Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Best Buy Reward Zone on Gift Cards?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-07, 03:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got this is the mail:

After December 2, 2007, points will be earned on Gift Card purchases. Transaction must be completed by 11:00 a.m. Program members cannot earn double or triple points in combination with other promotional points offers. Bonus points (as defined in the applicable rules) will not be multiplied.

So does that mean I can go buy a GC for $50, get 50 points, THAN come back and use it on something I wanted anyway for $50 and than get another 50 points? Im not trying to take advantage of anything but thats pretty damn sweet than!
Old 12-15-07, 12:16 PM

The part that confuses me is, "Transaction must be completed by 11:00am"

Does that mean that you have to buy it before 11am? I don't even know if my local store is open that early.
Old 12-15-07, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by JustinCleveland
The part that confuses me is, "Transaction must be completed by 11:00am"

Does that mean that you have to buy it before 11am? I don't even know if my local store is open that early.
Your local store IS open that early, and I imagine that that restriction is for the "EARN DOUBLE POINTS" holiday reward-- which only applies to purchases made before 11am.
Old 12-15-07, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Ravenous
So does that mean I can go buy a GC for $50, get 50 points, THAN come back and use it on something I wanted anyway for $50 and than get another 50 points? Im not trying to take advantage of anything but thats pretty damn sweet than!
No. This does not mean that you can buy a GC, get points, and THEN come back, spend it, and get more points.

Essentially, Best Buy has changed the way points are awarded re:gift cards. Now, you get points for spending real money to buy the gift cards rather than getting points to spend the gift card itself.

From the program rules:
Best Buy Reward Zone program Points will not be earned for the following: instant rebates and the value of mail-in rebates on purchases, purchases made for resale or paid by Reward Certificate or Gift Card, sales tax, state fees, shipping charges, delivery charges, restocking fees, commercial or industrial purchases, other excluded charges, and certain items that are excluded in particular promotions. As of December 2nd, 2007 Reward Zone program Points will be earned on Gift Card purchase but not on Gift Card redemption. Gift Card purchases are excluded from all double, triple and similar Point promotions. Members will earn 1 point for every $1 of Gift Card purchases. Other exclusions may apply.