Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

? about 'Bill Me Later'

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

? about 'Bill Me Later'

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-05, 08:21 AM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
? about 'Bill Me Later'

Seriously tempted by the DDD sale and just wondered if anyone had used the 'Bill Me Later' method?

Is it reliable and relatively straight forward? How often are the billing statements? I noticed that you get the opportunity to pay it all off without finance charges and just wondered how long they gave you to do that?

All help and tips appreciated, thanks!
Old 11-12-05, 09:33 AM
Banned

I have used this method for some time now. It is through Chase Manhattan Bank. the interest rate is 17.9% but I have always just paid off each statement as they come which is approx. every 6 weeks and have never had a problem with them or this service-
smurr
Old 11-12-05, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ditto to what was said above.

I've used Bill Me Later for a couple of years, and never had a problem. The only thing you might run into with being a first time user is they may not allow anything over a couple hundred dollars. I've heard other people say that, but since I'm an original customer of theirs I never dealt with it.
Old 11-12-05, 10:08 AM

I love bill-me-later, unless they don't approve my recent order, but they let me have about 800 before and I paid it back within a few weeks, it is great if you need it for just a short period of time. One thing though, a couple items were out of stock last time I used them in the BML 10% off sale ddd had a while back and they got cancelled. I do not know if this has something to with DDD or bml but just a warning. It is worth a try.
Old 11-13-05, 02:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

How do you know when you are approved by Bill Me Later? I remember trying it last year and nothing came of it. The orders were just canceled and I figured it must have been my lack of credit history. I placed a 2nd DDD order today (1st one I paid by debit card), and now I've received an e-mail welcoming me to Bill Me Later and I've registered my account on their site. Order totaled just under $70 -- it's a start.
Old 11-13-05, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Xbox69
How do you know when you are approved by Bill Me Later?
I placed a 2nd DDD order today (1st one I paid by debit card), and now I've received an e-mail welcoming me to Bill Me Later and I've registered my account on their site. Order totaled just under $70 -- it's a start.
That would be how you know you're approved by BML.
Old 11-13-05, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just want to agree with everything else.

I also had some trouble when I first signed up with them. I made an order of about $160 (this was maybe two/three DDD sales ago) and the order was cancelled. I then made a small $60 order through BML and was speedily approved, and have used it sporadically when I didn't want to use my debit or I didn't have the cash at the time.

I have no experience though with the interest rate part of the deal, as I always pay it off. Which I think is the best way, because 17.99 is not a good rate at all.

But BML is a great service if you have the opportunity to pay the balance in the allotted time (which is usually a month after you receive the statement).

It is basically like a 'credit card' without the actual card in your hands.
Old 11-17-05, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

so if you get the email from billmelater and you register on their site you have been approved?

I did all this, but nothing has shown up on the site, my balance is still 0, however it says may take a few days for transactions to appear. my DDD order says in process

so should I assume i have been approved?
Old 11-17-05, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yes.
Old 11-17-05, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

thanks!
Old 11-18-05, 02:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Even though I got shipping notice for 2 orders on Tuesday, I only started seeing the balance on the BML site today. There are still 3 backordered titles that will probably ship next week.
Old 10-17-07, 09:49 PM
Banned

After I signed up with Bill Me Later, I started getting a ton of spam that was sourced from Virtumundo.com. Has this happened to anyone else?
Old 10-27-07, 08:22 PM
Zbu

I've been a user of Bill Me Later for a while now and they've been good to me so far. Their customer service is so-so (talked to them once) but overall it's good if you don't want to use a credit card. I pay them off every month as well but so far no bad experiences with them.
Old 11-02-07, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I used bill me later for some airplane tickets back in July, paid them off before the 3 months were up on the 0%. Did it again for some new computer parts last month and I plan on doing it for this months 20% DDD sale