Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Netflix Distrobution Centers?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 10-24-05, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there anyway to see what the nearest location is other than where your envelope goes? My shipment and recieving times have been awful this month, and I've recieved some very weird envelopes. I live in PA and my last return envelope was for Hawaii, and now I have one for Rochester NY.
Before my envelopes went to Pittsburgh and it was next day fast!
Anyone else in PA?
thanks
Old 10-24-05, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
http://www.listology.com/netflix_tra...report=centers

From search from google first hit.
Old 10-24-05, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks...there are 2 in Pa that I saw there, wonder why I dont get them from there?
I still dont get why I'm getting such random envelopes- I might try to start saving Pitts ones and double enveloping.
Old 10-25-05, 01:39 AM

I believe, but cannot prove, they do that to slow down your rentals.
Old 10-25-05, 03:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by xfilekr
Thanks...there are 2 in Pa that I saw there, wonder why I dont get them from there?
I still dont get why I'm getting such random envelopes- I might try to start saving Pitts ones and double enveloping.
My girlfriend and I have a friend that either works there still or used to work at the "Southeastern, PA" location. Actually, the PO Box it goes to is a made up town of Southeastern (seriously) but the PO is actually right outside of Malvern, PA. However, the shipping center is in Oaks, PA (right down the road from where I used to live -- Phoenixville, PA) and I got my discs in 1 day so that was great.

I now live in North Western corner of New Mexico and I always got my discs from Denver.
Old 10-25-05, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by spawndude
I believe, but cannot prove, they do that to slow down your rentals.
I used to have a problem with returns taking forever from my local return center but it was only for a bit and it didn't happen for long.

I get most of my DVDs from the Pittsburgh location which is about 40 minutes down the road from me. That was until I started to watch some odder stuff and then I needed to start getting my movies from all over the country. Do you rent more popular things or lesser known films?
Old 10-26-05, 12:13 AM

Most of the movies I rented were westerns, war, (both with John Wayne) and scifi(the popluar ones from the 50's-60's. ) These were not what I would call lesser known or obscure movies but definitely not in everyones queue.

Originally I would get all from the same location. As I began returning them the same or next day is when I noticed they were starting to come from the far flung reaches of the empire.

Coincidence? I think not.
Old 10-28-05, 01:53 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I depends on which distribution center the discs are at. Not every movie is at every location.
Old 10-28-05, 02:10 PM

My girlfriend and I have a friend that either works there still or used to work at the "Southeastern, PA" location. Actually, the PO Box it goes to is a made up town of Southeastern
That's probably the zip of the Southeastern PA post office which is some kind of hub post office. I wouldn't be surprised if they had their own zip. The actual town is probably Berwyn or Devon.

When I lived in Phoenixville, I had to wait for shipments from / returns to CA. When I cancelled Netflix they were just opening their 2nd dist. center (NY?)
Old 11-04-05, 07:33 PM

I would think the return address would show it? From what I remember when I had it my return label always had Phoenix ( with me in Tucson) on it, but maybe I just remember it wrong. Its been a bit.