Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Digital Eyes to merge with and become DVD Planet.com

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Digital Eyes to merge with and become DVD Planet.com

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-06, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MarineCorps
Will paypal still be accepted as a payment method after the move?

We will continue to accept PayPal and also hope that the new cart we designed will eliminate the problem that a few PayPal customers were experiencing.
Old 02-26-06, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by DigitalEyes
We will continue to accept PayPal and also hope that the new cart we designed will eliminate the problem that a few PayPal customers were experiencing.

Goodie! Thanks.
Old 02-26-06, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by RonG617
Hey Mark,

Just placed my first order with you. In the future do you anticipate adding more MMA(mixed martial arts) titles to your inventory. You have a dozen UFC and King of the Cage titles, but no Pride or any of the smaller associations. Even if you didn't add the smaller stuff, expanding on the big name stuff would be great, and I would surely order more frequently from your site.
I will look into this. As far as I know, we carry almost everything that is offered. We have run into some titles not being set up in Muze which causes them not to show up at our site. E-Mail me a list and I will see what I can do.
Old 02-26-06, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by seymouru
What makes you think the new combined site will resemble the old Planet site more than the old DE site? With Mark overseeing the new site, I'd think it would be more like the old DE. You should at least give it a chance!
DVD Planet will be running on the new web platform which is based on the current DE platform.
Old 02-26-06, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Marvinbean
Will you still have monthly discount codes? What will happen to The Quote Machine???
He answered these on page one neither are changing
Old 02-26-06, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by strife
He answered these on page one neither are changing
Thanks for chiming in. Most things are answered in the FAQ on page one. Please check those before posting a question here. Will keep the thread less cluttered and clear.

I am happy to help with anything as always.
Old 02-26-06, 04:56 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 922 Likes on 776 Posts
The shipping policies on the new DVD Planet site will be exactly the same as what is offered on the current DE site. My customer service team will be handling the customer service at Planet and the customer focus of DE will be offered at the new DVD Planet site. Honestly you have nothing to worry about when we make the change in April.
i guess i just don't like change and really loved DE's site for its ease and accesibility, moreso than any other site. it was my goto, standby and hate to see it go.

why change and merge anyway? what are the reasons?
Old 02-26-06, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by scott1598
i guess i just don't like change and really loved DE's site for its ease and accesibility, moreso than any other site. it was my goto, standby and hate to see it go.

why change and merge anyway? what are the reasons?
I would assume, and may be way off base, but the customer base of both is by my estimation very loyal and hardcore movie fans. These are both specialty sites (not amazon, not buy, not even DDD for that matter) and thus they cannabalize each other (similar to Buick and Oldsmobile or Plymoth and Chrysler) and for that reason, taking the strengths of each and making one stronger more attractive product they can be one even better company. Also, since DVDPlanet is a retail location and Mark is exclusively web based - to my knowledge - it may be that dvdplanet wanted to focus on their retail opportunities and allowing Mark to run the web will allow that focus.

Just wanted to say that after my initial fear of change I am pretty excited about this. I liked both sites and have ordered from both, but I was a much bigger fan of DE having placed over $2000 in orders in the last couple of years. I am a big used trader\buyer.
Old 02-26-06, 08:54 PM

fine, fine...i will accept the new site when it comes and with my loyalty and dedication i will again buy and buy again!

so Mark,
can you just give me 1000 Frequent Buyer Points for my love and undying support??? i'll send you my e-mail.
Jump For JoyJump For JoyJump For JoyJump For JoyJump For JoyJump For JoyJump For JoyJump For Joy
Old 02-27-06, 12:50 AM

Shippin fee for overseas

Hey Mark,

How will the shipping and handling fees for overseas be changed?

I strongly hope that it will be matched to DE's system,not Planet's.

Because I live in Japan and that of DE's is convenient for me to order
a few quantities.

"General International Air Post - $5 for the first Disc and $1.25 for each additional disc."

That is the reason why I use DE as well as FBP.
Old 02-27-06, 03:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Mark,

I got to tinking and there is one thing that would really improve my experience and I think others will agree with this - the wishlist - needs prices and maybe even a used available note - I spend a ton of time searching my wishlist to see if any used are available - I could speed up my shopping greatly if my wishlist reflected used titles and prices.

Just a suggestion.

Raymond
Old 03-20-06, 12:24 PM

Hey Guys,

Don't sweat it. All the things you love about DE will exist in DVD Planet. The two sites have had a similar customer base for years and the merger will help us service customers more effectively. I am honestly excited about some of the changes coming up and they will be unveiled soon.

The frequent buyer program is an important way for us to reward our customers and will be enhanced with some new bonuses later in the year. BTW. We will be offering double points on all shipments from February 27-March 18.

