Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

New Blockbuster Online program?!?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

New Blockbuster Online program?!?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-06, 01:34 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Of course everyone starts at a different time. That is not the point. The instore coupons should ONLY end when each period ends, for each individual. There should not be ONE cutoff date for everyone. If you paid for your month, you should get a months worth on in-store weekly coupons.

If you read there [sic] FAQ...
does it say...
that coupons would stop...
for everyone at once...
Old 11-29-06, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 606 Likes on 437 Posts

Remove “Superman Returns [HD]” from Queue
Superman Returns [HD]

Coming Soon

Move “Slither [HD]” to top of Queue
Remove “Slither [HD]” from Queue
Slither [HD]
R

Short Wait

Move “How the Grinch Stole Christmas [HD]” to top of Queue
Remove “How the Grinch Stole Christmas [HD]” from Queue
How the Grinch Stole Christmas [HD]
PG

Coming Soon

Move “Felicity” to top of Queue
Remove “Felicity” from Queue
Felicity

Coming Soon

Move “Perils of Gwendoline [Unrated]” to top of Queue
Remove “Perils of Gwendoline [Unrated]” from Queue
Perils of Gwendoline [Unrated]
NR

Very Long Wait

Move “Break-Up [HD]” to top of Queue
Remove “Break-Up [HD]” from Queue
Break-Up [HD]
PG13

Long Wait

Move “Galaxina [HD]” to top of Queue
Remove “Galaxina [HD]” from Queue
Galaxina [HD]
R

Coming Soon

Move “Playboy: Corporate Fantasy” to top of Queue
Remove “Playboy: Corporate Fantasy” from Queue
Playboy: Corporate Fantasy
R

Long Wait

Move “Playboy: The Model Solution” to top of Queue
Remove “Playboy: The Model Solution” from Queue
Playboy: The Model Solution

Very Long Wait

Move “Mutiny on the Bounty [HD]” to top of Queue
Remove “Mutiny on the Bounty [HD]” from Queue
Mutiny on the Bounty [HD]
NR

Coming Soon

theres my current Q.
4 are listed as coming soon that should be available for rent.

i'm alsi finding the stre checkin doesnt work for me.
they dont send out the next oe till the previous gets there and the store checkd in dvd doesnt hw as chcked in until the previous gets there by mail.
Old 11-30-06, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 256 Likes on 179 Posts
I often find that titles don't become available until a week to several weeks after their release at Blockbuster and Netflix. Netflix just recently got the last Bogart Collection that came out a month ago. Blockbuster didn't get it at all(yet anyway). Haven't run across this at Blockbuster, but Netflix isn't getting all the titles in a set either. They finally got that Bogart set but not Passage to Marseille. They did get the Rock Hudson set when released but don't have The Spiral Road from the set. Go figure?

Last edited by rw2516; 11-30-06 at 07:15 PM.
Old 12-01-06, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,014 Likes on 1,560 Posts
The weekly, movie-only coupons, I can see as being fairly useless except for the case where you want to rent a movie badly and don't have one to return. Now if they ever take away my monthly game-or-movie coupons...
Old 12-01-06, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
#1-4 were available now, and I got #6 shipped. Still waiting for one more to leave the nest.

This happens to me ALL the time. I cant stand it. And I just dont understand why this is the case.
Old 12-01-06, 02:07 PM

crap, Total Access isn't available in my 10 local stores. Apparently, they're all franchise stores and aren't participating in the program.
Old 12-01-06, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Gasspasser
This happens to me ALL the time. I cant stand it. And I just dont understand why this is the case.
the way it was explained to me...

dvds available at your closest distribution center get top priority. so if a dvd is not avilable from your closest center, they will go down your queue to find one that is, before branching out to other distrib centers.

at least this is what they told me.
Old 12-01-06, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Gasspasser

Same here. The movie at the top of my queue is available now. It's also one that I really wabt to get. It's been skipped over several times now. I e-mailed Blockbuster hoping that there'd be some way to ensure it gets shipped next but was told that the picking system is all automated and there's nothing I can do to change it. I got an e-coupon for a free in-store rental but they don't carry the title in-store so that kind of defeats the purpose.
Old 12-04-06, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whoa....I still get TWO free GAME/MOVIE coupons a month. If they take those away, that will suck...I will reduce my membership to 1 or 2 at a time.

i basically rent HD-DVDs now, and use the in-store TOTAL ACCESS for regular DVD.

