Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anyone else appreciate CDUniverse?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-05, 03:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts

CDUniverse isn't mentioned much around here, but I think it's one of the best DVD merchants.
Prices are always among the lowest (competing with DDD and Pacific), shipping costs are very reasonable (though not free or flat-rate like DDD), but best of all is the inventory. If CDU does not have it, chances are good it's not available. It is always the first DVD website I visit when searching for rare titles.
Old 10-16-05, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've never used them for DVDs, but I've bought CDs from them and their service is all-around great.
Old 10-19-05, 11:00 AM

with their highly rip-off shipping rates for shipping internationlly, I don't think I will ever try them.
Old 10-19-05, 02:20 PM
JAA
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I've never had a bad experience out of 10 (or so) orders. They also have a great selection, but I'm not that thrilled with their prices.
Old 10-19-05, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 76 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Vandelay_Inds
It sucked way back in 2000. Service was so bad that five years later I still wouldn't consider using them.
I'll second that emotion. Too many painful memories from the old days.
Old 10-21-05, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by Calmuser
with their highly rip-off shipping rates for shipping internationlly, I don't think I will ever try them.
I don't know what you're talking about. To Canada, standard is $4.99 + $.85/ That's very reasonable, minimally at-cost. If you want to see ripoff rates, look at the $8 + $2/ charged by DVDPlanet and DVDEmpire (don't know if anyone even bothers with these two anymore).
Originally Posted by JAA
They also have a great selection, but I'm not that thrilled with their prices.
Prices could be even better, but they are always among the lowest and sometimes the lowest for certain titles. Also, they carry some DVDs no one else has.
Originally Posted by Quatermass
I'll second that emotion. Too many painful memories from the old days.
I too had a bad customer-service experience somewhere around '99, but since then it has been smooth sailing. I use DDD most often, with Universe as a strong second.
Old 10-25-05, 12:21 PM

yeah, the year 2000 experience almost stopped me from getting my dvds via the internet. my problem of not getting my stuff was never settled.