Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DVD From DDD Has Wal-Mart Stickers

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-05, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just received a portion of my backordered DVD's purchased in the B2G1 free sale last month. Disney Classic Cartoon Favorites Vol 4 Chip 'n Dale has a Wal-Mart sticker affixed to the front of it and what looks like a Wal-Mart UPC sticker pasted across the UPC on the back. Guess DDD had to go shopping at Wal-Mart to replenish their stock.
Old 11-18-05, 02:20 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Maybe Wal-Mart returned some inventory back to Disney and they reshipped it to distributors without taking off the stickers.
Old 11-18-05, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
It's been known to happen. A couple of months ago, I remember seeing the 2 Disc Hellboy at Frys with Best Buy stickers on it.
Old 11-18-05, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Does the sticker actually say Walmart or it is just another UPC sticker? If it is just another sticker, is it a different number?

Edited to add this comment: Why are all of your posts complaints? As a "New Member" you bashed CH now DDD.

Something's not right about all these new members and their "complaints"!

Last edited by kayak99; 11-18-05 at 10:05 PM.
Old 11-19-05, 12:33 AM

Yes it is a white sticker (like their dump bin stickers) and says Wal-Mart Jun05 IL Starring Chin-N Da BVHE. I thought it was just rather funny and wasn't complaining. Sorry if I offended anyone.
Old 11-19-05, 02:33 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I guess it won't really hurt unless it is a freakin' bilinqual cover that they got messed up with Canadian version.
Old 11-19-05, 03:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,742 Likes on 1,889 Posts
I'll occasionally receive stuff from DDD that looks a little "shopworn." But I can't say for sure that the wearing occurred in a store or at a warehouse.

During their last round of sales -- the BV DVDs for $5.99 plus buy 2 get 1 free -- I got one DVD had a little security tag under the cover insert. It was just stuck under the cover loose, and had a piece of torn paper stuck to the back. (The torn paper did not come from the back of the DVD cover.)The security sticker along the top was intact, so it didn't look they were shipping out open/used merchandise again.

Makes me think that a store somewhere opened up the DVD, stuck a security tag under the cover, and resealed it.
Old 11-19-05, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I received a dvd with a Best Buy sticker on it in one of my Columbia House enrollment packages. I don't know why and I don't care.
Old 11-23-05, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I received 'The Job' from DDD today also with a white Walmart sticker on it.
Old 11-24-05, 11:46 AM

The answer is quite simple

I work at best buy. SO we see a lot of walmrt and other etailer and retail stuff come in. You see, there are middleman companies that deal witht his. So it sno just studio to best buy, or studio to wal-mart. There are 2 or 3 distributors companies that all major stores, etailers use. If an item does not sell, it goes back to the distribuor eventuallu, which passes it down to another store, and the cycle never stop unless item sells, getgs damaged/recalled.
Old 11-26-05, 03:10 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by amd555
I work at best buy. SO we see a lot of walmrt and other etailer and retail stuff come in. You see, there are middleman companies that deal witht his. So it sno just studio to best buy, or studio to wal-mart. There are 2 or 3 distributors companies that all major stores, etailers use. If an item does not sell, it goes back to the distribuor eventuallu, which passes it down to another store, and the cycle never stop unless item sells, getgs damaged/recalled.
WTF.
Old 11-26-05, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
WTF.
Old 11-27-05, 12:09 AM

WTF.
The first line explains it all

Originally Posted by amd555
I work at best buy.
Old 11-27-05, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
WTF.
Classic.

An in regards to the Wal-Mart stickers on their merchandise, it might be because of re-shipped items ... or it may be the same as when a restaurant runs out of, say, fish they normally receive from a wholesaler. If they run out, then off to the nearest and cheapest alternative they go to make sure they have the product to serve their customers later on - keep the customers happy with available products.

Not sure that is legal with media items, though.