Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

First timer Blockbuster total access questions

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-07, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi

I own roughly 1000 DVD's, I would never rent and purchased used but lately with rental prices so low and a large amount of bad movies I have started renting from a $1 machine per rental per day at my local grocery store, then I buy the ones I liked only.
As you know selection is becoming a problem quickly, it's only a machine, it can fit only so many DVD's.
After reading and comparing Netflix and Blockbuster plans it seems blockbuster might give me more for my money.
I have been fighting giving my money to BB since I had very bad experiences from them in the past (Imaginary past due fees, game rentals ringing higher than should have been....so on).
My first question is how fast is the turn around on 3 DVD's plan if I mail back on Monday?
If I get 5 in store exchanges, is it 5 times 3 so 15 in store DVD's? Or is it 5 DVD's only even on a 3 at a time plan?
When I return in store rentals to the store can I rent 3 more right away or do I have to wait for BBonline to send me 3 more?
Does BB send me free movie game vouchers?
I am looking at the $17.99 plan and if I can get at least 18 movies a month it's $1/movies(+ tax of course) I will definitely go for it.
We are in the Atlanta area (Is turn around good here Atlanteans?) and pretty much watch only new releases, no Blu ray or HD DVD needed at this time.

Thanks for the help

Patrick
Old 08-17-07, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My first question is how fast is the turn around on 3 DVD's plan if I mail back on Monday?

I have never mailed one back but when I return a movie to the store on Tuesday they usually mail another one by Wed. or Thursday but sometimes it takes 2 or 3 days to get them, while Netflix usually gets them to me the next day.

If I get 5 in store exchanges, is it 5 times 3 so 15 in store DVD's? Or is it 5 DVD's only even on a 3 at a time plan?

You get one in store rental for every online return you bring in when you have the unlimited but I don't know how it works with the 5 per month.

When I return in store rentals to the store can I rent 3 more right away or do I have to wait for BBonline to send me 3 more?

You can rent 1 DVD, for every online rental you bring to the store, at the time you are returning them. The online rentals are scanned in and BB sends your next selection out within a day or two.

Does BB send me free movie game vouchers?

You have to print a coupon from the BB website.

Bob
Old 08-17-07, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
It's 5 total exchanges, not 5 * # out.
Old 08-18-07, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bb

Thanks for the 2 answers so far guys, I appreciate it.

I have one more:

When you return movies to your local blockbuster store that were mailed to you, they scan them so BBonline can send you your next selection, but at that time you pick new movies from the brick and mortar blockbuster, how do you know that BBonline isn't sending you the ones that you just picked up at the blockbuster store ?
I can see myself rushing back home to remove the ones I got from my queue list before BBonline ships them to me.

Thanks again

Patrick
Old 08-18-07, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
I've had it happen 3 times where I either forget I have the movie in my queue or forget to change it. You just have to make sure you don't rent what's on your queue or change it as soon as you get home or you'll be shipped what you just rented inside the store. Last one for me was Disturbia.