Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

amazon.com shipping

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

amazon.com shipping

Old 10-19-05, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by I.Flores
Sometimes, you can get Amazon's Prime service on eBay, paying between just $30/$35 instead of the $79.00
How does that work when it's tied to your account? Do people add you under their account as "household users?"

Wouldn't want to have my personal information tied in with a total stranger.
Old 12-16-05, 12:34 PM
Retired

I'm really getting fed up with their shipping.

I placed an order for a gift item and the new Sin City DVD on Dec. 9th with free shipping. I knew there would be a shipping hold up on the gift, since Sin City didn't release until Dec. 13th.

However, I just got a shipping notification today, a week after the order was placed for only the gift item! Sin City is shipping later and seperately.

That's just ridiculous. 7 days to ship an instock item is ridiculous, since the pre-order apparently wasn't the hold up. Even for free shipping I expect faster than that, especially when their prices (even with free shipping) are rarely much better than the B&M stores where you can get instant gratification.

I sent them an e-mail explaining my displeasure, but I doubt they'll even reply. Looks like I need to start looking for a new rewards card and taking my business elsewhere.
Old 12-20-05, 12:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just wanted to add my experience to the thread..

Order Placed: December 2, 2005
Shipped on December 17, 2005

i realize super saver shipping isn't as high a priority as other orders, but 2 1/2 weeks? if i don't get this order by christmas i am going to be pissed. i believe the items i ordered were in stock as well. god damn ridiculous.
Old 12-20-05, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

For the first time, I paid for Standard Shipping for a TV boxset order placed on 12/12 since it was a Christmas gift. It shipped Priority on 12/14 and arrived yesterday, 12/19.

I was surprised, however, that they sent this 6-disc boxset in a bubble envelope. It arrived safely, but I've previously ALWAYS received even single DVDs in a box from Amazon. (I hope this is not the new regular practice like Best Buy.com, whose DVD sets always arrive with dings in a bubble envelope.)
Old 12-21-05, 06:17 PM
Retired

Yeah, customer service just responded to my e-mail with the standard "it's free so it's slower" type response.

Fuck them. If you pay for the shipping their prices are never competitive as they're infrequently competitive on the items I order even with free shipping (I generally only shop there when I have coupons).

Definitely keeping my eye out for a better reward credit card.
Old 12-21-05, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 84 Likes on 72 Posts
They're weird.
They held on to one of my orders for like four days, till I cancelled it to order from somewhere else.
Yet an item I ordered last night at around 2100 shipped at 0400 this morning, via UPS Next Day.

Of course, it also says "Delivery estimate: Dec 29, 2005 - Dec 31, 2005" which is hardly next day.

Last edited by tonyc3742; 12-21-05 at 06:41 PM.
Old 12-25-05, 08:12 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I placed an order for a dvd on 12/9, and it still has not been shipped!! So much for it being a christamas gift! The ship date and time of arrival date has changed 3 times already, and I e-mailed Amazon to request they cancel the order, but since it was in the ready too be shipped catagory, all I got back was a response that I would recieve it by dec.23. RIGHT!!!!! Still waiting.Does anyone have a phone contact for them or is there a different way to cancel or do I just have to wait 6months to a year to recieve my order?Will never shop with Amazon again and I will advise others not to also. May think about going to about this. Got a good response from best Buy when I put in a complant to BBB about them. Any help would be kind.
Old 12-25-05, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by gto5830
Does anyone have a phone contact for them or is there a different way to cancel or do I just have to wait 6months to a year to recieve my order?.
The phone number is 1-800-201-7575. I've always found them very helpful and willing to solve any problem I've ever had with them.
Old 12-25-05, 09:17 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by Autumn
The phone number is 1-800-201-7575. I've always found them very helpful and willing to solve any problem I've ever had with them.
Thanks Autumn, I will give them a call to see if I can get this resolved. Thanks again for the number.