Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Is there a list of DVD sites that accept Paypal?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-05, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,485 Likes on 913 Posts

Just curious if there is a list of major websites that sell dvds, music, books, etc. that accept Paypal. I am just starting to sell some things on Ebay but i don't necessarily want to buy these items from Ebay. I also would like to prevent getting docked for pulling money from the Paypal account.
Old 11-14-05, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
paypal has a list of merchants that accept paypal, but generally the pricing would probably suck... paypal has a virtual credit card type thing where you can use your paypal funds and pay with a "credit card" that removes funds from your paypal acct..that's probably your best best imo .. (digital eyes may still accept paypal, not sure...overstock.com accepts paypal...buy.com does as well..)
Old 11-14-05, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Tower Records now takes Paypal.
Old 11-14-05, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, get the debit card. I get 1% cash back and use it to pay my Ebay fees and to ship everything i sell. That 1% adds up.
Old 11-15-05, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So in regards to the debit card...is it more of a credit card?

I take it they keep your balance from your sales on the card and if you charge something that is more than your balance it charges you like a normal credit card, correct? You can't overdraw, right? Do you just get a statement & pay it off every month like a normal credit card if you do go over your credit balance? I guess them calling it a debit card is throwing me off.

I guess this would also eliminate the current credit card tied to the account?
Old 11-15-05, 08:39 AM
Suspended

digital eyes dies still accept paypal. I saw the option there a couple days ago when checking out.
Old 11-15-05, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
So in regards to the debit card...is it more of a credit card?

I take it they keep your balance from your sales on the card and if you charge something that is more than your balance it charges you like a normal credit card, correct? You can't overdraw, right? Do you just get a statement & pay it off every month like a normal credit card if you do go over your credit balance? I guess them calling it a debit card is throwing me off.

I guess this would also eliminate the current credit card tied to the account?
The money comes directly from your paypal account if you over draw your account the card is rejected. It does not roll off to a credit card, basically it is a debit like the banks use.
You get no statements just shows a withdraw on your paypal account like when you do any transactions.
DG
Old 11-15-05, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks Disneyguy!
Old 11-15-05, 11:24 PM
Ra_

I would just withdraw funds from paypal to my bank account and keep using my current credit card.
Old 11-16-05, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ra_
I would just withdraw funds from paypal to my bank account and keep using my current credit card.
Don't they get a cut of that?

And it looks like to get the debit card you have to be a Premier Account Member.
Old 11-16-05, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think you have to be a "Premier" account (as a previous poster mentioned) to do any of those things. This involves linking a bank account to your Paypal account. I've always been happy to not give Paypal access to my checking account. I've heard too many weird stories of Paypal deciding to take money out of checking accounts for various reasons or errors. I tried to get cash out of my Paypal account a year or two ago after running some Ebay auctions, and couldn't find one way to do it that didn't involve becoming a Premier Account (including paying $1.50 to have a check cut). I eventually just whittled through the funds buying things on Ebay as I normally would, and using Paypal whenever offered at merchants like Digital Eyes and Overstock.
Old 11-16-05, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought that just having a bank account tied to your paypal account= verified account and some fee needed to be paid for a premier account?
Old 11-17-05, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't believe there's any fee involved just to have a premier account (you pay fees to receive credit card payments, as with a non-premier), but I haven't looked into it that closely since I didn't want to involve my checking account.
Old 11-17-05, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Colleen
(you pay fees to receive credit card payments, as with a non-premier), .
No, the joy of Paypal is you pay fees to receive ANY type of payment when you are a premiere member. Thats why they force you to become a premiere member in order to accept Paypal on ebay. They want more of your money. A non-premiere member can not accept a credit card payments.