Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon Pricing Error - anyone charged yet?(for those sick of the attacks and arguing)

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon Pricing Error - anyone charged yet?(for those sick of the attacks and arguing)

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-07, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where is the district attorney that wants to make a name for himself? What Amazon is doing is pretty shady. They need a smackdown.
Old 05-18-07, 04:07 PM

Still here, enjoying all of my dvds. As a 23 year old guy, I never had the chance to watch Sanford & Son. Thank you Amazon, for giving me that chance.
Old 05-19-07, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by i86time
Although I haven't seen them chime in here lately, this is the part of amazon's 'strategy' that should bother even the most ardent "you're-a-jerk-for-taking-advantage-of-a-mistake" crusader. Now that scamazon has realized they cannot use the original inovices to get the money they want, they're CREATING invoices 3 months afterwards and submitting them as though they're separate purchases.
It's also damn stupid. If they are going to forge invoices, then they might as well forge the date to match the original purchase. What's the value of doing a half-assed job?
Old 05-20-07, 03:02 PM
Defunct Account

Originally Posted by wildman1037
Well, I finally got a hold of the lady. She said that Amazon shipped her some invoices on which are the correct prices, with an invoice date in March. I explained the situation and told her that I paid the agreed upon amount in December, when I ordered and subsequently received my merchandise.

Once she understood the situation, and saw the supporting invoices and shipper I had faxed into them, she said, "OK, I'll keep fighting this for you."
If anyone else has this problem, ask the CC CSR to check the shipping date on the invoice and the date that the items were received. That should give pause for thought.

"Let's see, it's the end of May and Amazon is sending an invoice from March for items shipped in December...what's wrong here."

In my case the CC company sided with me, (which I reported here) then two months later they said that they obtained additional information from Amazon. This was a printout of the original invoice, shipping date, tracking number etc. I just circled the final price (I made sure I paid something) from Amazon's own paper work, showed where I had paid that, and sent it back. The CC company (Capital One) sent me a letter a week later saying that the credits to my account were permanent. I couldn't believe that Amazon would send out an invoice to the CC company with the double credits still listed. How idiotic is that? At a minimum they should have included a letter stating that the double discount was in error and shouldn't apply.
Old 05-21-07, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I love AMEX. I wasn't going to fight and claw for my 36 bucks, but I just filed a dispute, took 10 minutes to verbally describe it to them and just heard back that I won the dispute and the charge was removed from my account.

I got a service call and they asked if I was happy with the service, and I said of course (with some more good details), but asked if Amazon put up a fight. The lady took a few minutes and brought up my file. Apparently Amazon sent them all kinds of invoices, including the doctored new invoices people are getting. The CSR I was talking with said that the notes on my file state that their invoices make no sense and Amazon was obviously trying to cover their tracks 3 months later. I asked why it took three months and they said Amazon just continually sent stuff that reopened the file each time until they said it got out of hand and they just awarded me the dispute.

It also sounds like AMEX is pretty experienced in dealing with this incident, they didn't make a big deal out of anything. It was only 36 bucks, but always good to know that AMEX does a good job, they always have for me.
Old 05-21-07, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
This is still going on? Ive already got bored with some of mine, and sold em. kept Resuce Me though
Old 05-22-07, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by cookie5409
Disputed Amazon charges on my AmEx & have received this from them.

Thank you for providing us with the necessary information
we requested. We have issued a conditional credit to
your account and have forwarded the details of your dispute
to the merchant. We will notify you of their response
within 65 days. Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Received this from Amazon today.
Greetings from Amazon.com.

We have been contacted by the issuing bank of the credit card presented
for an order placed on your Amazon.com account. This charge
has been disputed and the bank has demanded payment from us. The
disputed charge will appear as a refund on your credit card statement.

Don't know if this means Amazon has given up or not. However, checking another credit card today I see a $1.00 pending charge from Amazon & I haven't ordered anything from them since Feb. Could the it be that they are intending to charge this credit card with these orders & the $1.00 temp charge is just to test that the card is good. Has anyone else had this happen?
The fight still continues for me. Received papers from Amex that Amazon is claiming that the charges are valid. I am to review the info provided by the merchant & if I still continue to maintain that the charge is unauthorized I am to sign the statement & return it. The merchant states that they enclosed the documentation itemizing what this charge is for.
Enclosed is invoice for my order showing the charge as $3.39 & an email as showing the charge as $3.39 for my order. So how can Amazon justify a $53.99 charge with this documentation?This is just unbelievable. This is Amazon's proof of the $53.99 charge? Didn't the cc company examine this before sending it to me? I am returning this with a letter explaining this mess & hope that someone with a brain gets it this time.
Old 05-22-07, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I finally received an answer on my dispute. Amazon Visa has decided to issue me a refund for 3 orders in the amount of $105! I also had a fourth order but for some reason Amazon didn't charge me for that one. I don't understand why it has taken them so long to come to a decision but at least I'm satisfied they are siding with me. Will see what Amazon does next when they get the news they have to refund Visa for the charges. Hopefully this is the end of it.
Old 05-23-07, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Checked my credit card account today and the refunds were already posted and credited to my account.

