Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Digital Eyes to merge with and become DVD Planet.com

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Digital Eyes to merge with and become DVD Planet.com

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-06, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We are very close to having the Planet wishlist appear on the site. Once we have that done, we will attack the DE wishlist.
Old 04-03-06, 08:30 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 913 Likes on 773 Posts
well, it seems to work now. so thanks for whatever you did!
Old 04-03-06, 11:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The search function on the new site sucks. The results come up in no particular order, and most of the results do not contain the title words that I'm using. I can't tell if certain titles are in the database. I just want to use my Frequent Buyer Points. Very annoying.

They are apparently using "keywords" so that if I input "Rescue Me," films that have "Rescue" in their descriptions are listed as results. The second season of Rescue Me was not listed. I put in "The Nanny" and three results came up, but nothing about the Fran Drescher show. I typed in "Nanny" and the first season was listed, and there 25 results, and only two of them had "Nanny" in the title.

Last edited by cmleidi; 04-03-06 at 11:56 PM.
Old 04-04-06, 07:25 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I agree that the new search function is really poor. I had to put things in my cart via the saved wishlist I had since I couldn't find them on the site anymore. I like the way you can use your points on the checkout page. Still no online cancelling of orders though. Has anyone felt that the prices have gone up a bit on things? Usually digitaleyes beat amazon on all prices, but a lot of the pre-orders I checked they are either the same or they are getting beat by a lot by amazon.
Old 04-05-06, 05:37 AM

Will "Adult" dvds be availble on the site?
Old 04-05-06, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by RonG617
I agree that the new search function is really poor. I had to put things in my cart via the saved wishlist I had since I couldn't find them on the site anymore. I like the way you can use your points on the checkout page. Still no online cancelling of orders though. Has anyone felt that the prices have gone up a bit on things? Usually digitaleyes beat amazon on all prices, but a lot of the pre-orders I checked they are either the same or they are getting beat by a lot by amazon.
i agree. there should be online cancelling of orders. why make it so hard?
Old 04-05-06, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Bobou2
Will "Adult" dvds be availble on the site?
The adult section will be up by the weekend.
Old 04-05-06, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598
i agree. there should be online cancelling of orders. why make it so hard?
Unfortunately our warehouse system makes it very difficult to enable online cancelling. We hope that all Infinity sites will be able to do this sometime in the future.
Old 04-05-06, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by RonG617
We are working very hard to improve the search. Since it is a learning search it will take a few more days before it is pulling the best matches. I plan to add a Title Search and Actore Search to the site tomorrow that will workaround the new search.

We have NOT increased any preorder prices from what we offered on DE or DVD Planet. In fact most preorders are actually cheaper.
Old 04-11-06, 02:45 PM

Mark,
why do some of your prices go up ever so slightly on pre-order DVD's? i am very conscience of prices and notice when i go to your site time and time again that certain DVD's actually go up a few dollars from the last time i was there.

"The Complete Mr. Arkadin" Criterion was $30.97 on Sunday. Today it is $32.47?? This is not the first i noticed. I was all set to purchase, but not now. Why does this happen and what is the justification?

Last edited by OldBoy; 04-11-06 at 02:59 PM.
Old 04-11-06, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598
Mark,
why do some of your prices go up ever so slightly on pre-order DVD's? i am very conscience of prices and notice when i go to your site time and time again that certain DVD's actually go up a few dollars from the last time i was there.

"The Complete Mr. Arkadin" Criterion was $30.97 on Sunday. Today it is $32.47?? This is not the first i noticed. I was all set to purchase, but not now. Why does this happen and what is the justification?
We offer higher discounts sometimes on preorders. The title was increased to our normal Criterion discount due to it streeting next week. Prices on items change when we run sales, have excess inventory and other assorted reasons.
Old 04-11-06, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by DigitalEyes
We offer higher discounts sometimes on preorders. The title was increased to our normal Criterion discount due to it streeting next week. Prices on items change when we run sales, have excess inventory and other assorted reasons.
but why change it to your "normal" price when it was even better at the already discounted price just because it is one week away instead of two weeks away when i guess i should have bought it? does that make good business sense? it seems like you are adjusting based on preorder sales...if they are more popular than you feel the need to up the price closer to release? i don't know, it just seemed a little sketchy, especially in this case. i guess i just want to understand as i have been such a long time buyer at DE.
Old 04-12-06, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hey Mark - Antonioni's The Passenger is being released (by Sony) on 4/25 - is it going to be listed soon? Thanks.
Old 04-12-06, 03:25 PM

I thought I posted this comment this morning, but I didn't see it appear. If it is a duplicate I apologize.

I just wished to say I miss the feature on the old DVD Planet Web site that allowed viewing upcoming titles by sorting by "date announced." This allowed me to check in weekly and browse a concise list of newly announced releases and add them to my wish list.

With the current Just Announced list on the new site the list can only be viewed alphabetically, and I have to page through all the titles I've already seen to hunt for any new additions. For me that's a big time waster and is contributing to my searching other stores for a better method of keeping my wish list up to date.

Am I missing something on the new site that would reproduce the user-friendly experience I enjoyed before?

Thanks,

Dan Shane
Old 04-20-06, 03:52 PM

On the new DVD Planet site, when I go to the final screen to place my order,
the shipping option changes from free shipping to either International Air Mail, or International UPS Worldwide express.....and the option for free regular mail is gone. Is anyone else having this problem?
Old 04-20-06, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by siegfried
On the new DVD Planet site, when I go to the final screen to place my order,
the shipping option changes from free shipping to either International Air Mail, or International UPS Worldwide express.....and the option for free regular mail is gone. Is anyone else having this problem?
Send me an e-mail and I can fix your account.

[email protected]
Old 04-20-06, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by danshane
I thought I posted this comment this morning, but I didn't see it appear. If it is a duplicate I apologize.

I just wished to say I miss the feature on the old DVD Planet Web site that allowed viewing upcoming titles by sorting by "date announced." This allowed me to check in weekly and browse a concise list of newly announced releases and add them to my wish list.

With the current Just Announced list on the new site the list can only be viewed alphabetically, and I have to page through all the titles I've already seen to hunt for any new additions. For me that's a big time waster and is contributing to my searching other stores for a better method of keeping my wish list up to date.

Am I missing something on the new site that would reproduce the user-friendly experience I enjoyed before?

Thanks,

Dan Shane
The just announced list is sorted in dated announced, alphabetical order. We typically add titles once a week so the items added this week are at the top of the list. Next week when we add more, the titles appearing this week will shift down and will not be a part of the just added items.
Old 04-20-06, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by DigitalEyes
The just announced list is sorted in dated announced, alphabetical order. We typically add titles once a week so the items added this week are at the top of the list. Next week when we add more, the titles appearing this week will shift down and will not be a part of the just added items.
Mark,

Thanks for the explanation. I guess it seemed like there was duplication in the list when the merge first occurred, but now it does seem to have developed the familiar rhythm.

Dan
Old 04-21-06, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

When I placed my last order a few days ago all my info had reverted back to
what it was when I first opened my account with DVD Planet (old shipping address
and a credit card that expired 2 years ago).