Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

BBO's Canned Responses to Inquiries

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-05, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Is anyone else tired of the complete lack of customer service with them? I'll keep it short and simple. Here's my email to them:

This is the third time I've written regarding the queue issue. I'm not going to send any futher emails. If this situation does not change, I will be cancelling my account and switching my business to your competitor.

"Over the last couple of months, the top five or six DVD's in my queue are being ignored (even though they are 'available now') and the system is choosing, arbitrarily, movies farther down (usually 7, 8, 9th in my queue.) The answer I was given by your automatic system last time was insufficient. I noticed that most of the DVD's at the top of my queue are TV series (Six Feet Under, House, Nip/Tuck, Dead Zone etc.) - is the shipping center near me in Santa Ana not carrying them (series)? If so, Why? It makes absolutely no sense.

I have enjoyed, overall, my BBO service over the past year, but this is unacceptable and a rotten way to treat your customers. There's a reason why i put films at the top of my queue - BECAUSE I WANT TO WATCH THEM FIRST - so, again, I plead that this situation gets resolved over the next couple of weeks."

And here's the same exact response I received the last time:

"Thank you for contacting BLOCKBUSTER Online Customer Service.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Our goal is to ship your movies as quickly as possible in order to meet the expectation of 1 to 3 business days for receipt. We review all "Available Now" titles in your queue, and determine which titles are available for 2-day shipping at your nearest distribution center(s). If the requested title is outside the 2-day shipping window, it will be skipped over for a title further on your list.

I understand that this is very frustrating for you, we are working very hard to improve this process. We appreciate your patience as we do this.

Your Friends at BLOCKBUSTER Online"

So...should I just accept this answer? When I was with Netflix and a title wasn't available from my distro center, they'd send it from another one nearby. Am I in the wrong here?
Old 09-05-05, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would leave them. The top movies you want to see are not available and have not been available for months. On top of that, BBO doesn't seem to care enough to fix this matter for you. Go back to netflix. They may be a little more but at least you get the titles you want.
Old 09-06-05, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I had no idea that BBO won't ship you a title unless it's close to you. That is nuts. Right now, from Netflix, I'm working on watching every season of Stargate SG-1. They've sent a few discs from the Pittsburgh shipping center near me but most of the discs are coming from all around the country. I just thought BBO would do the same thing.

With their company being on the verge of collapse maybe they just don't care anymore but if they do care they really should get their shit together.
Old 09-06-05, 11:37 AM

I thought I read in the BBO FAQ the other day that they will ship from other distribution centers. I looked that up because last week I had two DVDs ship and it said they would arrive in 3 days when I normally receive them in two. So I was wondering why it would take an extra day when my distribution center is less than an hour from me. It said that sometimes they ship from other centers so I figured that is probably what happened but I believe the return addy for one still had my normal center on it. I still haven't received the other.