Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Selling Used Stuff to DVD Planet for Store Credit?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-07, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone here done this? I shipped out some discs worth about $65 in store credit and got delivery confirmation on the package, so I know they got it Tuesday. Does anyone know what the turnaround time is for my store credit to be issued?

Also, does anyone know the process for how they issue it? I notice there is a place in my account that shows store credit balance, but I didn't even have to log into my account to use the Quote Machine and generate a quote to mail in with the package. I did have to register and received a 4-digit username. The common link with that account and my DVD Planet account is my e-mail address. Does anyone know how they go about issuing store credit and linking it to a DVD Planet account?

Thanks in advance for any answers!
Old 07-19-07, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I recently did this. It took close to a month after shipment and it just showed up on my associated account. It is about 12$ short of what was sent in as well, so I am waiting for some sort of explanation about that. I imagine some titles were rejected, but I haven't recieved any notice from them about it.
Old 07-19-07, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow, that's a flippin' lengthy turnaround. Thanks for the explanation. Perhaps they are going to take another month to send your rejected DVD(s) back.
Old 07-20-07, 04:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVD Planet received my used DVDs on June 13th and processed the payment to me on July 18th (about 35 days later). Usually, it doesn't take this long. However, you have to be patient when selling your discs. If you need quick cash, take the used discs to a local pawn shop, but you will be paid less!

As for the difference of a few pennies that were received less than the quote...that happens on every order! For some reason, if the offered price for your used DVD ends in an "8" such as $4.48, when it shows up in the cart it is posted as $4.49, but when the seller is finally paid, the payment will revert back to $4.48. That is why the payment was 12 pennies short in your store credit!

Also, DVD Planet will always send you a confirmation e-mail (receipt) after they complete processing of the purchase of your used DVDs. The message will detail what they bought from you and the total amount credited to your store account. If any DVDs were rejected, the e-mail will list these items also.

Hope this info helps!
Old 07-20-07, 06:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by oldchuckles
Also, DVD Planet will always send you a confirmation e-mail (receipt) after they complete processing of the purchase of your used DVDs. The message will detail what they bought from you and the total amount credited to your store account. If any DVDs were rejected, the e-mail will list these items also.

Hope this info helps!

Apparently not always, its been weeks since the credit showed up, but I haven't recieved any confirmation e-mail. And it was 12 dollars, not 12 pennies.
Old 07-20-07, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Did it get flagged as spam?

I always get a confirmation email... And turnaround time for me is generally ~ 10 days to a month, depending on the volume of DVDs that they need to process.
Old 07-20-07, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Johnny Zhivago
Did it get flagged as spam?

I always get a confirmation email... And turnaround time for me is generally ~ 10 days to a month, depending on the volume of DVDs that they need to process.

Not that I know of. I recieved the initial email no problem, and haven't seen anything in my spam folder. Do they return the rejected discs?
Old 07-20-07, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by starman9000
Not that I know of. I recieved the initial email no problem, and haven't seen anything in my spam folder. Do they return the rejected discs?
It says in the initial e-mail you are sent with your quote that any defective or blemished discs will be returned to you.
Old 07-20-07, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've never gotten an email from them stating they have the DVDs, and I do not see anything on their pages or initial email stating that they send a confirmation email.

I've always just logged into my account about 2 weeks after sending it, and seen the credit there.
Old 07-20-07, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Weird.

Yeah, they say that they return rejected discs but I've never had any rejected. So, I have no clue.
Old 07-20-07, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I guess Ill drop them an email to see. There was one I figured they wouldn't take but that was only for like 3$.
Old 07-23-07, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, my returned dvd's just showed up UPS, so I thats good. I'd of rather they just gave me the cost of shipping as credit though, (was a copy of Hellboy and Badder Santa). I can't seem to get rid of those anywhere. So, their communication was poor, but overall a good experience (for the patient).
Old 07-23-07, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

starman9000,

Were the returned DVDs scratched or anything? I was just wondering if it's possible in the interim between getting the quote and their receipt, if they could just decide they had too many of the title. (That would be unfair, as the sender spent the money on the shipping with the understanding they would take it.)
Old 07-23-07, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, they both had slight scratches (hellboy just a smudge type thing on the 2nd disc) I probably should have tried to resurface it, but I thought I'd be able to get in before the 20% sale was up.

I don't think they would just flake out on a trade (for example, I sent in Buck Rogers for almost 20$ credit, which they have since reduced in price from 70$ something to 20ish)
Old 07-23-07, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

starman9000,

Thanks -- I've been selective about what I send in since I thought they were pretty picky.
Old 07-23-07, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by rkndkn
starman9000,

Thanks -- I've been selective about what I send in since I thought they were pretty picky.
yeah, I figured these probably wouldn't get in, but Ive tried selling them a few times too, so figured it was worth a shot as they were basically worthless to me.
Old 07-24-07, 12:26 AM

I just want to thank the original topic creator for making this thread. I hadn't thought of selling my used DVDs to them, but I've definitely been meaning to get rid of some that I either didn't like or recently upgraded. Hopefully I'll have $81 in store credit to use on the fall's 20% off sale.