Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DDD Sale (After Sale Talk)

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.
View Poll Results: DDD, love them or hate them?
Never had a problem.
49.09%
Have had problems, but they've always fixed them.
43.64%
Have had problems, never got resolved.
7.27%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

DDD Sale (After Sale Talk)

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-05, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow customs didn't open my first order. Just got it today! had to pay tax + $5 rip-off fee though! and they shipped the wrong version of mars daybreak v.2 where the picture was of the LE and the UPC matched LE when I ordered. They sent me the regular edition!!
Old 11-25-05, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,028 Likes on 727 Posts
Received my first order today, also. Same deal. Tax and $5 BS. I was worried when I got the package as it looked like it had been squashed, and was almost open. Luckily, everything was there, nothing seems to have been damaged, and no floaters are apparent. A corner or 2 with a very slight dent, but nothing I would complain about.

I hope the next order fares as well.
Old 11-25-05, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Got my Firefly set today so I'm all done. Thanks, DDD!
Old 11-25-05, 03:36 PM

"Because of rapid next-day order processing, orders for in-stock items
cannot be canceled or changed."

My order is still in process and yet they can't cancel 1 item.

You get what you pay for. Cheap DVD's = no service
Old 11-25-05, 03:43 PM

Ok, my tale...

I did the DDD sale for the first time ever this year and have had problems. 2-3 days after I placed me order, (Well within the sale) I received an email stating that my order was cancelled but not telling the reason why. I had just decided to buy another batch of dvds at this time too, so I called customer service and they told me that they couldn't confirm my mailing address for my Credit card, (which was actually a debit card) I explained that I had recently moved across country and my banking and mailing address had now changed. The rep understood, everything seemed fine and I told her that I wanted to add to the order and I had the coupon code. She said, "No problem" and I read every catlog number for the items off the site one at a time, (took 20 minutes!) and even gave her a second 20% code. When she did the total, (and I was simultaneously doing it on the site with the discount code to make sure that our totals matched, she was off, by ALOT) I explained the code thing again, asked if I had to do it on the web, she said "No. I can do it." And after several attempts she matched the figure I had from the website which was accurate for the 20% off. No pre-orders, everything seemed fine. She had a bit of trouble understanding me, (she was heavily accented BTW) so our communication took awhile but all seemed right and I doublechecked that I had received the 20% off for ALL the items ordered. She confirmed, I got my new confirmation number and all seemed ok.
Well, now many day later I received this email that some of my order had shipped...

".....Shipping Method: 5 - 10 BUSINESS DAY DELIVERY
Estimated Arrival date: 12/02/05 - 12/07/05

Quantity Item # Description Price
-------- ------------ ---------------------------------------- ----------
1 ABD013215 DVD : EVIL DEAD 2-BOOK OF THE DEAD 2 $ 19.19
1 UNI025279 DVD : QUEEN & PAUL RODGERS-RETURN OF THE $ 12.47
1 WBD033534 DVD : RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD 2 $ 7.20
1 ABD013286 DVD : ROSEANNE-1ST SEASON $ 23.97
1 LGE018537 DVD : DEVIL'S REJECTS, THE (UR/WS) $ 16.01
1 PRD006887 DVD : STAR TREK-FIRST CONTACT (2D/SE) $ 13.56
1 ELE004326 DVD : RE-ANIMATOR (ME) $ 11.97
1 WBD022019 WOLFEN $ 5.99
1 PRD005233 DVD : FRIDAY THE 13TH PARTS 1-8 (5D) $ 49.69

Merchandise Total: $ 160.05
Tax: $ .00
Shipping & Processing: $ .00
Discount: - $ 13.16
Total for Shipped Items: $ 146.89

Credit Card Type: M..."

Now it doesn't require a calculator to see that on an initial total of $160.05, that 20% off would be $32.10 so my final total should have been around $128.00 not $146.89

So I figured, "Great, the discount wasn't applied to the newer items I added on the phone." I emailed them with this info. and I received an interesting response,

"...Our records indicate that the 3 items you have ordered have a number with the prefix WBD.
We regret to inform you that items with this prefix is not applicable for 20% discount.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause..."

Ok, hold the phone. I assume that means any Warner Bros. DVD which sounds bogus as there was nothing on the website indicating this (anyone who ordered "The Wizard of Oz" feel free to chime in!) and also when I first applied the code, Everything was discounted on my order. Even if I omit the 20% discount on the 2 items in the "just mailed" part of my order on the 2 WB items, wbd033534, "Return of The living dead" which was $7.20
and wbd022019 "Wolfen" which was $5.99 the total was still incorrect. My discount at this part of the order would have been approximately $29.40 and not $13.16.

So I emailed them back saying that if this wasn't corrected I would be cancelling the rest of my order, (which was another $240 approximately) and would be passing this information on.

Is it me? Am I missing something or is this just crappy and/or dishonest customer service?

All opinions welcome, guys!

d

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-25-05, 04:28 PM

Code:
The order for the item(s) listed below has been canceled for one of the       
 following reasons:                                                           

The order was canceled per your request.                                     

This item has been discontinued.
I made no such request. WTF?

Edit: Ok, they said there was an issue with the address not verifying on the CC. The Billing is home, the Mailing is Office and they've shipped with those settings before. Says that I have to talk with the bank to get this fixed?

Last edited by Mexican Menace; 11-25-05 at 04:38 PM.
Old 11-25-05, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Mexican Menace
Code:
The order for the item(s) listed below has been canceled for one of the       
 following reasons:                                                           

The order was canceled per your request.                                     

This item has been discontinued.
I made no such request. WTF?

