Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Damn Amazon.uk and USPS Rock!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Damn Amazon.uk and USPS Rock!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-08, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that's exactly what i thought about their customer service. it seems like it's a copy and paste type answer. I think it's like that though so they give the same level of professional service or maybe so they don't make mistakes. I don't know. If I had to bet on an order being delivered though, I would take yours over mine because I think I'm screwed. amazon.cn said they couldn't "afford" me a tracking number because it was standard overseas. they want me to wait now. DHL can't help much...the postal service can't do much.

atleast with amazon.de it has the same layout as the other amazons. amazon.cn is a little different

oh well,l I guess we'll both just have to keep waiting
Old 09-02-08, 04:27 PM

yeah I think so
Old 09-03-08, 12:41 PM

Well I think I may have you beat. I'm out of town right now but I called the post office yesterday and they said that I had a package from the UK (ordered Braveheart from amazon.uk 3rd-party seller) and I believe there are two from Hong Kong. I was expecting one on Aug 30th, one on Sept 2nd, two packages today and one tomorrow so we'll see what happens. I should have packages from importcds too so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

any luck with yours? since I had luck with mine, you'll probably have good luck with yours now
Old 09-04-08, 02:49 PM

well sorry vands but I did get all of my orders from amazon.cn...well all of the ones that were scheduled to arrive by today...and I got the package from amazon.de, as well as amazon.uk and the 3rd-party sellers I used through amazon.com and amazon.uk...oh and the package from amazon.cn that I ordered on Aug 31st...I guess I should say UPS is fast too!!

well anyway, hope your order comes soon. what all did you order?
Old 09-04-08, 03:11 PM

hey what's up? i think the first order with amazon.cn took the longest. It actually just arrived today, a day after all of the other packages. I placed that order on the 9th I believe and it went out the 10th. I think it went through the Hong Kong postal service. That is what I had originally planned on but then I got the message in Chinese with DHL being the only thing I could understand and that's what made me thing they were arriving via DHL. The UPS one actually came a day early since I was expecting it to arrive today.

In case you're curious, I'll give you a break down of the rates from amazon.cn. was first order was for 1 dido cd which cost. the cost of shipping was 20 yuan. the 37.40 total was equal to about $5.45 when I looked at my online statement with BofA. The package that I had shipped overseas express, UPS, was for the same dido cd and a norah jones cd. the cost of the 2 cds was 47.2 Yuan and the shipping was 190 Yuan so the total was 237.2. I didn't check my account for this order so i'm not quite sure how much it actually cost. i'm expecing two more orders from them which should arrive about the middle of the month.

The amazon.de package probably took a little bit over a week...about the same as amzon.fr.

you said that most of the things you ordered from amazon.de came? you're just waiting on the one book? that's good if that's the case. i mean atleast you're not waiting on all of the items
Old 09-08-08, 02:12 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I bought a book way back in April from Amazon UK and just got around to starting to read it. The glue binding the pages must not be so hot because several pages started falling out. I emailed them about it and they shipped a new copy free of charge one day later. I will always use Amazon if they keep the great customer service in the US and UK.
Old 09-08-08, 02:58 PM

yeah I have been pretty impressed with their customer service. I've called contacted them about receiving damaged...ok slightly damaged...products and they replaced them even if it was over the 30 days...I don't think they would do it all the time. for one cd, amazon just told me to keep the original and they would send me out a new one.

amazon.uk did that for 2 cds as well as a Braveheart dvd. they had arrived cracked and they just replaced them and let me keep the original.
Old 09-08-08, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My copy of Vampyr shipped on August 26th, and I still haven't received it.
Old 09-09-08, 01:46 PM

where did you order it from?
Old 09-10-08, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Er.....Amazon.co.uk?
Old 09-10-08, 02:29 AM

damn that sucks. I just ordered some more stuff from amazon.cn and I might get it before you
Old 09-14-08, 04:29 AM

that's awesome that your book finally showed up! any idea why it took so long?

well since i talked to you last, I placed another order with amazon.cn and used express overseas shipping expecting to get it by now. It actually hasn't been sent out yet so I guess it goes out the 16th and I should receive it the 19th. That's really quick, 3 days, but I was hoping that it would have gone out the day or day after I placed the order. I actually haven't been able to check my mail in about a week but I believe I received another amazon.cn order that was scheduled to arrive on the 17th.

I've also placed an order a chinese site called dangdang.com It's all in Chinese and I'm kind of having doubts. I have no idea if they've shipped it out yet. The money was taken from my account within minutes of placing the order but when I emailed them asking about the order, they replied, in Chinese, that they needed verification of the name and credit card number. I don't know how it works exactly when using a credit card for international orders. I'm kind of feeling like you were with your amazon.de order.

