Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon Pricing Error - anyone charged yet?(for those sick of the attacks and arguing)

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon Pricing Error - anyone charged yet?(for those sick of the attacks and arguing)

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-07, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd call the CC company RIGHT NOW and ask for a new card. Make sure you specifically say that you have not charged anything and that all charges should be declined (say you lost it if that helps).
Old 04-30-07, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by xNightfallx
Um, it's not like they don't have all this info on their end already. And as I said above, I think that the only reason I got this promotional discount was because Amazon was sorry for all the trouble they out me through. What other reason could there POSSIBLY be? How am I in the wrong when all I did was add an item to my cart, and checkout? I didn't "knoqingly defraud" them, I saw that they were sorry, and I accepted their appology.
I would have posted this deal for everyone, but in all honesty, I really wanted to give Amazon a big FU, and I knew that if it got posted here, it would have been caught and fixed very quick.
You're being incredibly disingenuous here.
Old 04-30-07, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cookie5409
Don't know if this means Amazon has given up or not. However, checking another credit card today I see a $1.00 pending charge from Amazon & I haven't ordered anything from them since Feb. Could the it be that they are intending to charge this credit card with these orders & the $1.00 temp charge is just to test that the card is good. Has anyone else had this happen?
Did you have more than one card on file with your Amazon account? I would certainly keep an eye on it and if any charges get posted jump on it quickly with your credit card company. From what I've seen and learned from this whole fiasco with Amazon is almost anything can happen.
Old 04-30-07, 06:42 PM

Disputed Amazon charges on my AmEx & have received this from them.

Thank you for providing us with the necessary information
we requested. We have issued a conditional credit to
your account and have forwarded the details of your dispute
to the merchant. We will notify you of their response
within 65 days. Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Received this from Amazon today.
Greetings from Amazon.com.

We have been contacted by the issuing bank of the credit card presented
for an order placed on your Amazon.com account. This charge
has been disputed and the bank has demanded payment from us. The
disputed charge will appear as a refund on your credit card statement.

Don't know if this means Amazon has given up or not. However, checking another credit card today I see a $1.00 pending charge from Amazon & I haven't ordered anything from them since Feb. Could the it be that they are intending to charge this credit card with these orders & the $1.00 temp charge is just to test that the card is good. Has anyone else had this happen?
Man, I don't know who has bigger ones, Amazon or Nightfall? I removed the other cards associated w/ my Amazon account in case they try to pull this junk after I get the erroneous charges reversed. So, am I the only one who plans on filing a complaint with the attorney generals of Washington and my home state over this?
Old 04-30-07, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by WallyOPD
You're being incredibly disingenuous here.

Hey, he kept his story straight for over 12 hours. That has to count for something.
Old 04-30-07, 09:18 PM

One thing to think about in all of this. I learned this at a previous job, from what I heard and saw (and no I did not have this happen to me):

There are some things that you just take to the grave with you, no matter what what it is, no matter how much you want to mention it or how dire it may be, you just keep it to yourself.

Just my 2 "fully copper" pennies.
Old 04-30-07, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Hey xNightfallx, I am shocked that you found a sale at Amazon that no one else on Talk was able to find. How many days was this sale going on, because I check Amazon everyday for boxset sales and I never saw it.
Old 04-30-07, 09:54 PM

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135793

That's where I found out about it.
Old 04-30-07, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

xNightfallx, I'm speechless.
Old 05-01-07, 12:30 AM
Suspended

that's my thread

/proud

i wouldn't have tried it b/c i don't want to fight with `zon but that rules
Old 05-01-07, 10:22 PM

Well, with the new BOGO sale that Amazon now has, I can see it now....

as the spider said to the fly -- come into my web......

