Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

New Blockbuster Online program?!?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

New Blockbuster Online program?!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-07, 07:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fujishig
Several times I've returned a disc as damaged/unplayable, only to get another unplayable one (most likely the same one)
That is something that really pisses me off about Blockbuster. They will just keep sending you the same damn disc that you've reported as damaged. The first time this happened to me (several times with the same disc), I contacted customer service and they made sure that I received a new disc. But now I don't bother. If I receive a damaged disc, I just send it back and rent something else.

jpb07, you obviously deserved to have your account canceled.
Old 05-24-07, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

How do you report the dvd as returned to the store? Do you just click the "I returned the DVD through the mail but it has not cleared my queue" option?
Old 05-24-07, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Krayzie
How do you report the dvd as returned to the store? Do you just click the "I returned the DVD through the mail but it has not cleared my queue" option?
yep.. thats the only way...
Old 05-29-07, 06:40 PM

I've been trying to get Nightwatch (1994) from blockbuster online and they kept sending me the wrong disc, Night Watch (2005). After receiving the wrong disc for the second time in a row, I emailed customer service and got a nice response within a few hours. They want me to allow them two weeks before they can correct the problem at their distribution center(s) and sent me two free movie/game coupons.

I just got the wrong disc in the mail again today. I've given up getting on Nightwatch (1994) via blockbuster and will it from Netflix. The only good thing about total access is that when you receive the wrong disc or it arrives damaged you can exchange it at your local store. I'm off to the local store to return two rentals and exchange the wrong disc and redeem one of the coupons for two more rentals.

BTW the local store keeps pushing these $1.99 coupons, why should I pay $1.99 plus tax when I can get free rentals via total access?
Old 05-29-07, 08:09 PM
X
Administrator

Received 161 Likes on 128 Posts
Blockbuster has a deal where you pay $6 and for 30 days, each day you rent a movie you can get a soda, popcorn, or candy up to a $1.99 value. Returning a Blockbuster Online movie and using it to rent a new movie counts as a rental.

That's a lot of Snickers bars...
Old 06-01-07, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks for the heads up on that X. I saw that yesterday, and will definitely get in on it next time.

Question for anyone who can answer me.

I went in to the B&M to exchange yesterday, and noticed there is no mailers. Is it possible to get back to mailing, or after you swap in store is that it, B&M forever?
Old 06-01-07, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Daniel-A
Thanks for the heads up on that X. I saw that yesterday, and will definitely get in on it next time.

Question for anyone who can answer me.

I went in to the B&M to exchange yesterday, and noticed there is no mailers. Is it possible to get back to mailing, or after you swap in store is that it, B&M forever?
Reading a few post above me I think I got the answer.
Old 06-01-07, 02:31 PM

Daniel-A: You always have the option, you can return to the store or mail it in yourself, its up to you. If you want, you can drop it in at the store and they'll check it in so your movies should ship faster too.

Originally Posted by X
Blockbuster has a deal where you pay $6 and for 30 days, each day you rent a movie you can get a soda, popcorn, or candy up to a $1.99 value. Returning a Blockbuster Online movie and using it to rent a new movie counts as a rental.

That's a lot of Snickers bars...
It also works on two liters of Coke, Diet Coke, Fanta, and Sprite as well as Powerade, Full Throttle, and Rockstar energy drinks. At least it does at my store; that seems like the best way to abuse it to me.

Last edited by tasog37; 06-01-07 at 02:33 PM.
Old 06-01-07, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Okay new

I just started the free month. 3 (Flags of our Fathers, Because I said so, Freedom Writers) movies were sent out to me. Yesterday I returned 2 in store and got 2 others (Apocalypto, Babel). I logged into the site before my post after X, and saw that my original 3 still show checked out. After reading the thread here, I clicked report problem on one of the 2 I returned (thought that may be how to show it as returned in store, but it wasn't). When I got back to the main screen it now shows they sent out a 4th movie (The Protector).

I'm using the generic trial, which I believe is 3 out at a time. Was them sending a 4th movie, caused by clicking the error button? And can I just go about exchanging the movies in store and keep the 4 out?
Old 06-01-07, 02:55 PM

Okay new

I just started the free month. 3 (Flags of our Fathers, Because I said so, Freedom Writers) movies were sent out to me. Yesterday I returned 2 in store and got 2 others (Apocalypto, Babel). I logged into the site before my post after X, and saw that my original 3 still show checked out. After reading the thread here, I clicked report problem on one of the 2 I returned (thought that may be how to show it as returned in store, but it wasn't). When I got back to the main screen it now shows they sent out a 4th movie (The Protector).

I'm using the generic trial, which I believe is 3 out at a time. Was them sending a 4th movie, caused by clicking the error button? And can I just go about exchanging the movies in store and keep the 4 out?
No. Your queue shows 4 out because BBO has not received your returned 3 dvds yet. As soon as they are received, your queue will show 1 shipped.
Old 06-01-07, 06:37 PM

my online account is working right again...
when I return a movie.. the system will send out my next movie that night or the next morning... all by itself...
Old 06-01-07, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by FILMCZY
No. Your queue shows 4 out because BBO has not received your returned 3 dvds yet. As soon as they are received, your queue will show 1 shipped.
I don't get it. I have 3 (Apocalypto, Freedom Writers, Babel) right now. And now my online account shows they have sent 2 more (Letters from Iwo Jima disc 1, The Protector). Either they are lying/wrong about sending the 2 others, or I'm gonna have 5 out.
Old 06-01-07, 10:17 PM
Cool New Member

I don't get it. I have 3 (Apocalypto, Freedom Writers, Babel) right now. And now my online account shows they have sent 2 more (Letters from Iwo Jima disc 1, The Protector). Either they are lying/wrong about sending the 2 others, or I'm gonna have 5 out.
The way they do it, they still show your original 3 as checked out until they actually receive it back. So by returning to the store, basically, the website knows that your original 3 are en route so they can send out more. When they physically arrive at their destination, they will delete themselves from the queue. So you may see up to 6 at a time out in the website, but you won't ever have more than 3 at your house.

