Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

does bestbuy price match sale ads?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-06, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a BB gift card, and would like to get Rescue Me season 2. its currently on sale at target in this weeks ad and i was wondering if best buy will price match it for me.
Old 06-05-06, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

they do sometimes. bring the ad and try your luck
Old 06-05-06, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts
They will pricematch ads (in fact, they will only pricematch ads, since you have to bring them in), but they might check if it's in stock at the store first. They also may not pricematch if it's marked clearance or is in a bundle, though I don't think that applies here.
Old 06-05-06, 06:06 PM

they pricematch where Im from
Old 06-05-06, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by fujishig
They will pricematch ads (in fact, they will only pricematch ads, since you have to bring them in), but they might check if it's in stock at the store first. They also may not pricematch if it's marked clearance or is in a bundle, though I don't think that applies here.
Isn't that every store's PM policy -- those that have one? That's where you get the "any advertised price" part. You have to bring in some kind of print ad and it just can't be something you saw on the shelf at store X marked for so-and-so $.
Old 06-05-06, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Lunatikk
they do sometimes. bring the ad and try your luck
for some reason, this mentality bothers me.

why do stores have certain policies that they created and have implemented (IE PRICE MATCH) when you have to go through fucking hell just to get it to work? if they dont want people to price match, get rid of teh policy.
Old 06-06-06, 11:41 AM

thanks for the help...i'll try and do it
Old 06-06-06, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by atari2600
for some reason, this mentality bothers me.

why do stores have certain policies that they created and have implemented (IE PRICE MATCH) when you have to go through fucking hell just to get it to work? if they dont want people to price match, get rid of teh policy.

What do you mean, you bring in the ad and they price match? It is not that hard to bring in the ad?
Old 06-06-06, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by jackson2006
What do you mean, you bring in the ad and they price match? It is not that hard to bring in the ad?

Well sometimes they refuse to do it if the store is busy.
Old 06-06-06, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by jackson2006
no, sometimes you bring it in and they make up a million excuses as to why they will still not price match.
Old 06-06-06, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by atari2600
no, sometimes you bring it in and they make up a million excuses as to why they will still not price match.
Then why would you shop there? That is why people post negative and positive reviews.
Old 06-06-06, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

i rarely do. i still hate the fact that BB has a PM policy and makes it very difficult for a customer to use it.
Old 06-08-06, 08:00 AM
Banned

Here in Southeastern MA area there are 2 Best Buys and as long as they have been open (at least 3 years) they have never refused a price match for me. They may investigate whether the store that the flyer is from has the item in stock, but they have never said no to me...
Old 06-08-06, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, the date has passed but we should have organized a PM shopping spree on 6/6/06 for all us "devil" customers.
Old 06-12-06, 05:29 PM

BB's price-matching varies from store to store.

At one store they will not price-match if (1) It says "limit one", (2) Other store offers a freebie they don't offer (even if you don't even want the freebie!), (3) the store is not on their price-match list.

At another store, they don't care if it says "limit one."

The problem with their price-match policy is that it all depends on the store or the cashier you are trying to price-match with!
Old 06-12-06, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My biggest complaint with BB PM Policy is they refuse to do it if you're using a BB coupon. For example, say you have a $5 off coupon that BB issued (I'm not talking RZ coupons) and you have an ad for Target for a DVD that is $3 less than BB's price.

So you go up to the cashier and you PM the price and scan your coupon. The computer will actually override the PM and only give you the coupon credit. Long story short (too late) a manager comes over and shows you on the coupon that it says "not good with any other offers or coupons" and that you can't do the PM. Then you point out that "PM isn't an offer, it's a policy" but you might as well be speaking Greek. So you end up having to decide if the extra $2 is worth it right now or, knowing you'll be back and they'll eventually have the lowest advertised price, do you hold onto the coupon waiting for that time.

The sad thing is I keep trying and keep getting shot down. But, I've recently decided to only buy DVDs twice a year. Once in June and once in November Only if there's an in-store exclusive (like Lost or BSG or Scrubs) will I go back.
Old 06-12-06, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by fujishig
You DON'T have to bring in the ad. Either telling them the other store and their price or bringing in a receipt with the price on it should do it.
Without an ad they either just give it to you straight away or they will call the store or check their ad online.
Old 06-12-06, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by pinata242
My biggest complaint with BB PM Policy is they refuse to do it if you're using a BB coupon. For example, say you have a $5 off coupon that BB issued (I'm not talking RZ coupons) and you have an ad for Target for a DVD that is $3 less than BB's price.

So you go up to the cashier and you PM the price and scan your coupon. The computer will actually override the PM and only give you the coupon credit. Long story short (too late) a manager comes over and shows you on the coupon that it says "not good with any other offers or coupons" and that you can't do the PM. Then you point out that "PM isn't an offer, it's a policy" but you might as well be speaking Greek. So you end up having to decide if the extra $2 is worth it right now or, knowing you'll be back and they'll eventually have the lowest advertised price, do you hold onto the coupon waiting for that time.

The sad thing is I keep trying and keep getting shot down. But, I've recently decided to only buy DVDs twice a year. Once in June and once in November Only if there's an in-store exclusive (like Lost or BSG or Scrubs) will I go back.

Hmmm....this has worked for me several times. Strange.
Old 06-21-06, 09:31 PM

The good Best Buys (the ones making money for the company) will bend over backwards to please a customer and will always price match. customer loyalty is a big part of the business.