Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

store suggestions for bulk mailing supplies (for use with mailing cds, dvds, etc.)???

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

store suggestions for bulk mailing supplies (for use with mailing cds, dvds, etc.)???

Old 01-13-08, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey There;

I'm looking to pick up padded envelopes in the 6" x 9" cd/dvd mailer size, and some larger 9 1/2" x 11" size for larger boxed sets and books.

I have been using the Duck brand mailers that WalMart sells, but I know that I can score them much cheaper getting them in bulk. I'm happy buying 500-1000 of each size above.

Suggestions on good places to get em? I found one place, polylinecorp, that sells them, though shipping added about $120 to the order. (Even after shipping, the price per unit was about 1/2 of what I've been paying at Walmart)

Any suggestions are appreciated. I'm just a private seller/collector, and look forward to answers from similar people rather than employees or advertisers. Thank you!

Last edited by cgray; 01-13-08 at 06:56 PM. Reason: wanted to make title a question rather than a statement
Old 01-13-08, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

anyway i can get a mod to add a question mark to the title as it appears in the "store forum" subsection? thanks
Old 01-13-08, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 269 Likes on 205 Posts
Originally Posted by cgray
Hey There;

I'm looking to pick up padded envelopes in the 6" x 9" cd/dvd mailer size, and some larger 9 1/2" x 11" size for larger boxed sets and books.

I have been using the Duck brand mailers that WalMart sells, but I know that I can score them much cheaper getting them in bulk. I'm happy buying 500-1000 of each size above.

Suggestions on good places to get em? I found one place, polylinecorp, that sells them, though shipping added about $120 to the order. (Even after shipping, the price per unit was about 1/2 of what I've been paying at Walmart)

Any suggestions are appreciated. I'm just a private seller/collector, and look forward to answers from similar people rather than employees or advertisers. Thank you!
The 8 1/2 X 11 (#2's) are around $6.75 at Sam's club for a box of 25. The 6 X 9's (#0's) are under $6 for a box of 25. Havent seen them much cheaper than that.

So for the $120 you would pay in shipping at polylinecorp you could get 20 boxes (500) of the 6X9's or 17 boxes of the #2's
Old 01-14-08, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You can get free shipping supplies from the post office through their web site. Shipping is free too, I just had to go pick the stuff up when it came in.
Old 01-14-08, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
Shipping is free too
It took me a couple reads to figure out that you meant shipping on the materials you requested from the usps, and not free shipping on whatever you were sending out... I would have wondered.

Anyway, that's a good suggestion, too. Thanks
Old 01-15-08, 11:38 PM

About the cheapest that I have seen is on eBay, 250 6x10 padded envelopes for around $30 shipped (seller id threerb).

I've bought 3 cases from them in the last year. They are well made, but they are a little tight for DVDs. You can't fit anything wider than a single DVD case into them. I have also used them to ship VHS tapes and CDs without any problem.
Old 01-16-08, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 269 Likes on 205 Posts
Originally Posted by the biscuit man
About the cheapest that I have seen is on eBay, 250 6x10 padded envelopes for around $30 shipped (seller id threerb).

I've bought 3 cases from them in the last year. They are well made, but they are a little tight for DVDs. You can't fit anything wider than a single DVD case into them. I have also used them to ship VHS tapes and CDs without any problem.
Prices aren't bad; but $2.95 for 500 bubble mailers and then $27.95 shipping. He's definetely trying to circumvent eBAY's auction fees.
Old 01-17-08, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 244 Likes on 174 Posts
You can get free shipping supplies from the post office through their web site. Shipping is free too, I just had to go pick the stuff up when it came in.
I always order through the toll free number and they deliver the stuff right to my front door.
Old 01-17-08, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Only can be used for Priority shipping though correct?
Old 01-18-08, 03:46 PM

I used to use the USPS free boxes/envelopes, until I realized I was LOSING money. They do this so you have to use the priority shipping, which is over $2 more than how I ship everything (media/first class). Bubble Mailers are somewhat expensive for the little amount of padding they supply. What I do is buy normal 6x12 envelopes with no padding, they are a lot cheaper that way. I then roll everything in about 5 pieces of newspaper, sometimes put some cardboard in the envelope too for support. This is a whole lot cheaper than putting out the money for prebubbled envelopes.
Old 01-18-08, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 244 Likes on 174 Posts
Can those boxes specifically made for a single cd, like Amazon uses, be bought anywhere?
Old 01-18-08, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Chec k dollar stores too. I found 2 packs of $10 for a buck eacvh. High quality as well. Mind you, it was only 20 but not bad, cost me 10 cents each.
Old 01-18-08, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by riderjeff
I used to use the USPS free boxes/envelopes, until I realized I was LOSING money. They do this so you have to use the priority shipping, which is over $2 more than how I ship everything (media/first class).
Some naughty people turn the box inside out and then they can ship it however they want.
Old 01-25-08, 06:40 PM

Some naughty people turn the box inside out and then they can ship it however they want.
that's a felony. i won't suggest that option
Old 01-25-08, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
last time i checked, all priority boxes have "Priority" stamped on the inside of them.