05/22/2007 Return Amazon.com(Services and Merchandise) $-21.99
05/22/2007 Return Amazon.com(Services and Merchandise) $-47.45
05/22/2007 Return Amazon.com(Services and Merchandise) $-35.99
Old 05-31-07, 12:26 AM

Hi. I was directed to this post from another board. Something sort of like this has happened recently to me and others because of amazon's errors and they are unwilling to take responsibility for their mistakes. I have set up a petition and encourage everyone to sign it and write your story in the comments section. Do not let them get away with this nonsense over and over again! PLEASE HELP ME PASS THIS ALONG! Sign and please forward to friends and family and ask them to sign and pass along as well. I hope to be able to forward this to amazon.com executive headquarters within the next week or so but I still have a long way to go. I appreciate any help! Thanks so much!

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/scamazon/petition.html
Sign and pass along please!!!
Old 05-31-07, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks Lasermovies....I paid these charges and just forgot about them...so I decided to e-mail them about it. I just received this message today.

Hello XXXX,

We are writing in response to your most recent inquiry
regarding your account listed below:

Account Number: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

02/13/2007 Amazon.com $35.99 of $35.99
02/13/2007 Amazon.com $44.99 of $47.45
02/13/2007 Amazon.com $31.99 of $31.99
02/13/2007 Amazon.com $39.99 of $39.99

02/13/2007 Amazon.com $17.98 of $39.99
02/13/2007 Amazon.com $29.49 of $29.99
02/13/2007 Amazon.com $36.49 of $36.77

We have investigated your disputes that appeared on your
credit card account on the above mentioned dates.

We have resolved these disputes and issued credits to your
account for the amounts of the charges. You will see them
on your subsequent billing statement.

If the merchant's bank sends us evidence that the charges
are valid, we may re-bill your account and notify you of
our resolution.

Thank you for the opportunity to assist in this matter.
Old 06-01-07, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by rainbobrite1431
Hi. I was directed to this post from another board. Something sort of like this has happened recently to me and others because of amazon's errors and they are unwilling to take responsibility for their mistakes. I have set up a petition and encourage everyone to sign it and write your story in the comments section. Do not let them get away with this nonsense over and over again! PLEASE HELP ME PASS THIS ALONG! Sign and please forward to friends and family and ask them to sign and pass along as well. I hope to be able to forward this to amazon.com executive headquarters within the next week or so but I still have a long way to go. I appreciate any help! Thanks so much!

Your petition is way too vague. Without knowing just WTF you are talking about, ain't no way I'm signing that. As if it would make a difference anyway.
Old 06-01-07, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by U6C84
Thanks Lasermovies....I paid these charges and just forgot about them...so I decided to e-mail them about it. I just received this message today.

Hello XXXX,

We are writing in response to your most recent inquiry
regarding your account listed below:

Account Number: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

02/13/2007 Amazon.com $44.99 of $47.45
02/13/2007 Amazon.com $31.99 of $31.99

02/13/2007 Amazon.com $17.98 of $39.99
02/13/2007 Amazon.com $29.49 of $29.99
02/13/2007 Amazon.com $36.49 of $36.77

We have investigated your disputes that appeared on your
credit card account on the above mentioned dates.

We have resolved these disputes and issued credits to your
account for the amounts of the charges. You will see them
on your subsequent billing statement.

If the merchant's bank sends us evidence that the charges
are valid, we may re-bill your account and notify you of
our resolution.

Thank you for the opportunity to assist in this matter.
I received a very similar letter in the mail yesterday from Visa that basically said the same thing. So far I have not heard anything more about it. If they thoroughly investigated it I don't know what more Amazon could do to prove the charges were valid to charge me all over again. However I will keep a close watch on my account to make sure Amazon doesn't add new charges.

Since I immediately put the charges in dispute I never actually paid them since it wasn't required by my credit card company. So the actual refund posted to my account only meant I would not have to pay anything out of my pocket.
Old 06-01-07, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Awesome...

