Buy because I feel their prices on most things are too high.
Do 99% of my DVD shopping online.
Same here. I never had that defining "worst experience ever" for me. I just saw them raise their prices over the years and now I just don't understand why people shop there. If I need to replace a mouse for my computer or something in a jiffy I will run there quick, but for the most part I just do my shopping online or elsewhere.
Old 01-12-09, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

There are people out there who HAVE to watch the dvd the day it comes out so they rush to Best Buy and spend no matter how much it costs. I mentioned in another thread that I took a list of 10 tv series on dvd and there price averaged 7 dollars more. I could get the same dvds for 100 dollars cheaper with a coupon and using their point system at DVD Planet.
Old 01-12-09, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dvd-4-life View Post
There are people out there who HAVE to watch the dvd the day it comes out so they rush to Best Buy and spend no matter how much it costs. I mentioned in another thread that I took a list of 10 tv series on dvd and there price averaged 7 dollars more. I could get the same dvds for 100 dollars cheaper with a coupon and using their point system at DVD Planet.
Are you talking about "series" sets? Those are often pretty expensive. If Best Buy was only $7 more expensive for a series set that cousts a couple hundred dollars, that isnt too bad.

Of course, I am amazed that people still feel the need to point out that products online are cheaper than in brick and mortar stores. It isnt exactly a new concept, and has been around ever since online shopping started taking off.
Old 01-12-09, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by dvd-4-life View Post
Generally though, new release DVD's aren't much cheaper online and B&M's often have some exclusives. It isn't too hard to fathom buying them in store versus online.
Old 01-12-09, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Not to mention those of us who are rediculously anal about getting perfect packaging and no floaters prefer buying B&M for obvious reasons.
Old 01-12-09, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jjcool View Post
Of course, I am amazed that people still feel the need to point out that products online are cheaper than in brick and mortar stores. It isnt exactly a new concept, and has been around ever since online shopping started taking off.
There was a time Best Buy was highly competitive the first day a DVD came out with online prices, so pretty much the only extra I might spend was in taxes.

I think they started going up in price around the time they introduced the Rewards Zone card.
Old 01-12-09, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by calhoun07 View Post
There was a time Best Buy was highly competitive the first day a DVD came out with online prices, so pretty much the only extra I might spend was in taxes.

I think they started going up in price around the time they introduced the Rewards Zone card.
They still seem competitive to me, although I stopped paying attention to DVD's and Blu-ray releases are far better online. As far as I can tell, DVD pricing is still pretty decent for the big releases.
Old 01-13-09, 10:21 AM

next time dont take merchandise into the restroom. Its just common sense.
Old 01-13-09, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by penguin42 View Post
Uh... unless I miss something, he didn't take anything into the restroom, he got his stack of DVDs after.
Old 01-13-09, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What they did is against current policy...but who knows what the rules were 100 years ago.

= J
Old 01-14-09, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
Uh... unless I miss something, he didn't take anything into the restroom, he got his stack of DVDs after.
I thought he said he took "Backdoor Babes" into the restroom.
Old 01-14-09, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by penguin42 View Post
Originally Posted by jjcool View Post
I thought he said he took "Backdoor Babes" into the restroom.
I'm trying to figure out if you guys are having fun with the OP or just have less than stellar reading comprehension levels.
Old 01-16-09, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I hate BB also.

The Mongolia is never manned, and I have waited for 20 min for an associate to show up. That, or it's one associate/one customer, and I have to wait and wait and wait....I wanted to buy a 60" Pioneer Kuro....nobody came over to help me, and I'm a 40 year-old guy in a suit & tie. I spent my 6 grand elsewhere.

I tried to get them to PM a Denon AVR that was advertised lower at 6th Ave Electronics....they said "no go", too far away. Buh-bye. Speny my $1100 elsewhere...free shipping & saved on tax anyway.

I had $100 in gift cards from the HD DVD debacle. Sold 'em on eBay before Xmas, and washed my hands of BB forever.
Old 01-16-09, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k View Post
I hate BB also.

The Mongolia is never manned, and I have waited for 20 min for an associate to show up.
Personally, I hate having to go all the way to Mongolia to find a good deal. It takes FOREVER to get there.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.