Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DeepDiscountDVD.com Replacement Policy

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-05, 07:53 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was surprised and appalled that they recharged me for a DVD for an exchange I wanted because the one I received was defective! Just think if you had a defective $100 boxset and wanted to exchange it for a new copy. You'd be paying $200. This is ridiculous!
Old 07-23-05, 07:59 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

hey chu

look closely at your credit card statement, you should have a refund for that same amount recharged, i have never had any problems with exchanges at ddd
Old 07-23-05, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That cant be right. I ordered Scrubs season 1 from them and disc 1 was damaged, they have sent me a prepaid sticker but I have yet to send it back. They better not charge me again for the set.
Old 07-23-05, 11:19 PM
Cool New Member

An additional amount of money (price of the DVD) is being taken out of my account. It doesn't say I'm being refunded any amount at all. I e-mailed them about this and they told me it is their policy.
Old 07-23-05, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/help_4.cfm#1

Returns

Policy

DeepDiscountDVD.com wants you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. If you decide within 30 days that you do not want the product you purchased, you may return it for a refund or exchange as long as it is unopened and in its original packaging.

If you receive a defective DVD, please enclose a brief note stating the nature of the defect and we will replace it promptly upon return. Please use the return label on the reverse side of the packing slip and send it back to us via USPS Parcel Post.

How-To

When making a return, place the item in the box it arrived in and send it back to us via USPS Parcel Post. For your convenience, please use the label on the back of your packing slip. Don’t forget to include a brief note stating the reason for the return and if you’d like an exchange or replacement.

Return your package to the address below:

DeepDiscountDVD.com
900 N Rohlwing Rd
Itasca IL 60143

If you are returning your item for a replacement or an exchange, your credit card statement will indicate a credit followed by a charge for the new transaction.

If you wish to only receive a refund for your unopened merchandise, the refund to your credit card will be made when your return is processed in our warehouse. Shipping & Handling is non-refundable.

Unsure?

Email us at [email protected] We will be happy to answer any questions.
Old 07-24-05, 03:19 PM
Cool New Member

My apologies for overreacting. They refunded me the amount. But I find it kind of strange that they have to recharge you then refund you later to exchange DVD's.
Old 07-24-05, 11:43 PM

When making a return, place the item in the box it arrived in and send it back to us via USPS Parcel Post. For your convenience, please use the label on the back of your packing slip.
I notice the "label" that's on the packing slip has a barcode on it. Does this mean it's a pre-paid return label? Or do I have to go to the post office and pay for the return shipping?
Old 07-25-05, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by sldvd
I notice the "label" that's on the packing slip has a barcode on it. Does this mean it's a pre-paid return label? Or do I have to go to the post office and pay for the return shipping?
If you use the label on the packing slip, the postage is not pre-paid. The barcode is only the order number. If you call or email them for a return, they will send a pre-paid label if the return is a result of their error (wrong disc, defective disc, etc.) However, if you're returning something simply because you don't want it, you'll have to pay for shipping.
Old 07-26-05, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,984 Likes on 2,035 Posts
I hate DDD's return policy.

I'd rather they just do an even exchange instead of refunding and recharging. It would be nice if they did it like Amazon, and send out the replacement immediately so I could just switch out the defective discs in multi-disc sets instead of having to rewatch all of them to verify they work.
Old 07-29-05, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just noticed today that I was charged an additional $4.95 to exchange a defective DVD (above the credit). I even paid to return it to them.

Watch your statements.
Old 08-01-05, 03:55 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by abintra
I just noticed today that I was charged an additional $4.95 to exchange a defective DVD (above the credit). I even paid to return it to them.
Why would they charge your $4.95 more for the exchange???

If they ship you a damaged DVD (say, a collector's tin box), would they pay shipping for the return?
Old 08-01-05, 06:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by eau
Why would they charge your $4.95 more for the exchange???

If they ship you a damaged DVD (say, a collector's tin box), would they pay shipping for the return?
No idea why they did. A couple emails cleared it up but if you make a return I'd double check your statement just in case.
Old 08-01-05, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got the third season set of E.R. during their most recent sale, and the cases had been smashed so they wouldn't hold the discs. I returned it and they replaced it without a problem, although I had to pay for shipping to return it. Between the time I placed the order and the time I got a good set, more than a month had passed --and I decided that it ultimately wasn't worth the savings.
Old 08-01-05, 12:54 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by bookcase3
I got the third season set of E.R. during their most recent sale, and the cases had been smashed so they wouldn't hold the discs. I returned it and they replaced it without a problem, although I had to pay for shipping to return it. Between the time I placed the order and the time I got a good set, more than a month had passed --and I decided that it ultimately wasn't worth the savings.
If you called them up, they would have emailed you a return shipping label so that you didn't have to pay to ship it back.
Old 08-02-05, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think DDD is really pretty good processing returns and exchanges. The wait for shipping and re-shipping can be a pain (if you're not using some kind of upgraded shipping), but other than that, they usually seem pretty cool.

I'm guessing the whole debit/re-charge process they use is more related to the use of credit card payment than any necessity of how they process returns. If you try to return merchandise to a retailer that you have bought on credit, they only debit your CC rather than refunding you cash. That is obviously to prevent fraudulent CC usage, so I'm guessing DDD's process has something like the same basis.

DDD only overcharged me on a return once, and that was because they charged me for shipping the exchanged item back to me instead of the no-cost no frills shipping option that I had used for the original purchase. I was tweaked about it until I realized they had also credited me that shipping amount on my returned item, so it all came out in the wash.

And if you do contact them for a return postage authorization, they will even email it to you, so you don't have to wait for it to be mailed via PO. Pretty good CS overall, in my opinion.
Old 08-02-05, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They always used to preship box sets that were damaged. This was soooooo helpful. But now its a pain in the ass I ordered the Season 1-3 of Dukes of Hazzard pack and theres 22 disc sides on 11 discs. The 2 disc was scratched to hell. Had to ship the entire thing back and now I'm waitin gof ra new one.
Old 08-03-05, 04:07 AM
Cool New Member

How long does it usually take to get a replacement back? I got the Ultimate Matrix set with broken digipaks, so I sent it back. I used the label they emailed me and got
delivery confirmation on it just because the post office makes me paranoid. heh.

Anyways, they've recieved it a little over 10 days ago. Do they email you when its sent out or anything? Or does it just show up? Thanks