Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

2 DVDs gone from DDD ??

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

2 DVDs gone from DDD ??

Old 07-16-06, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 DVDs gone from DDD ??

Before the DDD 20% off sale the Invader Zim boxset and the Post-Apocalyptic triple feature were on the site and on my want list. It was said they were removed before the sale because that company didn't want their dvds included in the sale(or something like that). They have not been added back and I was wondering if anyone knew more info...
Old 07-16-06, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe if they told DDD not to include them in the sale, DDD has decided not to carry them anymore. You could post to this thread in the Store Forum and ask Dvddave:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=468552
Old 07-16-06, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, I wanted the Psycho Killers 3-pack. It's still available on other sites though.
Old 07-16-06, 06:20 PM
Suspended

Fudoh also dissapeared
Old 07-16-06, 06:40 PM

All media blasters titles that i've checked out have been gone since the sale.
Old 07-16-06, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

While it's nothing new for dvds to disappear from DDD, it's suprising that all dvds from a certain company would disappear. ADV opted out of the DDD sale last year and this didn't happen to them. Odd.
Old 07-16-06, 07:35 PM

The Zatoichi TV Series is still missing too.
Old 07-18-06, 10:10 AM

I ordered the last two Meiko Kaji 'Female Prisoner Scorpion' movies at the end of May, along with another non-Media Blasters title.

'Beast Stable' shipped soon after I placed the order, but never arrived at my house.

I contacted DDD a few weeks later, and they shipped me a replacement copy of both 'Beast Stable' and the other DVD.

However, 'Grudge Song' is still on BACKORDER. My open order shows neither title -- there are blanks where the title would appear.

Oddly enough, the situation was the same when I contacted DDD for the 'Beast Stable' replacement. The other non-Tokyo Shock title is listed in my open order, but blank title listings appear for both 'Female Prisoner Scorpion' movies. However, the sales rep was aware of both titles that had shipped, and DDD was able to replace 'Beast Stable' with no problem.

Neither movie can be located on their website via the search engine, or via the item numbers:
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemid=MBI006108
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemid=MBI006188

Don't know if I should cancel this order and try to get this DVD elsewhere?
Old 07-18-06, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ordered the two volumes of Galaxy High (which are media blasters) and they dissapeared from my order as well.
Old 07-18-06, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I ordered the Post-Apocalyptic collection during the last DDD 20% off sale, but from HKFlix and at a much cheaper price (about 10.50 shipped after a $3 discount for being a new customer) then DDD ever had, but it's on backorder there right now.