Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon Gold Box Now Only 5% Discount

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-05, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With the demise of STL (Share The Love), I still routinely check my Gold Box. Every so often something shows up from my Wish List and I'll purchase it. Until recently, the GB discount has always been 10% (matching what the STL discount was). I just noticed that the GB discount is now only 5% What's next? Drop the A9 discount to pi/4??
Old 09-03-05, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I've also noticed that when they offer me a cd from my recommendations, they only choose cds that are $18.00 or more. never a $12.00 one or anything like that. It seems directly set up to help them make more money on the higher priced items from certain categories. Amazon.com does it again!
Old 09-03-05, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh well, I've pretty much given up on Amazon anyway, but I do still get those "as someone who has bought a DVD with THE in the title, we thought...." emails.
Old 09-03-05, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bhauge
Until recently, the GB discount has always been 10%
Interesting. It has been only 5% for me for a long time... ever sense it's return I think. I was so disgusted I quit looking at it.
Old 09-03-05, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Easy
Interesting. It has been only 5% for me for a long time... ever sense it's return I think. I was so disgusted I quit looking at it.
I'm pretty sure it's always been 10% for me until recently. I just checked my recent orders. I got the 10% discount on an order I placed Aug. 24th, but only 5% on an order I placed Sept. 1st. When I checked my GB today, all of them were only 5%, so I assume it's going to stay that way from now on.
Old 09-03-05, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unless it's a price mistake or a good deal over all (the New Twilight Zone season one for 13.99, for example), I go with Deep Discount DVD for all my online purchases. I save far more than 5-10% with DDDVD over most amazon.com prices anyway.
Old 09-06-05, 08:45 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
That is pretty lame. First STL, now this and the next demise will probably be the free shipping over $25. I'm going to only buy from Amazon when I have a GC to burn.