Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Thank you!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-05, 10:29 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you!!!

I have been a long time lurker on this site and just recently started posting and I wanted to send out a big Thank You!! to all of the people that keep us up to date on the many deals that are out there.

I am sure it takes a bit of time and research putting these lists together and I can say I have saved a ton of money because of them.

So, for those of you that continue doing so, even if people are not thanking you directly, rest assure there are many of us that are grateful and really appreciate the hard work you are doing and look forward to the many savings in the future.

Again, THANK YOU!
Old 11-30-05, 10:49 AM
Cool New Member

Second that

I agree totally. You all have saved me a ton of money and subsequently made my collection grow leaps and bounds.

My collection and I thank you!
Old 11-30-05, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Normally, I'd say (or at least think) something cynical about a thread like this... but I'm thankful too.

Happy Holidays. And welcome, ginster.
Old 11-30-05, 11:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Being able to see what is on sale before the ads hit allows me to figure out if I want to spend money on any particular title from week to week.

'Would I rather spend $ on this, or wait until next week and get this instead?'

I hit the bargain section of these boards more than any other area I think. So thanks as well.
Old 11-30-05, 11:43 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Unspeaked
Well, I've probably SPENT a ton of money because of them, but I'm sure I saved a little in the process
Agreed... I have spent a ton of money as well and do not see an end in sight

The total dollar amount never seems to decrease.

Instead of picking up one dvd I check out this site and find the best deal and usual pick up something from the bargain bin to go along with it.
Old 11-30-05, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Nice post. If this post were made by my credit card, it would be a hate-filled rant.

When I first got into DVDs, I thought I was scoring huge bargains at $15. Sice I found this forum, I now am a snob at anything over $7. I am able to stretch my DVD buck a lot farther thanks to the awesome poster here and in the Clubs sub forum.

Thanks for the hard work and willingness to share and give back to the community.
Old 11-30-05, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Darthebarbarian
I agree totally. You all have saved me a ton of money and subsequently made my collection grow leaps and bounds.
If I were going to buy those discs anyway, then yes, the forum has helped me save a bunch of money as well. However, I haven't really "saved" any money if I think about it since I've spent tons of money on discs just because they are a great deal. Money I wouldn't have spent otherwise.

But yeah, ain't the forum great?
Old 11-30-05, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
I agree totally. This forum is great....it allows me to figure out where I'm going to get the most bang for my buck.
Old 11-30-05, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by ginster
I have been a long time lurker on this site and just recently started posting and I wanted to send out a big Thank You!!

I have been a long time member of this site and stopped posting over the past couple of years cuz I can't find any deals and others are sooooo much more helpful than me and I wanted to send out a big Thank You!!
Old 11-30-05, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts
I agree, great thread. Long-time member here as well and I can't begin to imagine the amount of money that DVDTalk has saved me since the creation of dvd (remember $10 off a $10 purchase coupons! ).

Thanks to everyone's hard work here, moderators, long-time members and newbies who bring in great hard to find deals. Special thanks to Geoff for creating this site.

It isn't my homepage for nothing!
Old 11-30-05, 01:28 PM

I wholeheartedly agree. Thanks to this site, I've gotten many dvd's that I never thought I'd see on my shelf due to the cost.
Old 11-30-05, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

just a reminder: the best deal is time.

i love these forums and have always gotten great deals, however, i would of saved more money by simply waiting. But, that is very hard to do, isn't it?
Old 11-30-05, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Time for a group hug!
And, yes, I must say thanks to all of you who have posted the great deals that are out there in the cold, greedy and unfeeling business sector. It is because of this forum that I gave up my lurker ways and joined dvdtalk.