Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DDD 20% sale extended to 11/23/06!!!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-06, 10:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got an email from deepdiscountdvd that they've extended their annual 20% sale. Isn't this a first for them to do this type of extension?

Last edited by TheDoug; 11-17-06 at 11:12 PM.
Old 11-18-06, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't know, but I'm ecstatic about the news because I haven't had a chance to order yet. Thanks for the reminder!
Old 11-18-06, 05:01 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I did a comparison with about a dozen dvd's I wanted. With Columbia House's current, buy 1 get 1 free and everything else is 50% with free shipping, I found them to be cheaper than DDD. Not by much, but just enough that I went with them for my order.
Old 11-20-06, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts
I didn't buy a thing this sale...the deals weren't nearly as tempting as in years' past...the sale has gone from an 'in-the-know' status to mainstream marketing and it's no longer as appetizing...but that's just me...
Old 11-20-06, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dan1boy
I didn't buy a thing this sale...the deals weren't nearly as tempting as in years' past...the sale has gone from an 'in-the-know' status to mainstream marketing and it's no longer as appetizing...but that's just me...
Maybe it will be the last 20% off sale since they are going to put together DDD and DDDCD and add Books to that in 2007. I used a few codes this time but nothing like I used to. I guess maybe people arent ordering as much as before and thats why they extended it?

Old 11-27-06, 01:04 AM

I placed an additional order once DDD extended the sale. It accepted the coupon code SUPERSALE with a 20% discount, but then they charged my card full price without the discount. I e-mailed DDD and they refused to correct the charge, stating "As per our records the 20% discount can be applied only once and you had already used the discount for the order# xxxxx." Looks like I'll have to file a dispute with my bank. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 11-27-06, 05:09 AM
Banned

Sounds like DDD did not do as well as they hoped...I never did care for them, their shipping methods are horrible...
Old 11-27-06, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Wildo1966
Sounds like DDD did not do as well as they hoped...I never did care for them, their shipping methods are horrible...
And free. You get what you pay for. As has been beaten into atomic particles EVERY SINGLE TIME this sale comes up, if you don't care to wait for shipping, DDD is NOT for you.