Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DVD Planet still using bubble mailers?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-08, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, new poster here, but longtime lurker. I remember reading a post from Mark Harrill stating that DVD Planet would no longer use bubble mailers (here's a link). Even though this was back in November, my latest order has unfortunately arrived in one of these no-longer-used bubble mailers, and in the worst condition I have ever received a DVD Planet order in.

During shipping, the bubble mailer was torn open twice. One hole isn't two large (about wide enough to fit three fingers into) but the other hole, although a tight fit, is large enough to pull a DVD through. And unfortunately I suspect that may have actually happened. Of the three DVDs that shipped in this order, one of them is missing from the package, despite being listed on the packing slip as having shipped with this order. Either it was left out of the order when it shipped, or it was stolen straight out of the bubble mailer during shipping. Not only that, but the two DVDs that I did receive have obviously been put under a LOT of crushing weight, because the DVD case for one of them (pictured below) actually shattered along the upper spine, with the spine torn open several inches along the edge (tearing the cover art with it) and the back of the case cracked/splintered multiple times. The DVD itself also came loose and is now scratched as a result. The other DVD appears to have arrived without any significant outer damage, but the special digipack case it comes in has obviously flexed a bit under pressure. Even worse is the fact that this DVD was meant to be a gift, so I will not be able to open it and inspect the contents of the digipack for cracks until this weekend when its time to give the gift.

Some quick snapshots (sorry about the image quality, but I was in a hurry):

The smaller hole on the front of the package, with the corner of a DVD case poking through.

The largest hole, on the back of the package. It's a tight fit, but a DVD can be pulled through it.

Proving just how useless bubble mailers really are.

I tried emailing Mark about it a couple days ago, but so far I have yet to receive a reply. I'm hoping this order was just a fluke.

So is anybody else still receiving orders in bubble mailers?
Old 01-25-08, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow, that sucks
Old 01-25-08, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my last order of 2 dvds arrived separately in those boxes made for 1 dvd. other than that, im actually still waiting on my modest order from the 20% sale ug.