Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anyone getting "new" DVD's from DDD that are obviously used?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 09-07-05, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few months ago I ordered a few DVD's from DDD, one of them being the Joanie "Chyna" Lauer Playboy DVD. When I took the shrinkwrap off, it was obvious that the case had been previously opened... the white sticker at the top of the case had been sliced, and the disc had scuffs and finger smudges.

Now I get my Highlander season sets from the recent sale, and season 2 has perfect shrinkwrapping, but the box is beat to hell and torn and one of the disc holder rings inside is shattered.
Old 09-07-05, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
That just sounds like a shipping problem on the Highlander set. The Playboy DVD... well... maybe one of the DDD employees was bored one day...
Old 09-07-05, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by steebo777
That just sounds like a shipping problem on the Highlander set. The Playboy DVD... well... maybe one of the DDD employees was bored one day...

You beat me to it! My thoughts, exactly.
Old 09-07-05, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 288 Likes on 213 Posts
Did the DVD stick to the case? Just curious.
Old 09-07-05, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by steebo777
If it was a shipping problem on the Highlander set, the shrinkwrap would have been torn where the box was torn. The wrapping was perfect.
Old 09-07-05, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Could be the postal office....
Old 09-07-05, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MovieExchange
A few months ago I ordered a few DVD's from DDD, one of them being the Joanie "Chyna" Lauer Playboy DVD. When I took the shrinkwrap off, it was obvious that the case had been previously opened... the white sticker at the top of the case had been sliced, and the disc had scuffs and finger smudges.
You're lucky! Everytime I've had something like this happen to me, the disc was never returned. Just a nice slit across the top of an empty case. Must be a common problem because DDD sent out a replacement immediately, no questions asked.

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
If it was a shipping problem on the Highlander set, the shrinkwrap would have been torn where the box was torn. The wrapping was perfect.
Not true. I'm not an expert on the quantum mechanics of packaging and shipping, but I've had perfectly wrapped TV season sets arrive from Best Buy completely smashed to hell on the inside.