Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Deepdiscountdvd's return policy???

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-05, 11:15 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently received an order from deepdiscountdvd.com and of the 5 DVDs I ordered, 4 arrived with either significant scratches or minor scuffs. I plan on sending them back for a replacement ASAP, but I have a question that perhaps someone here can help me with (and bear with me, as this may be a dumb question). The invoice comes with a return label that I can use. Does anyone know if this is a prepaid postage label or will I be required to come up with the postage costs? I can't find anything that indicates either way. Perhaps I'm just dense, but any help is appreciated.
Old 09-06-05, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,324 Likes on 965 Posts
Two things:

1) Wrong forum

2) Go to their website. Click "Help" and look for the "Returns" section. Click "How-to".
Old 09-06-05, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You'll need to call their hotline and they'll email you a return label. Shipping back is free. This will get moved to the store forum any minute now.
Old 09-06-05, 11:21 PM
Cool New Member

Sorry. Guess I shoudd have paid more attention to wehre I was posting.
Old 09-06-05, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by biomechanoid999
I recently received an order from deepdiscountdvd.com and of the 5 DVDs I ordered, 4 arrived with either significant scratches or minor scuffs. I plan on sending them back for a replacement ASAP, but I have a question that perhaps someone here can help me with (and bear with me, as this may be a dumb question). The invoice comes with a return label that I can use. Does anyone know if this is a prepaid postage label or will I be required to come up with the postage costs? I can't find anything that indicates either way. Perhaps I'm just dense, but any help is appreciated.
First, welcome to the board. Secondly, you should post this in the Store Forum. Thirdly, give them a call and they will email you a prepaid return label that you can print out. They will give you a credit when they receive the damaged discs and then they will put through a new order and charge your card for the replacement discs.
Old 09-06-05, 11:29 PM
Cool New Member

So is the return label on the back of the invoice that I currently have not pre-paid then?
Old 09-07-05, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by biomechanoid999
So is the return label on the back of the invoice that I currently have not pre-paid then?
Nope! You will have to contact DDD for return authorization and they will send a pre-paid shipping label. Don't use the invoice label unless you want to pay for the shipping out of your pocket.