Hope that made sense.
Old 06-01-07, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by codenamexen
The way they do it, they still show your original 3 as checked out until they actually receive it back. So by returning to the store, basically, the website knows that your original 3 are en route so they can send out more. When they physically arrive at their destination, they will delete themselves from the queue. So you may see up to 6 at a time out in the website, but you won't ever have more than 3 at your house.

Hope that made sense.
I'm guessing it is as much sense as I'll get. I just don't see why they would say they sent 2 more out when I still have 3 out. Guess it is just their system. Still liking the service.
Old 06-03-07, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Update: I do in fact have 4 out, now. I received The Protector, while I still had Apocalypto, Babel, and Freedom Writers. I think the in store exchange went awry.
Old 06-03-07, 03:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Blockbuster online $9.99 per month for 3 months with Amex card

https://bb2.offermatica.com/amex?promo_code=statement
You do NOT have to be a new customer to use this offer.
Old 06-03-07, 05:12 AM

You don't do it. It's pointless because the next DVDs in your queue should ship within 24 hours. If you start using that option, which is obviously for people returning DVDs in the mail, then you risk getting banned. And there is nothing to gain from it, so what is the point? If the next items in your queue aren't being shipped within 24 hours of returning discs to a B&M, then contact customer service.
Old 06-04-07, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by MechanicalMan
You don't do it. It's pointless because the next DVDs in your queue should ship within 24 hours. If you start using that option, which is obviously for people returning DVDs in the mail, then you risk getting banned. And there is nothing to gain from it, so what is the point? If the next items in your queue aren't being shipped within 24 hours of returning discs to a B&M, then contact customer service.
Yeah, I was trying to figure out how people were doing it since there is no option for store returns. You'd think with the technology available, they could take the items off your queue as soon as they scan into the local blockbuster...
Old 06-04-07, 10:56 AM
X
Administrator

Yeah, I was trying to figure out how people were doing it since there is no option for store returns. You'd think with the technology available, they could take the items off your queue as soon as they scan into the local blockbuster...
I can easily imagine that their system is set up so that when something is taken off your queue it's really taken off your queue. That means they fully accepted your return, you don't owe it to them anymore, and anything that happens to it subsequent to that is not your fault.

When you return a DVD in the store in the sealed envelope they have no idea what's inside.

I was surprised to find out that my store just collects the envelopes and puts them in a mailbox at the end of the day. I thought their reason for having the store rental part of the program would be to collect all the returns and stick them in a single UPS box and ship them back at a very low cost, far less than USPS single-envelope rates.
Old 06-04-07, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by X
I was surprised to find out that my store just collects the envelopes and puts them in a mailbox at the end of the day. I thought their reason for having the store rental part of the program would be to collect all the returns and stick them in a single UPS box and ship them back at a very low cost, far less than USPS single-envelope rates.
Keep in mind that not all the returns go back to the same place. Maybe they don't trust the BB stores to box them up and send them off correctly.

Also, count me in as one of the people who have 3-out memberships and have had as many as 6 at my home at once.
Old 06-04-07, 12:41 PM
X
Administrator

Originally Posted by Peep
Keep in mind that not all the returns go back to the same place. Maybe they don't trust the BB stores to box them up and send them off correctly.
That's true. But at least in my area the vast majority go to one regional distribution center.

You'd think Blockbuster could use the labor they have in place in the store to separate those from any other return address and batch the ones going to the regional distribution center together for mailing.
Old 06-04-07, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 499 Likes on 294 Posts
I believe what he is getting confused about is that he is counting his in-store rentals as part of his movies out. When you get three movies in the mail, and return 2 in-store to get 2 more movies, those 2 movies DO NOT COUNT as part of your total. They follow normal store return policies and if you do not return them by the due date, you will incur late charges.
Old 06-04-07, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
I believe what he is getting confused about is that he is counting his in-store rentals as part of his movies out. When you get three movies in the mail, and return 2 in-store to get 2 more movies, those 2 movies DO NOT COUNT as part of your total. They follow normal store return policies and if you do not return them by the due date, you will incur late charges.
Now that I understand. Strange, but understood, at least. However the clerk when I swapped said I had an extra 7 days on top of the the normal 2 day rental. Not sure if it was because they were in the wrong box or what, though.
Old 06-05-07, 01:24 PM

Now that I understand. Strange, but understood, at least. However the clerk when I swapped said I had an extra 7 days on top of the the normal 2 day rental. Not sure if it was because they were in the wrong box or what, though.
The 7 days extra is a "grace period", as I was told. Thereafter, if it's still not back, they will charge your account for the cost of the DVD. If you return it after that, I think they credit you back that cost, minus a restocking fee.
Old 06-05-07, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,035 Likes on 1,572 Posts
Originally Posted by rkndkn
The 7 days extra is a "grace period", as I was told. Thereafter, if it's still not back, they will charge your account for the cost of the DVD. If you return it after that, I think they credit you back that cost, minus a restocking fee.
Yeah, basically add 7 days to whatever the due date is... I think they also changed the due date to be by closing hours of the day it's due, not by noon anymore.

My local blockbuster also calls me a few days before the real (7 day later) due date is and leaves a message saying the exact date I have to return the movies/games to not incur the last fee.

What's odd (and a little fishy) is that, at least for videogames, they send a postcard in the mail. Last time, I got the postcard four days AFTER the date it said I had to return the item buy to not get charged. What's the point of that?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.