Mark:

Hate to complain, so if an order was placed during the 2/27/-3/18 time frame, but not shipped until 3/19 there is no double points? A little confusing wouldn't you say? I've never heard of a promotion like that before.

And while I have your attention, may I once again comment on your company's poor customer service? After a disappointing experience in the past, I stopped using your company. With the double points and few low priced items, I decided to give you guys another chance.

To review briefly, my issues with Digital Eyes is the fact that they "lost" at least two of my orders in the processing stage and literally refused to address those complaints in emails that I sent to them. It wasn't until I posted in this forum that the owner of the company took notice and fixed the problems. Looks like the fix didn't last.

On Friday and Saturday I placed 3 orders totalling around $300 and immediately paid for them via PayPal. I received notification from PayPal of the payments made. Since Digitial Eyes had a problem with PayPal in the past (at one point one of my orders was in limbo for over three weeks! and it took a way too many emails to Digital Eyes to clear it up), I tried to monitor the progress of my orders. Yup, it looks like it happened again. According to my Account History, Digital Eyes has only 1 of my 3 orders in process. As for the other two, who knows.

I sent emails regarding this problem to Digital Eyes immediately, including forwarding my PayPal reciepts. Yup, problems. First, as I stated, the double points promotion is rather confusing, but more signficantly, once again, Digital Eyes has managed to not only lose 2 out of my 3 orders that I placed and paid for via PayPal, but when I attempted to write to customer service about this, the response I got was a simple note that I did not qualify for double points!

Come on now, is this how you treat a customer that has spent over $300 in one weekend with your company? When a customer writes your company and says "my order is lost" what should the response be? I hope some of the exciting changes you speak about includes having a responsive customer service department that actually addresses issues and problems.

In the meantime, I would still appreciate knowing what happened to the two orders that I just placed.
Old 03-26-06, 12:57 PM

Mark, when will you be accepting shipping to a forwarding address in DVD Planet?
Old 03-31-06, 09:08 PM

Will AnimeOneStop be expanded after the move? As I know the DVd planet had several anime dvds digitaleyes does't have.....
Old 04-01-06, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mark, is there a way on the new site to view my FB points? I can't find it in the My Account section. The only way I can figure out to view my points is to actually start the checkout process and check the drop-down box to see how many points I can apply. Thanks.
Old 04-01-06, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by scott27
Mark, is there a way on the new site to view my FB points? I can't find it in the My Account section. The only way I can figure out to view my points is to actually start the checkout process and check the drop-down box to see how many points I can apply. Thanks.
Points have been added to the info center. We are also showing store credit if it is available on your account.
Old 04-01-06, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by MarineCorps
Will AnimeOneStop be expanded after the move? As I know the DVd planet had several anime dvds digitaleyes does't have.....
We are working with Muze to make sure all releases are in the product database. If you do not see a title, please send me an e-mail and I will push it into the system.
Old 04-01-06, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Rico
Mark, when will you be accepting shipping to a forwarding address in DVD Planet?
Some freight forwarders have been blocked due to high fraud instances. We do offer reasonable express shipping and our air mail prices are also fairly inexpensive. It is safer for everyone to have packages shipped to the billing address of the customer.
Old 04-01-06, 02:28 PM

"Wishlist" wiped out!

so i went to the new site. looks ok/same. one thing i noticed was my "Wishlist" was wiped out. i had a hard time remembering what i had there and it was a few.
Old 04-01-06, 02:34 PM

Was your wishlist at Planet or DE?
Old 04-01-06, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Mine was with DE and it's gone. It's not the end of the world, but if I could get it back, that would be great.

Glad to see you guys are keeping coupons and points!
Old 04-01-06, 04:14 PM

We are investigating an import of the prior wishlists. The new cart was such a radical update that importing them has been harder than expected. This is high on the list and should be resolved some time next week.
Old 04-02-06, 11:10 AM

"Wishlist" doesn't work!

ok, so now i did my "wishlist" again on the new site and today it is gone. i again i forgot what i put there since they are not released till May.
i redid it, went away to another site and it was wiped out again. nothig stays in the wishlist, so don't try. VERY FRUSTRATING!

Last edited by OldBoy; 04-02-06 at 11:13 AM.
Old 04-03-06, 04:43 PM

Also,
the new site doesn't appear on the DVD Price Search anymore with its cheapest price. It has a link to an outdated DVD Planet, but doesn't even show the correct price. Will this be corrected too? Especially, the wishlist thing. doesn't even stay from one screen to another. it keeps getting wiped everytime.

please let us know, Mark.
Old 04-03-06, 04:54 PM

We will get Terry at Price Search a new feed and kill the DE links. I cannot duplicate the wishlist problem. Do you have cookies disabled? Please e-mail me ([email protected]) so I can try and duplicate.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.