I also placed an order with a site called buyoyo.com. It's another chinese site but they have an option for english which is nice. I placed an order with them but not everything was in stock. Most of the items were "7 to 11" for their stock status. I feel pretty confident with them though. I'm definitely feeling confident with amazon.cn too so that's a good thing.

I should have a couple dvds coming from dvdfromkorea.com. Still waiting actually so we'll see what happens with that.

Anyway, I'm glad you were able to get your book. Did it arrive via USPS? Have you thought about trying to find contacts in other countries?

Mike
Old 09-15-08, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've had two orders arrive from amazon.co.uk before an order that shipped to me on 8/25. I emailed them and they said if it didn't show up today I can have them reship, but now I'm scared to request it because I don't want to get my account suspended.
Old 09-15-08, 03:20 PM

are you saying that you had two orders arrive from amazon.uk that were shippped AFTER 8/25, and this one that was shipped on 8/25 still hasn't arrived? What was the estimated delivery date window?

Like I said, I've contacted them about slightly damaged cases and they were really nice and sent out new ones. I saw a thread on another board about amazon closing accounts but I didn't read it. I think you'll be safe though. As long as you don't abuse it, I'm sure they're always happy to help their customers out.

If you don't mind me asking what did you order?
Old 09-16-08, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes, I ordered and it was shipped on 8/25, estimated date was 9/3. I had two orders ship after then (and a ton of other packages in general) that all arrived without a problem, so it was legit lost by the USPS. I place a lot of orders with Amazon UK (at least one a month I would say)

I ordered "Teenage Kicks" with Ade Edmonson and about 8 Hong Kong Legends flicks.
Old 09-16-08, 02:02 PM

lastdaysofrain-too bad you can't use a tracking number. have you tried to contact the USPS just to see if they could help in anyway? I actually work for the USPS in a plant and while I don't actually deal with parcels, I could see how it could have easily been sent to the wrong place. lol amazon.uk replacing 8 items? hmm...i only asked for 3...yep your account is cloooooooooooooooosed j/k good luck and keep us posted

vand-i actually got an email response from them today, in Chinese hehe and I guess they just need me to email them the first 4, last 4 and my name again so I'll humor them and hope that that gets the ball rolling

i haven't ordered anything from russia, but there is a site called the importforums that has a great list of etailers from around the world. they had a couple russian ones listed.

I'll take a look at that boleru site and unless it just scares the crap out of me, I could try and place an order to be the guinea pig
Old 09-16-08, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They don't track international packages in my experience.

Maybe someone at the USPS really wanted some R2 kung fu discs.
Old 09-16-08, 03:50 PM

lol i certainly hope that's not the case. I've heard that management or someone will actually plant money around the work area (we're in a big warehouse) just to see if they can catch people stealing. I really don't know what the trip of a parcel is like but we have this operation called 050 where we get a whole bunch of parcels/packages and we sort them by zip code. they will be yellow sacks like santa would use if he worked for the post office. well, I see the package for philadelphia for example so I throw it...I mean gently place... =) it in the philly bag, but instead i accidentally put it in the wilmington, delaware bag and I don't notice.

anyway, that's the only thing I could think of. I just say have faith in your USPS. we won't let you down!!
Old 09-19-08, 01:30 AM

hey Vand, well I received another package from amazon.cn. It arrived about a week early. I did place another order with amazon.cn but it was supposed to have gone out by now. i contacted them and in somewhat choppy english, they informed me that their system was doing a 14-17 date update or something like that. anyway, i placed the order on the 10th and I actually expected to get it around the 14th because I used UPS express overseas shipping. I'm going to wait another day and then if I don't get an email saying it's been shipped, I'll contact them again. They're pretty good with responding to emails and I appreciate them replying in English because I don't think they usually would.

I received 2 dvds from dvdfromkorea.com. That order went pretty well except I had to wait awhile for them to ship it out because I think they didn't have one of the dvds that I ordered. I'm pretty sure it was listed as in stock when I ordered it. I'll probably contact them tomorrow to see about a refund.

My order with buyoyo.com has been shipped out. I ordered 8 things, 7 of which were listed as "7 to 11" day items. I contacted them a couple times about the status and they told me they were waiting for some of the items. All of the items have come in except one which they cancelled. I didn't ask them to but it's not a big deal. They are issuing a refund. I'm pretty sure I would order from them again.

I would post a link for that site but you have to be a member to access part of the forum. the site is called theimportforums.com and the registration is just like the one for dvd.com. I checked the sites they have listed for Russia and there are only two of them. All of the etailers they list will be DVD or cd retailers. I don't know if any of them would carry books.

I haven't looked at your list but I will. I don't have a computer so I normally use the internet at a cafe. Sometimes I have only a limited time but I'll check them out and get back to you. If you have any other questions about the sites, I have used, feel free to ask.

Mike