Now that you got a deal, we're going to get our money back from the last time, bawhahahahahahh... that's a good credit card you have there.... and you thought you were going to get the same deal -- WRONG!
Old 05-02-07, 12:14 AM

...which is why if you ever DO want to order from Amazon, a prepaid Visa card or other alternative is the way to go. Don't give them any numbers that are attached to accounts you have.
Old 05-04-07, 10:36 AM

Well, my credits were finally issued. Now, I guess I just wait for Amazon to try and re-charge that card or one of the others I had on file and start it all over again.

http://www.atg.wa.gov/FileAComplaint.aspx
Old 05-04-07, 06:45 PM

My sister received this from email from Amazon

Consequently, we have placed a hold on your account. We cannot process
further orders until we receive payment for the orders that
were sent in the past.

Has anyone else had their account placed on hold because of this fiasco? She tried to sign in at Amazon & couldn't so when she clicked on forget password & entered her email she got this message- Important Message
We're sorry, we don't seem to have an account associated with "her email"
Old 05-04-07, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Well, I haven't made a single purchase there since the debacle, despite a couple of tempting sales. Does that count?
Old 05-04-07, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

No hold or emails or anything for me. I can still sign into the site with no problem. They've left me alone since I disputed and got my money back.

I've also stuck to my word so far. I've not done any business with them at all. In fact, just now was the first time I've even signed into the account since all this happened.
Old 05-04-07, 10:53 PM

Ironically, I asked Amazon to close my account before I even did the chargeback, and they never did it. After getting the runaround from their inept customer service department, they finally just stopped responding to my e-mails. My account is still active and they keep sending me promotional e-mails. Hopefully now that my chargebacks are complete they'll actually close my account like i originally asked!
Old 05-05-07, 07:35 AM
Defunct Account

Like Jah-Wren, I haven't bought anything since this started either. I just logged in now with no problems however. Has you sister tried to create a new account Cookie?
Old 05-05-07, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Fight the power, Brothers!
Old 05-06-07, 01:29 AM
Suspended

My sister received this from email from Amazon

Consequently, we have placed a hold on your account. We cannot process
further orders until we receive payment for the orders that
were sent in the past.

Has anyone else had their account placed on hold because of this fiasco? She tried to sign in at Amazon & couldn't so when she clicked on forget password & entered her email she got this message- Important Message
We're sorry, we don't seem to have an account associated with "her email"
She could just register with Amazon using a different e-mail addy. She, of course, would likely want to use a different credit card with her new account as well.
Old 05-18-07, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My charges were reversed a couple of months ago, after a successful dispute. Received a message on my machine yesterday from the dispute department of my credit card company. Lady left a message asking me to call her back regarding a dispute with Amazon.com.

Dare I say, "Here we go again..."
Old 05-18-07, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by wildman1037
My charges were reversed a couple of months ago, after a successful dispute. Received a message on my machine yesterday from the dispute department of my credit card company. Lady left a message asking me to call her back regarding a dispute with Amazon.com.

Sounds ominous. Let us know how it goes.

Funny, each time I see an update to this thread, I'm waiting for xNightfallx to report that he's being shipped to Guantanamo Bay or something like that due to his haul from this fiasco...
Old 05-18-07, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's still going on for me. Believe it or not I'm still waiting for Amazon Visa to make a final decision.
Old 05-18-07, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, I finally got a hold of the lady. She said that Amazon shipped her some invoices on which are the correct prices, with an invoice date in March. I explained the situation and told her that I paid the agreed upon amount in December, when I ordered and subsequently received my merchandise.

Once she understood the situation, and saw the supporting invoices and shipper I had faxed into them, she said, "OK, I'll keep fighting this for you."
Old 05-18-07, 02:28 PM

Well, I finally got a hold of the lady. She said that Amazon shipped her some invoices on which are the correct prices, with an invoice date in March. I explained the situation and told her that I paid the agreed upon amount in December, when I ordered and subsequently received my merchandise.

Once she understood the situation, and saw the supporting invoices and shipper I had faxed into them, she said, "OK, I'll keep fighting this for you."

Although I haven't seen them chime in here lately, this is the part of amazon's 'strategy' that should bother even the most ardent "you're-a-jerk-for-taking-advantage-of-a-mistake" crusader. Now that scamazon has realized they cannot use the original inovices to get the money they want, they're CREATING invoices 3 months afterwards and submitting them as though they're separate purchases.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.