HOWEVER, some HDDVD's are still Coming Soon (Superman Returns / Ant Bully). We'll see how the next week proceeds. I think my membership start date is the 4th or 5th. They do seem slower lately...but some arrive fast, who knows anymore.
Old 12-04-06, 09:20 AM

I get the feeling that BB is limiting renters to three online rentals a week hence the slow turn-around when returned in-store. When I returned three on-line rentals last Tuesday, I received three more from my queue later that week. It makes sense from a business point-of-view to limit three a week if you can grab three more in-store.
Old 12-04-06, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
i basically rent HD-DVDs now, and use the in-store TOTAL ACCESS for regular DVD.

HOWEVER, some HDDVD's are still Coming Soon (Superman Returns / Ant Bully). We'll see how the next week proceeds. I think my membership start date is the 4th or 5th. They do seem slower lately...but some arrive fast, who knows anymore.
I just switched back to Netflix because BB's HD-DVD selection was awful at best. The release dates were never correct, and just about everything that was released in the last 2 months was long wait to very long wait. I liked the convenience of swapping them out in store, but that was just too much.
Old 12-04-06, 11:58 AM
X
Administrator

Received 161 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by FILMCZY
I get the feeling that BB is limiting renters to three online rentals a week hence the slow turn-around when returned in-store. When I returned three on-line rentals last Tuesday, I received three more from my queue later that week. It makes sense from a business point-of-view to limit three a week if you can grab three more in-store.
Surprising, since you're in Sacramento which is where my movies come from and I'm in the Bay Area so the mail takes an extra day to get to me. I got two 3-disc shipments per week over the last two weeks and that's really pressing my movie viewing ability.
Old 12-04-06, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I still want to keep BB, since I get free GAME rentals and I like the in-store exchange.

However, the HD-DVD selection is horrible...ALL the 11/28/06 releases are still COMING SOON. (Superman's in particular)
Old 12-04-06, 04:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by FILMCZY
I think you may be right. I returned two discs to my local Blockbuster store on Friday night. Nothing was shipped out on Saturday, even though the online customer service claims that they now send on Saturday. Today, one of the movies I returned was removed from my queue, while the other remains. They did not ship me anything today. This is the second time this situation has occurred to me.
Old 12-05-06, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, I just got my NEW online coupons...I STILL get my TWO game/movie rentals....that is a bonus. HOWEVER, the HD-DVD selection is still horrible. Superman Returns/Superman1/2 are STILL Coming Soon. Now, Miami Vice is the same

Horrible, but I don't want to switch yet because the game coupons are worth $8 each essentially.
Old 12-05-06, 12:32 PM

My blockbuster just changed return time for movies from midnight to noon. That means there is no way I'll have more on-line movies to exchange out when I return the in-store ones. This means more trips to blockbuster(which is not close for me). I might just have to go back to mailing them in unless there is something I just have to see on release day.
Old 12-05-06, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DVDpackrat
My blockbuster just changed return time for movies from midnight to noon. That means there is no way I'll have more on-line movies to exchange out when I return the in-store ones. This means more trips to blockbuster(which is not close for me). I might just have to go back to mailing them in unless there is something I just have to see on release day.
Not sure how this changes anything. My Blockbuster has always had return times at noon, but you can keep it an extra few days anyway, right?
Old 12-05-06, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, my Blockbuster still has the return whenever you want thing....you can always be a few days late.
Old 12-05-06, 03:30 PM

From 12/5-21, Blockbuster is offering a free rental to Netflix customers for each envelope address flap they bring in to participating Total Access stores.

http://money.cnn.com/2006/12/05/news...reut/index.htm
Old 12-05-06, 03:38 PM

No I can't keep it an extra few days, if not returned by noon on the second day, it's like $2.49 per movie per day.
Old 12-05-06, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Wow, a Blockbuster that (until recently) had return deadlines at midnight and doesn't have the no-late-fees policy anymore? Are they a corporate store?
Old 12-05-06, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by fujishig
Wow, a Blockbuster that (until recently) had return deadlines at midnight and doesn't have the no-late-fees policy anymore? Are they a corporate store?
Not sure what they are, but they suck.
Old 12-07-06, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow, they STILL don't have the 2 week old HD-DVD movies...sheesh. I'll never see Superman Returns at this rate.
Old 12-07-06, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
Wow, they STILL don't have the 2 week old HD-DVD movies...sheesh. I'll never see Superman Returns at this rate.
Personally I think Blockbuster and Netflix are both bad right now with HD-DVDs. Blockbuster takes a while to get them in. Netflix gets them, but they get far to little copies compared to the demand.
Old 12-07-06, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I've stuck with it for an extra month after the 2 week trial, but I have to agree the HD DVD support is very spotty and the DVDs seem to take 3-4 days to get to me. The free in store rental is nice, but I rarely want anything they rent at the store.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.