Edit: Ok, they said there was an issue with the address not verifying on the CC. The Billing is home, the Mailing is Office and they've shipped with those settings before. Says that I have to talk with the bank to get this fixed?
Yes, You need to make sure the shipping address is added to your Credit Card. I think mine stays on for 6 months before I have to call again to add an address other than my billing address.
Old 11-25-05, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 870 Likes on 392 Posts
1st order: 11/10
2 of 3 Shipped on: 11/12 (Matrix UE w/ bust outstanding)
Estimated Arrival date: 11/21/05 - 11/26/05 (not received)

2nd order: 11/19
3 of 5 Shipped on: 11/25 (U2: Vertigo @ CHI and American History X outstanding)
Estimated Arrival date: 12/04/05 - 12/09/05
Old 11-25-05, 05:38 PM

Keep in mind the estimated arrival date is the date that DDD expects to get the item from their distributors, and THEN they ship it out from there. I wouldn't expect it for several more days.

Additionally, many of the "problems" I am hearing are from people who are doing weird stuff like shipping to an alternate address or trying to add items on after the fact. It certainly isn't DDD's fault if your bank denies the charges, and you should be happy the bank is protecting you like that.

To the person that added items, why you didn't just place a different order yourself as soon as CS was having a problem is beyond me. Granted CS should be able to resolve this but personally, I would have done it myself on the web.
Old 11-25-05, 05:59 PM

There's always one.
Old 11-25-05, 06:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Huge props to all of you who recommended Firefly as a blind buy. Just watched the first three eps. and I am HOOKED. Those three were worth the price tag alone considering movie prices nowadays.

Never thought I'd hear myself say this, but I like it better than Battlestar Galactica which I LOVE.
Old 11-25-05, 09:30 PM

I just got my dvds from the DDD sale and Alias season 4 has 2 copies of disc 1 and no disc 2. =(
Old 11-25-05, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by mrbaseball11
I just got my dvds from the DDD sale and Alias season 4 has 2 copies of disc 1 and no disc 2. =(
Hmm after this comment, I had better check mine! seems mine are fine

DDD should replace it with no hassle as others have said here, I would assume.
Old 11-25-05, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I received 2 boxes that shipped on 11/15 on Wednesday. Today I received a backordered DVD that shipped days after 11/15. There is still a shipment that also went out on 11/15 -- has yet to arrive.
Old 11-25-05, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by TimeandTide
Huge props to all of you who recommended Firefly as a blind buy.
I'd like to echo the same. I've been sick since Wednesday and I just finished watching the last episode tonight. Great show... only wish there were more. Can't wait to catch the movie when it hits dvd in less than a month.
Old 11-25-05, 11:32 PM

For anyone who ordered Cinderella, did yours come with the extra sleeve that the Disney Platinum Editions normally come in? I only got the DVD, not the outer casing.

I assume there was a sleeve for Cinderella?
Old 11-26-05, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by mrbaseball11
I had a similar problem with the Astaire & Rogers Collection V.01. It included two copies of Barkley's of Broadway and was missing Swing Time. I haven't called yet but assume I can get an RMA. Also worrisome is an item marked TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK on the invoice. Unlike other backordered items, it's shown in my order as SHIPPED and has already been charged to my CC. Hopefully, DDD keeps track of such shipped/but not shipped items.
Old 11-26-05, 01:52 AM

Received my first order today (ordered on 11/12 and sent on 11/15). Now just waiting for my second order of DVDs and my third order which consisted of just Oskar DVD shelf to hold everything....

For the record, all seem to be in perfect condition (no floaters).
Old 11-26-05, 04:28 AM

What's up with ADV "not choosing to participate in the sale"? I always assumed DDD just traded a reduced profit margin for increased sales. Do they actually negotiate lower prices with wholesalers for the sale?
Old 11-26-05, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by potvin48
For anyone who ordered Cinderella, did yours come with the extra sleeve that the Disney Platinum Editions normally come in? I only got the DVD, not the outer casing.

Disney usually only puts the slipcover on the first batch of a new release. In order to insure that you get the slipcover, you would be best to buy it on release week, or very close to it.

Of course, I ordered Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (WB) on release week and didn't get a slipcover, but it seems people were only finding those at Target, so I don't know what's up with that. I don't care too much about that one, as it was just the same art, whereas the Disney stuff has the velcro cover with some additional info inside.
Old 11-26-05, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by potvin48

As previously stated, Disney only uses slipcovers for a limited time. My pre-ordered Cinderella has one. But the $8.99 ones at CC yesterday did not have them anymore.
Old 11-26-05, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Figured I'd do one more update on the stats, as I haven't done one in about a week, and it looks like the order posts are dying down. This is through Post #323 of this thread:

Total Orders: 993
Total Cost: $157322.04
Total Discs: 8532

Average Cost per Order: $158.43
Average Cost per Disc: $18.44
Average Discs per Order: 8

My second order that was shipped on the 18th still hasn't arrived, but I'm not worried about it. Orders usually take the full 10 business days to get here with the free shipping, but my first order arrived in about a week, which was nice.
Old 11-26-05, 10:16 AM

My final order just shipped. It was placed just after Midnight on the 20th, technically after the sale ended. For people who have orders for items that are supposed to be in stock that have not shipped yet, maybe now would be a good time to call customer service at DDD.
Old 11-26-05, 10:28 AM

my order that i placed on the 18th shipped the 25th and the larger order that i placed on the 18th still has not shipped. the order i placed on the 12th shipped on the 20th. slower service than the last time. :/
Old 11-26-05, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
For those who have received UPS tracking #'s on the 25th, I would not expect those packages to actually enter the UPS system until Monday.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.