02/12/2007 05/31/2007 Return Amazon.com(Services and Merchandise)
$-44.99

$-39.99

$-35.99

$-29.49

$-17.98

$-35.99

$-36.49

$-31.99

$-39.99
Now I have $290 or so extra that they still owe me because my card was paid off. So it's like free money!
Old 06-04-07, 01:00 PM

Received this email from Amazon today

Greetings from Amazon.com.

We have been contacted by the issuing bank of the credit card presented
for an order placed on your Amazon.com account. This charge
has been disputed and the bank has demanded payment from us. The
disputed charge will appear as a refund on your credit card statement.

Please contact us as soon as possible to provide an alternate payment
method for the amount in question.

Your Order: #

Transaction Date: 02/12/2007

Amount in Dispute: $29.99

Item in Order: Eveready Heavy Duty 1215BP-4 AA Batte

So even though my credit card has sided with me, Amazon still wants their money. I know that lots of you have won the dispute with their credit card co. but did you receive this email from Amazon? Did you ignore the email? Did they close your account? I have Amazon Prime that I paid for & if they close my account I can open another one but I will lose my Amazon Prime. I have deleted all my payment methods from my account & I will use vcc# for any orders. My sister had the same thing happen to her & in the email they sent her they closed her account until so pays them.

Also if you noticed the order is for $29.99 & consisted of an Eveready battery. Boy those batteries are expensive aren't they?
Old 06-04-07, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's almost been 2 weeks since I won my dispute and so far no word from Amazon yet. If they want to close my account it is fine by me. However they would get their money back quicker if they did nothing and recouped it from profits on future purchases. When you look at my entire purchase history at Amazon they haven't lost any money from all the purchases I made through the years. If they want to keep playing games I will most likely cancel my Amazon Visa card and take my business elsewhere.

I don't know if having Amazon Prime makes a difference, but Amazon may believe they have some leverage on collecting money since it is a customer paid service. I did a free prime trial late last year but didn't sign up. I'm glad I didn't now since this happened.
Old 06-04-07, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by rainbobrite1431

Get a life, If you don't want to buy from them, then don't...

DG

Last edited by disneyguy; 06-05-07 at 05:11 AM.
Old 06-04-07, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts
Boy those batteries are expensive aren't they?
Well, obviously they are rechargeable.
Old 06-12-07, 02:00 PM

The fight still continues for me. Received papers from Amex that Amazon is claiming that the charges are valid. I am to review the info provided by the merchant & if I still continue to maintain that the charge is unauthorized I am to sign the statement & return it. The merchant states that they enclosed the documentation itemizing what this charge is for.
Enclosed is invoice for my order showing the charge as $3.39 & an email as showing the charge as $3.39 for my order. So how can Amazon justify a $53.99 charge with this documentation?This is just unbelievable. This is Amazon's proof of the $53.99 charge? Didn't the cc company examine this before sending it to me? I am returning this with a letter explaining this mess & hope that someone with a brain gets it this time.
The saga continues. Today I received two more letters from my credit card company that Amazon is claiming the charges are valid. This time however they didn't include my order email & invoices but something called a "CNP Merchant Facsimile Draft/Authorization Log".
On it it gives info such as
Transaction Information
Transaction date 02/12/07
Transaction Amount $53.99

Authorization Information
Authorization Date
02/12/07
Auth. Amount $53.99
Auth. Time 14:43:26
Transaction Type Mail/Phone order

This makes it loook like I placed an order on 2/12 & authorized the charge. What will Amazon come up with next? I am really getting fed up with Amazon. Why not tell the credit card co. that they made an error with their BOGOF sale & it took off the discount twice instead of once & that was the problem with the order amounts on 12/23 I could understand. But to come up with this stuff. I just hope this is over soon.
Old 06-12-07, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm amazed Amazon is going through all the trouble over one order. Especially since some people had quite a few orders and Amazon did nothing to them. However from the beginning Amazon wasn't consistent in how they handled this from person to person anyway. The way it's going some may be fighting this up to the one year anniversary.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 06-12-07 at 04:19 PM.
Old 06-18-07, 10:07 PM

My charges were finally permanently reversed last week. I'll never buy another thing from Amazon as long as I live.
Old 06-19-07, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by defiance_17
My charges were finally permanently reversed last week. I'll never buy another thing from Amazon as long as I live.
Don't worry. In the past month, I've more than made up your share.
Old 06-19-07, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Jah-Wren Ryel
You see the title of this thread?
The part where it says "for those sick of the attacks and arguing"?
That means you and disneyguy don't belong here.
I will post where I want, thanks.
Old 06-19-07, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by defiance_17
I'm sure they prefer glitch abusers to not order as well.

Win win situation!
Old 06-20-07, 12:10 AM
X
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by Lunatikk
I will post where I want, thanks.
No you won't, because you're threadcrapping here.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.