Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Deepdiscount.com change Today!!! 2/7 7:00pm CST

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Deepdiscount.com change Today!!! 2/7 7:00pm CST

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-07, 11:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know if this has anything to do with the switch over, but I just called about a return (that I sent back 6 weeks ago) and I gave the CSR my order number (which I can see in my account info) and she said that she doesn't see anything on her side. I've been fighting with DDD (or DD, whatever we are going with now) for 4 months with this item. It is completely ridiculous that I have had to wait this long to get a refund on something that was falsely advertised. The last person I talked to basically said, tough, you are just going to have to wait until we send you a refund. I said, "it's been a month." His response, "well you have to wait longer, these things take time." Complete and utter crap from DDD. I've spent a lot of money there recently, but after this type of customer service (and horror stories from others) I'm wary.
Old 02-16-07, 06:47 AM

You're not alone! I also got the same message "Unable to process your request..."

It's already the 16th. I hope we get our WishList back soon.

Originally Posted by Jaymole
I wanted to check and see if my wishlist is back but I can't access my wishlist anymore...I keep getting the message "Unable to process your request".

Hopefully this is temporary.
Old 02-16-07, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Has everybody's orders placed before the transfer moved over to the new site? I had a pre-order placed on December 21 for a March release that does not show up in my order history. Also, a more recent order from February was received, but is not in the history -- only a November order shows as closed. Wondering if my pre-order is still there somewhere!
Old 02-17-07, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by netopian
You're not alone! I also got the same message "Unable to process your request..."

It's already the 16th. I hope we get our WishList back soon.
well its the 18th here - what's happening with the wishlists ???

(wanting to check / compare a few PRICE RISES as noted in the other thread !!)
Old 02-17-07, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rkndkn
Has everybody's orders placed before the transfer moved over to the new site? I had a pre-order placed on December 21 for a March release that does not show up in my order history. Also, a more recent order from February was received, but is not in the history -- only a November order shows as closed. Wondering if my pre-order is still there somewhere!
Nope. All my orders from 2006 look to be there but none of my orders in 2007 are there except for the one placed with the coupon on the day it became DD.

Old 02-17-07, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by tonyjg
well its the 18th here - what's happening with the wishlists ???

(wanting to check / compare a few PRICE RISES as noted in the other thread !!)

mine was back earlier in the week
Old 02-17-07, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by strife
mine was back earlier in the week
not here.

might have to see about deleting the 'cookie' and see if that helps (doubt it though !!)

EDIT - Nope - cant get to wishlist from either IE 7 or Mozilla - getting that damned 'error message' !!

Last edited by tonyjg; 02-17-07 at 11:57 PM.
Old 02-19-07, 04:50 PM

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
I noticed there are no replies from DD concerning the crappy search function.

I hope they are listening to our complaints.
Old 02-20-07, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 443 Likes on 250 Posts
Still can't use or access my wishlist...
Old 02-20-07, 02:17 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
My account is finally accurate with my open orders now stating "processing." While the transition wasn't very smooth, I think I'm happier with it now.
Old 02-20-07, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Still can't use or access my wishlist...
I can't be absolutely sure but I bet that your wishlist is there. The same thing happened to me. A couple of days ago I thought that it was wierd that everyone else was getting their wishlists back and I still didn't have mine. I was going to add everything that I could remember that was in my wishlist. When I tried it made me login again and everything that I had ever put in my wishlist was there.
Old 02-20-07, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

noticed some interesting things.

my last item on backorder from the last 20% off sale was cancelled. I don't think they ever told me....

I also notice I have multiple items in my wishlist that show up as "Discontinued".

I went to dvd price search for a couple of those items and looked up who had them cheapest. I found DD listed with a decent price... Clicked the link and found a page that would allow me to add it to my wishlist or "email a friend" but not buy it... weird.
Old 02-20-07, 11:25 PM

DVD Price Search is a good way to "backdoor" your way in for items that won't show up in a DD search anymore. I accidentally removed the Oldboy tin from my wishlist but got it back through Price Search. Now if it ever comes back in stock, I'll be able to see right away. The ability to see what is in stock is one of the best added features assuming they update in real-time.
Old 02-22-07, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I can't be absolutely sure but I bet that your wishlist is there. The same thing happened to me. A couple of days ago I thought that it was wierd that everyone else was getting their wishlists back and I still didn't have mine. I was going to add everything that I could remember that was in my wishlist. When I tried it made me login again and everything that I had ever put in my wishlist was there.
Thanks, but it didn't work. I have no access to my wishlist nor can I save anything new to my wishlist.

Also my order history is still incomplete.
Old 02-22-07, 12:21 PM
DeepDiscount.com

Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions, and most importantly for your patience.

We have been busy trying to correct all of the problems that you have pointed out (I truly appreciate your input).

Here are a couple of updates:

1. We have identified the issue that not allowing some of you to access your wishlist and I hope to have this corrected by the end of day tomorrow.

2. The same is true for any of you who had trouble logging into your account.

3. We are also refining the search results. I appreciate you feedback on this issue. A separate issue that many of you have pointed out is items missing search. We're investigating that as well

4. The "cancellation" notification in your order status is also being fixed. Your orders were not actually canceled but were incorrectly updated to the site as canceled.

Again, I apologize for the confusion and thank you for your business.

Dave
Old 02-22-07, 01:11 PM
Banned

Are we ever getting that 20% off coupon?
Old 02-25-07, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
looking over my wishlist shows that almost 90% of them are discontinued. I guess I'll be saving tons of money now.
Old 02-26-07, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Still can't use or access my wishlist...this is really getting frustrating!
Old 02-26-07, 08:22 PM

Still can't use or access my wishlist...this is really getting frustrating!
part of that club as well !! taken note of the previous DDD post - so will await a result............soon !!
Old 02-28-07, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do something about your upcoming release list. It takes SOOOO much time looking through upcoming releases on HUNDREDS of pages (it seems like hundreds). At least separate it so that you can click on a particular release date. The best way would be an option to view the list as one page like on your old site (something you should consider doing for your sale items also).

Last edited by Jaymole; 02-28-07 at 09:08 AM.
Old 03-01-07, 01:01 AM

My wishlist is back!!

Just checked it today. Finally!
Old 03-01-07, 01:49 AM

OMG - got my wishlist !! thank you

oh..... could you please (if this has not been asked before) re-instate the ability to EMAIL the wishlist ??

thanks !
Old 03-09-07, 04:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 277 Likes on 231 Posts
Has anyone placed an order for books/comic TPBs only? I am curious to know how they are packed for shipping.

With amazon, if I receive a damaged TPB, I simply let them know on-line, print out a return label, and send it back, then they immediately mail me a new trade, and I am even notified when they received the package I sent back via e-mail.

No offense to DD (multi-year customer, have spent thousands over the years with them), but their return process sucks. First, you have to call, then wait for a pre-paid label, and you never know if they received the package you sent them, not to mention that there is a good chance you will have to call again to make sure they actually sent out the replacement item.

I would love to purchase TPBs from DD during their big site-wide sales, but I often have to return TPBS to Amazon due to damage, and I feel that I would be taking quite a risk/gamble ordering tpbs through DD. Considering that Amazon's discount is usually 32% for trades that are 14.99 or more, and generally 32-37% for TPBS that are 24.99 or more, well that, combined with their ease of accepting returns, means it will most likely take a few testimonials that I have nothing to worry about before placing a book/tpb order with DD.

Last edited by Inhumans99; 03-09-07 at 04:58 AM.