Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Question about NETFLIX

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Question about NETFLIX

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-05, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about NETFLIX

I want to cancel my NETFLIX subscription but don't see anyway to do so on their internet page. No phone number to call, no internet option, nothing. Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 10-08-05, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Just click on the tab for "Your Account" (It's at the top of every page) This will take you to "Account Details" and in bold you will see to listings for "Member Since" and "Membership", right next to member ship there are two links, one to change your account and one to cancel

Last edited by Bugg; 10-08-05 at 07:47 PM.
Old 10-08-05, 07:46 PM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

Go to the 'Your Account' section on the website. There it will list your personal information and your current plan (ie 3 at a time). Next to that are 2 links to either 'change' or 'cancel'. Take it from there....
Old 10-08-05, 07:55 PM

Sorry to see you leave... NETFLIX rocks!
Old 10-08-05, 08:20 PM

The account tab at the top of the page was not showing. I have Webtv,so things don't always work right.Thanks for the help!
Old 10-08-05, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by John*D
Sorry to see you leave... NETFLIX rocks!
While I think their selection is much better than some other online rental places, I am finding lately that new releases are instantly going right to "very long wait." I had titles like Fever Pitch, Hitchhiker's Guide, Dead and Breakfast, and all of them are long or very long wait. I even made sure I was sending movies back on Saturdays so they would clear Monday, and then Monday to clear Tuesday so that new releases (which are at the top of my queue) would be sent out on release day. No dice.

Anyone know the secret to this? It is sad to look at my queue and see some many of my list in "waiting."
Old 10-08-05, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No secret that I know will work with issues going on currently. Even as new member again I too am getting Long waits on everything. Most annoying is Box sets when finally all but thefirst disk is available.
Old 10-08-05, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

When I want a new release I make sure I send back a movie on Friday, one on Saturday, then the third on Monday. This usually works. Anyway I just cancelled my Netflix account a couple of days ago. I'll sign back up after Christmas.
Old 10-09-05, 08:53 AM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

I've found that if I coincide the return of my movies to arrive at the depot on a Saturday that the new releases I have at the top of my Queue actually are ready to be shipped on Monday and I get them on the Tuesday of release.

This has happened the last couple of weeks and I was able to get 'Fever Pitch', 'Lords of Dogtown', 'The Interpreter' and 'The Amiutyville Horror' all on the day of release, thus avoiding the inevitable 2-3 week wait.
Old 10-09-05, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

While I have also had success by making sure Netflix receives a disc from me on Monday, it's not universally successful. Sometimes they skip new release titles. I assume this is because they have more people requesting that title that day than they have copes of that title.

My entire queue right now is at least Long Wait. We'll see if I get any New Releases allocated to me tomorrow.
Old 10-10-05, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by BigDan
While I have also had success by making sure Netflix receives a disc from me on Monday, it's not universally successful. Sometimes they skip new release titles. I assume this is because they have more people requesting that title that day than they have copes of that title.

My entire queue right now is at least Long Wait. We'll see if I get any New Releases allocated to me tomorrow.
This is the one I've been told to do; always make sure you have very very few movies on your list and they will have to send them to you because otherwise you don't have any alternative titles, believe me they have plenty of copies of new releases.
Old 10-11-05, 10:40 PM

I'm sure you know this, but I always seem to get new releases on the Tuesday they come out by making sure to put the movie at the top of my list as soon as it shows up at the bottom. It may sit there for a month or so waiting to be released but it seems to work. Based on the first come first served policy..