Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DDD Canada's CS number Issue

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-06, 02:59 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am trying to understand why the phone number listed here on DDD's Canadian website leads to a message saying "this number has been changed" and the new number is a 900 phonesex company that you must be over 18 to call.

I tried calling American DDD's CS number and they told me the Canadian number they had was 877-693-8344, which is the same as the phonesex referral number except that it's "877" instead of "800".

When I called that number, it connected to another American CS rep who told me he had no clue what was going on with the Canadian website and he had received other calls about the phonesex referral. He could not provide me with any working phone number to DDD Canada CS department.

Anyone have an explanation for these things?

And a working DDD Canada CS phone number?
Old 04-03-06, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I can't wait to hear how many times the question is posed about DDD Canadian phone sex 20% off holiday sale
Old 04-03-06, 04:40 PM
DeepDiscount.com

Navaros,

I want to thank you for posting this. We want to make sure that everyone knows that DeepDiscountDVD is in no way related to a phone sex line. The correct telephone number for customer service for DeepDiscountDVD.ca is 877-693-8344.
Old 04-03-06, 04:43 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by DeepDiscountDVD
The correct telephone number for customer service for DeepDiscountDVD.ca is 877-693-8344.
How come when I called that number this afternoon, it connected me to an American DDD Customer Service rep?

Last edited by Navaros; 04-03-06 at 04:47 PM.
Old 04-03-06, 04:58 PM
DeepDiscount.com

Navaros,
Which number did you call that you spoke with a customer service rep?

877-693-8344 is the correct number for Customer Service. I am not sure how you were connected to a sex line. When I dial the number I receive a recordings giving me another number to call for directory assistance.

Wish that I could be more helpful!
Old 04-03-06, 05:18 PM
Cool New Member

I was connected to the sex line by dialing 800-693-8344, the number that was listed on the Canadian DDD website until very recently (good job getting it fixed now though ).

I then called the American DDD number, asked for the right Canadian number, and got the same number from them as you later provided in this thread, 877-693-8344.

When I called 877-693-8344, I was surprised to learn that that number connected me to a rep from the American DDD Customer Service Department. Still not sure how that happened.

EDIT: Upon calling it again just now, I realized I may have been confused by the recording and it may not have been a sex line after all. It may have just seemed that way based on how the recording is worded, along with it being a 900 number. I apologize for having posted wrong information if that is the case, it was an honest mistake.

Last edited by Navaros; 04-03-06 at 05:30 PM.